What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Brother Nature

your reference was in regard to the attack on israel by hamas. my statement was in regard to that also. trying to find statements made in regard to ukraine and russia is a cop-out on your part. you were responding specifically to the news about the attack on israel.
Yea can read my mind and intentions from a post? That’s pretty good.

Maybe you guys should start another thread discussing that war?

War is war, no matter where, the needless loss of human life is deplorable. It’s my point of view you guys don’t have to agree, I’m just pointing out how I see it, clearly others view things differently.

audiohi

Veteran
I can't recall any antisemitic comments. But since you are so bent on Trump with Jewish grandchildren how about him. The Republicans support Isreal and the jews

what about him?

like his dinners with holocaust deniers and things like that?

Brother Nature

You should post your own opinion.
The post from Giaus is a utopian notion and does neglect a few important details like the ethnic cleansing that took place in Yugoslavia and the peaceful Ukrainian people being attacked by their neighbor unprovoked. Reactions, not actions.
I don’t see Russia or Palestine as doing anything right here either, that’s not my point. War is the worst thing humans have contributed to existence, I don’t view it like those of you on this thread. I don’t view it as a black and white “they did this so we need to do that”. My point of view is you guys discussing this are supporting the killing of your fellow man, I’m not ok with that in any form, it’s an ideological point not a pragmatic one. I don’t dislike or view any of you differently because of your thoughts on the subject, I respect and enjoy that people have vastly different experiences and understandings of the world other than myself.

Brother Nature

wishing "death and destruction" upon the apparent aggressor in a war against a smaller non-nuclear neighbor is a fairly common response, and should not be taken as supporting more bloodshed of innocent civilians. starting shit leaves one on the hook for damages.
You and I will never see eye to eye on this and I get that. I totally understand this view point I just think it rather basic.

right

what about him?

like his dinners with holocaust deniers and things like that?
Wait wait, do you mean Kanye? Nobody knew he was going to do that . Did you see it coming. Anyways I don't care about the former president.

greyfader

@Brother Nature, "Sweet, more death and destruction for you guys to support…"

"Yea can read my mind and intentions from a post? That’s pretty good."

no one has to read your mind, you've stated this clearly in reference to the hamas attack on israel.

why would you make such a statement when the conversation was clearly in reference to hamas and israel?

so, everyone on the thread is talking about this attack and you say "sweet, more death and destruction for you guys to support". what else could you possibly be talking about? get real and stop trying to cop out.

right

How about Nick Fuentes?

The guy that said this...

lol

you brought him up :ROFLMAO:

This Fuentes character had dinner with the former president and said nazi garbage a year after the fact.

I know that I will vote for the lesser of two evils, hopefully it isn't trump,but Tim Scott

Brother Nature

@Brother Nature, "Sweet, more death and destruction for you guys to support…"

"Yea can read my mind and intentions from a post? That’s pretty good."

no one has to read your mind, you've stated this clearly in reference to the hamas attack on israel.

why would you make such a statement when the conversation was clearly in reference to hamas and israel?

so, everyone on the thread is talking about this attack and you say "sweet, more death and destruction for you guys to support". what else could you possibly be talking about? get real and stop trying to cop out.
The key word there is “more”, if you’re wanting to focus on the semantics of the post. More meaning more of what you are already supporting in this thread. I then referenced posts where they were supporting death and destruction, this new war gives you guys the opportunity to do more of that. Not that hard to understand big dog.

greyfader

The key word there is “more”, if you’re wanting to focus on the semantics of the post. More meaning more of what you are already supporting in this thread. I then referenced posts where they were supporting death and destruction, this new war gives you guys the opportunity to do more of that. Not that hard to understand big dog.
no one on this thread is happy about russia invading ukraine except maybe some of the russia lovers. no one is supporting war, most on here wish that it had never happened.

you think you can come on here and insult people and not be called out for it. you are wrong.

i am asking everyone reading this if they think you were talking about something other than the hamas attack on israel when you made this remark.

you are confusing anger at what russia has done with supporting war. they are not the same thing. do you think that the ukrainians should not have fought back? just roll over and let the russians have it their way?

i have tried very hard to be tolerant of your sanctimonious and self-righteous remarks but i'm done with that now.

every time you do or say something insulting i'm going to jump your ass for it.

just a heads up. not that hard to understand, is it?

supporting the ukrainians for defending themselves is not supporting war either.

any man who would not fight to protect his family or his country is a coward.

are you a coward?

shiva82

no one on this thread is happy about russia invading ukraine except maybe some of the russia lovers. no one is supporting war, most on here wish that it had never happened.

you think you can come on here and insult people and not be called out for it. you are wrong.

i am asking everyone reading this if they think you were talking about something other than the hamas attack on israel when you made this remark.

you are confusing anger at what russia has done with supporting war. they are not the same thing. do you think that the ukrainians should not have fought back? just roll over and let the russians have it their way?

i have tried very hard to be tolerant of your sanctimonious and self-righteous remarks but i'm done with that now.

every time you do or say something insulting i'm going to jump your ass for it.

just a heads up. not that hard to understand, is it?

supporting the ukrainians for defending themselves is not supporting war either.

any man who would not fight to protect his family or his country is a coward.

are you a coward?
everything you insinuate others of doing you are guilty of doing exactly the same. you are the most insincere prick in here, and then you try and bully a man for calling your bullshit out .

each point you write here is either complete lies, fabrications, presumptions , and paranoia.

you are demented

grow up man

people don't always agree with your warped view on the world

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not just political commentary but news about an act of congress banning ilhan Omar from the foreign affairs committee for her continuing racism.

House Republicans vote to remove Rep. Ilhan Omar from the Foreign Affairs Committee​

Updated February 2, 202312:48 PM ET
By
Lexie Schapitl
gettyimages-1246565342_custom-d10824333e70fbb6933cf69c46835e1615d08c27-s1100-c50.jpg

Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., departs a news conference outside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 26.
Drew Angerer/Getty Images
House Republicans have voted to remove Minnesota Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar from the Foreign Affairs Committee, citing past controversial comments she made about Israel and concerns over her objectivity.
The vote was 218-211 along party lines.
In her first term, Omar drew criticism from Republicans and Democrats alike for tweets that invoked antisemitic tropes. She apologized for those tweets but has remained outspoken about the influence of Israel and the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, a powerful pro-Israel lobby, on U.S. politics.
The resolution, introduced by Rep. Max Miller, R-Ohio, stated that Omar "has disqualified herself from serving on the Committee on Foreign Affairs, a panel that is viewed by nations around the world as speaking for Congress on matters of international importance and national security."
Sponsor Message

Miller, who is one of two Jewish Republicans in the House, said in a statement that Omar "cannot be an objective decision-maker on the Foreign Affairs Committee given her biases against Israel and against the Jewish people."
Omar, who herself has faced anti-Muslim bigotry since taking office, told reporters last week that the move to remove her from the committee was "purely partisan."
In an emotional speech on the House floor Thursday, Omar said she is being targeted for her identity as a Muslim immigrant from Africa.
"Is anyone surprised that I am somehow deemed unworthy to speak about American foreign policy? Or that they see me as a powerful voice that needs to be silenced?" she said. "I didn't come to Congress to be silent."
Her experiences as an immigrant and refugee who survived a civil war give her a valuable and unique perspective on American foreign policy, she added.
Democrats rebuked Omar for her past comments at the time, but they united around her ahead of the vote. House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries said Thursday the motion to remove her was not about accountability, but "political revenge."
"Rep. Omar certainly has made mistakes," Jeffries told reporters. "Ilhan Omar has apologized. She has indicated that she'll learn from her mistakes, is working to build bridges ... with the Jewish community."
Rep. George Santos voluntarily steps down from House committee assignments

POLITICS

Rep. George Santos voluntarily steps down from House committee assignments

Democrats are crying foul as House Republicans sort key committee assignments

POLITICS

Democrats are crying foul as House Republicans sort key committee assignments

Republicans cite Democrats' votes to strip GOP Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Paul Gosar of their committee assignments in 2021 as precedent for the Omar move.
Greene lost her committee assignments over her own history of engaging with antisemitism, conspiracy theories and calls for political violence. Gosar was censured by the House after he shared a cartoon video that showed him murdering Democratic colleague Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Greene and Gosar have regained their committee spots under the new Republican House majority.
GOP leadership also recently blocked California Democratic Reps. Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell from serving on the House Intelligence Committee.
Sponsor Message

Some Republicans have been calling for Omar's removal from the committee for years. But others voiced concerns about due process this week, and with a razor-thin Republican majority, it wasn't clear that the resolution had enough votes to pass.
Rep. Victoria Spartz, R-Ind., supported the move only after language was added allowing members to appeal their removal to the House Ethics Committee. Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., dropped his opposition after a conversation with House Speaker Kevin McCarthy Wednesday, in which Buck proposed future removals be handled by a majority vote in the evenly split Ethics Committee.
"He committed to the process of getting something like that done," Buck said Wednesday, adding that Congress needs to "stop this nonsense of kicking people off committees because it's just wrong."
Rep. Nancy Mace, R-S.C., had voiced opposition to the move throughout the week. But Thursday she told reporters she would vote yes after McCarthy committed to creating a process to handle removals through the Ethics Committee in the next 30 days.
"We shook hands ... and I got this commitment from him," Mace said. "Due process is very important to me, and preserving the institution is what this will do."

Omar has faced accusations of antisemitism since 2019​

Omar first came under fire for comments on Israel in February 2019, when she posted tweets that invoked tropes about Jewish wealth and influence on U.S. politics. The tweets received bipartisan criticism, and Omar shortly after issued an apology, saying she was "listening and learning" about "the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes."
The next month, Omar again drew condemnation for comments criticizing pro-Israel lobbying in American politics. In a speech at a political event, she said, "I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country. I want to ask why is it OK for me to talk about the influence of the NRA, of fossil fuel industries or Big Pharma, and not talk about a powerful lobbying group that is influencing policies?"
Sponsor Message

Many saw these comments as suggesting American Jews have "dual loyalty" — a smear used to harass and persecute Jewish people throughout history. The remarks prompted the House to approve a resolution condemning "anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, racism and other forms of bigotry."
In 2021, Omar drew criticism for comments that appeared to equate the United States and Israel with terror groups. In a tweet about the role of the International Criminal Court, she said that "we have seen unthinkable atrocities committed by the U.S., Hamas, Israel, Afghanistan, and the Taliban."
After a group of 12 Democrats denounced Omar's comments, she issued a clarification: "To be clear: the conversation was about accountability for specific incidents regarding those [International Criminal Court] cases, not a moral comparison between Hamas and the Taliban and the U.S. and Israel," she wrote in a press release.
'Go Back Where You Came From': The Long Rhetorical Roots Of Trump's Racist Tweets'Go Back Where You Came From': The Long Rhetorical Roots Of Trump's Racist Tweets

FROM 2019

'Go Back Where You Came From': The Long Rhetorical Roots Of Trump's Racist Tweets

"I was in no way equating terrorist organizations with democratic countries with well-established judicial systems," she added.
In 2018, Omar became one of the first Muslim women elected to the House and, along with other progressive women of color, has been a target of vicious attacks since.
In 2019, then-President Donald Trump tweeted that Omar and her colleagues often known as "the squad" should "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came." At one of the former president's rallies, the mention of Omar — who was born in Somalia and spent time in a refugee camp — drew chants of "send her back" from the crowd.
  • Facebook
  • Flipboard
  • Email

More Stories From NPR​

POLITICS

The House can't work without a speaker. How will it choose McCarthy's successor?

POLITICS

Biden's dog Commander has left the White House

POLITICS

Fate of House GOP leadership throws Congress into chaos

POLITICS

Who is Rep. Patrick McHenry and why is he the interim House speaker?

POLITICS

Biden says he's worried about Ukraine aid. The Pentagon warns it's running low

POLITICS

McCarthy will not run for speaker again after being removed

Popular on NPR.org​

CLIMATE

It's a global climate solution — if it can get past conspiracy theories and NIMBYs

WORLD

Israel is trying to regain full control of its territory 2 days after Hamas attack

HEALTH

Ready to cold plunge? We dive into the science to see if it's worth it

EDUCATION

Meet the high school sport that builds robots — and the next generation of engineers

MIDDLE EAST

All-out war: Israel pounds Gaza after militants infiltrate in a large-scale

They have been trying to kick her off that committee since she was put on that committee.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
everything you insinuate others of doing you are guilty of doing exactly the same. you are the most insincere prick in here, and then you try and bully a man for calling your bullshit out .

each point you write here is either complete lies, fabrications, presumptions , and paranoia.

you are demented

grow up man

people don't always agree with your warped view on the world
Pot meet Kettle.

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Ron Paul at the time: "If you look at the history of Hamas, you will find that it was encouraged and even created by Israel, which wanted Hamas to thwart Yasser Arafat

Latest posts

Latest posts