What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

audiohi

Veteran
70% of jewish voters in this country are liberal. He'd lose many more votes not backing Israel

But ofcourse he knows this✌️

It's crazy how the Republicans are currently holding up aid to Israel, but you're saying Biden is at risk of losing Jewish voters if he supports Palestinians.

What's their alternative though?

77100667-0-image-a-3_1698448068091.jpg

liberals?

EastCoastGambit

Good im glad they're holding back aid. They dont need it.
I don't think they are holding back aid, they are attempting to use it as a leverage.

My original comment was what are the US Arabs other choice even if they are displeased with Biden? I mean, were they even pleased with him to begin with, I sure as hell am not.

Republicans, in some camps, are just as Islamophobic if not worse than the Democrats. But lets be real, both parties, and their affiliated corporate rulers, historically and currently, shit on brown persons of all backgrounds and nations a' plenty.

I was pretty sickened that right around the time of the Hamas attack that one of the 1st news reports I heard thereafter was a political analysts calculations about how this conflict could hurt or benefit either platform. That is what was 1st important to them, how can we use this to our advantage or our opponents disadvantage.

When are we going to wake up and demand better choices for our government officials. People that can work together and serve the people, not special interests.

EastCoastGambit

Think of how the govt. handles Ukraine. They tell us we need to support Ukraine with military funding in these vast amounts. Its not the voters and taxpayers telling the govt. to do so, they tell us they are doing so whether we agree with it or not. Sure in democracy if we don't like what they do we have the power to vote them out, but it never really works that way does it? Why is that?

moose eater

Re. voting out non-representative politicians and the general sense of fair elections in the US (and many other well-endowed otherwise-banana republics); the primaries and any candidates with any chance of winning are typically restricted to those who were backed by sufficient money to get on the ballot in the first place.

And the national committees, whether DNC or RNC, were effectively ruled in the courts to be private clubs following the outing of the DNC's shenanigans involving the fucking the DNC gave Bernie, as outed by Donna Brazille and others. No consequences to speak of, other than for the handful of folks who were offended sufficiently to change their registrations to 'Independent' or 'Non-Partisan' rather than Democrat after that clown show of true corruption. And there were games that went on inside the DNC that never made the headlines.

Voters are permitted to essentially vote for those names that the quasi-oligarchy and national parties agreed to be permitted on the ballot. That's what happens when a run for office requires MILLIONS of dollars.

A pretense of democratic processes, twice removed from a guarantee of oligarchy hand-puppets ending up in the various respective offices. Make the People feel like they actually had a choice. Placebo politics in motion.

And yes, I still vote in nearly every election, regardless of that set of facts.

Last edited:

moose eater

Spot on! I love that reply Moose. Wish you weren't so far away as I'd love to meet you in person.
Thank you.

You might be surprised at how many members have travelled thousands of miles to commune with others of like minds. Not to mention the accrual of serious air miles in some cases. ;^)>.

I was staying in New Jersey for OCCUPY Wall St. in Manhattan (Toms River/Ocean Gate), and travel more broadly than that on occasion, though most of my trips since COVID have been to clinics in Seattle or back to my spiritual home, the Yukon Territory of Canada, though even that may be a closing widow now.

The current target or topic of my clinic visit today may well better define how long before I exit stage left.

But comradery on the boards is often a good thing, even if sometimes disappointing after the fact in some cases.

Thank you again for the compliment.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Good im glad they're holding back aid. They dont need it.

Lets use the money we were gonna fund wars with and build the worlds biggest bass pro shop. Yeah i agree. Fishings a great alternative to warmongering

Except for the fact that we have allies.

Or maybe even humans are human.

Why shouldn't we send a better message to the world?

Sending humanitarian aid in lieu of weapons to both sides is a little bit more of a sign I can think would send a better message to the rest of us.

Selfish actions are just that.

Trump would golf while the world burns if he thought he would have a cool smoke free zone.

No wonder you thought that douche earned one vote.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was pretty sickened that right around the time of the Hamas attack that one of the 1st news reports I heard thereafter was a political analysts calculations about how this conflict could hurt or benefit either platform. That is what was 1st important to them, how can we use this to our advantage or our opponents disadvantage.
The very first thing you need to know about the International Game of Foreign Policy is remove all humanity and feeling. It is strictly about power.