What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

moose eater

Yes, hitting soft targets intentionally is bad news.

Israel has been knowingly hitting soft targets for decades, including using armor and machineguns on 8-year-old kids who threw stones at the Israeli armor.... as though the soldiers in the tanks or the tanks themselves were vulnerable to an 8-year-old tossing a rock.

The day after Doctors Without Borders gave their GPS coordinates of their hospital in Kabul to US Armed Forces, specifically so they wouldn't be fired upon, their hospital was 'accidentally' struck with US missiles. I'm sure it was mere coincidence and had nothing to do with the fact that DWB treats anyone who comes through their doors, as long as they leave any weapons at the entrance. <sarcasm>.

There is a historical aggressor in this decades-long skirmish, and it comes from the folks we, the United States, fund and arm so heavily, who we then turn a blind eye for their heinous and illegal transgressions.

If your neighbor came to your property, harmed your family members, and stole property/commandeered your home on a regular basis, shooting you and yours down routinely when you objected, including killing civilians in your family on the regular, how long would you wait to lock and load?

Me? About 10 seconds. No.. not even that long. Especially if I already knew that the proverbial or metaphorical cops wouldn't do anything about it and would even interfere in my making a formal complaint.

There can be no diplomatic solution as long as the US blocks International Law sanctions against Israel at the UN.

Last edited:

moose eater

The Mideast doesn’t have civilians. It’s two groups of people that want to commit genocide against the “others”.
People who've actually spent time there would point out the naivete in that comment.

There are Israelis who stand against Netanyahu's extremes, and Palestinians who are not militant Hamas supporters.

But I guess if one wanted to marginalize all occupants of that general region with obvious and overt ignorance, they might say something similar as to what you just posted.

Having had neighbors in Alaska who were Iranian, Israeli, Pakistani, and others, It's a bit of personal knowledge as to the breadth of who occupies these places.

Having a neighbor who has spent time there, living among the Palestinians, for whatever short period, and visiting the Pakistanis in the tribal outlands, I can say there are many people who know the flaws within the above assertion.

moose eater

It’s a lot easier to swallow the atrocity when we can dehumanise an entire people.

It’s nice to see you posting again moose, sorry it’s a situation such as this that brings you back around.
It's good to see you too, Brother Nature.

More carnage, whether on a macro or micro scale, personal or impersonal, still pokes the same reactive nerves in me.

Broken families, heartfelt sadness, and conundrums with few good resolutions are things that grab me harder than most days at the moment. And those things are what is being perpetrated in the West Bank and Gaza today.... and in Israel, too.

The tentative nature of life, and how quickly we can lose what mattered most to us.

Last edited:

Hiddenjems

People who've actually spent time there would point out the naivete in that comment.

There are Israelis who stand against Netanyahu's extremes, and Palestinians who are not militant Hamas supporters.

But I guess if one wanted to marginalize all occupants of that general region with obvious and overt ignorance, they might say something similar as to what you just posted.

Having had neighbors in Alaska who were Iranian, Israeli, Pakistani, and others, It's a bit of personal knowledge as to the breadth of who occupies these places.

Having a neighbor who has spent time there, living among the Palestinians, for whatever short period, and visiting the Pakistanis in the tribal outlands, I can say there are many people who know the flaws within the above assertion.
There are always exceptions. But there is a reason these people have been fighting for generations.

Leaders don’t cause wars. The support of citizens is required. Every American that didn’t march on Washington to stop bush from killing millions has blood on their hands.

PetePrice

There are always exceptions. But there is a reason these people have been fighting for generations.

Leaders don’t cause wars. The support of citizens is required. Every American that didn’t march on Washington to stop bush from killing millions has blood on their hands.
Leaders don't cause wars!! Hahaha I need what your smoking

Brother Nature

Yeah, I thought that was a very contradictory post. I don't get the 'these people' reference either, 'those people' are no different than 'us people'. It's like taking a clone of mine to your tent then calling it something different, it's only different in your mind, in the end it's still weed...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I thought that was a very contradictory post. I don't get the 'these people' reference either, 'those people' are no different than 'us people'. It's like taking a clone of mine to your tent then calling it something different, it's only different in your mind, in the end it's still weed...
Careful Brother. You're starting to let your humanity show through.

KILL ALL THE THINGS FOR ALL THE REASONS AND NONE OF THE REASONS!!!

PetePrice

1 person cannot force 200,000,000 people to do anything without a large portion of the population either laying down, or agreeing.

I mean do the majority of Israeli's want what is happening right now? is their government listening and then acting according to the peoples wishes? or are they carrying out their agenda?

Half of African countries are dictatorships ffs, I had to get my sister smuggled out of a country there as she was not allowed a passport and well you know the military can and would do as they like but I guess they should of rose up and just got slaughtered?

Last edited:

PetePrice

R.gif

Hiddenjems

I mean do the majority of Israeli's want what is happening right now? is their government listening and then acting according to the peoples wishes? or are they carrying out their agenda?

Half of African countries are dictatorships ffs, I had to get my sister smuggled out of a country there as she was not allowed a passport and well you know the military can and would do as they like but I guess they should of rose up and just got slaughtered?
Americans fought British oppression and died. Every free country is founded on blood.

Hell, in Ukraine the average age of a soldier is now 45. I guess they should give up?

PetePrice

Americans fought British oppression and died. Every free country is founded on blood.

Hell, in Ukraine the average age of a soldier is now 45. I guess they should give up?
You know it was Putin and the leaders that started that war and not the people of Russia? You're conflating completely different scenarios..
I mean Putin invading meant the place was confirmed as a dictatorship..

No one is arguing that oppressed people should just take it, I guess with your thinking the Jews in Germany etc got what they deserved? I mean they just let it happen?

Last edited: