ICMag Donor
Veteran
FB_IMG_1720122129101.jpg

On the real

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240707_131402146_MFNR~3.jpg

I've only got four little plants in the greenhouse at the moment because I want to renovate a little this fall. But today when I went into the greenhouse I was greeted the strong smell of weed. My greenhouse is very well ventilated and only four little plants and it was pungent. Tracked the aroma down to this little hybrid. Really strong smelling plant at this point, I actually finished one of these back in April. But the other pheno wasn't anything like this one at all. It's still putting out fresh pistols and getting thicker.
IMG_20240707_131324949_MFNR~2.jpg

RS getting it's Punto Rojo on.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm hoping to harvest both the seeded RS and the hybrid around mid month.
IMG_20240709_095109363_MFNR~2.jpg

I defoliated the little hybrid to let it ripen a bit and to look for any pathogens. It looks good to me and almost there.
IMG_20240709_095026054_MFNR~2.jpg

The RS is still flowering but parts are ripe now. The seeds are fully developed so I'm just letting her thicken up a bit more before harvest. Hoping to time everything just perfect for the next cycle (19 plants). I want organize the greenhouse and hole placement. If it was more plants this might feel like work.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240710_095159394_MFNR.jpg

Yes it's a nice day here on the mountain, got kinda windy later. It's been getting down around freezing the last couple nights, nice purpling on the RS and the hybrid.
IMG_20240710_093818346_MFNR~2.jpg

Next up (hopefully) will be an interesting cross of Muisca and Wiley (Hawaiian) that I named Kahuna. Even knowing the parents I'm not sure what to expect in this cross but something tells me it's going to a crazy sativa.
IMG_20240710_093733430_MFNR~2.jpg

There's something special about Colombian genetics grown in Colombia.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well for me I experience "land race" and pretty much everything else with a pipe or paper. I've never been one to buy expensive paraphernalia.
IMG_20240626_084614516_MFNR~2.jpg

I like to keep things simple and uncomplicated as possible because to me it's about the weed not the method. Off course that's just me.
IMG_20240607_090303623_MFNR.jpg

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240711_082352422_MFNR~2.jpg

One of the main reasons people here and around the world prefer to grow hybrids is the incredible flower time of sativa. Lot's of time for insects and pathogens to set up shop and other problems to develop. So why do I keep growing them, the hit. Most cannabis consumers are unaware of don't care about the some what subtle different. And the reality is unfortunately money talks.
IMG_20240714_133336298_MFNR~2.jpg

However I sometimes dream of a legal global free market where really high end exotics could be brought to a serious consumer. On the other hand have distaste for the cannabis "industry" so I'm good with very small circles.
IMG_20240714_133344809_MFNR~2.jpg

The RS is still going although I cut a few mature flowers for testing. The seeds are fully developed and plentiful but still a lot beautiful sinsemilla flower.

red rider

"Well for me I experience "land race" and pretty much everything else with a pipe or paper. I've never been one to buy expensive paraphernalia."

You are shorting yourself. Lol, this isn't the '80's or 90's. Without paper or flame you get to experience the true terps. Another plus is you don't need a long cure to get results. Even slightly damp in the chamber vaporizes cleaner and gives you a much truer experience then paper and flame do. Expensive? Three years ago I bought my $50 Vivant VLeaf and have enjoyed ever since. Given a choice of papers, a pipe, a bong or the vaporizer it is the vape everytime. I use the lowest setting so I get flavor without the coughing or the cloud of smoke.

kro-magnon

Veteran
"Well for me I experience "land race" and pretty much everything else with a pipe or paper. I've never been one to buy expensive paraphernalia."

You are shorting yourself. Lol, this isn't the '80's or 90's. Without paper or flame you get to experience the true terps. Another plus is you don't need a long cure to get results. Even slightly damp in the chamber vaporizes cleaner and gives you a much truer experience then paper and flame do. Expensive? Three years ago I bought my $50 Vivant VLeaf and have enjoyed ever since. Given a choice of papers, a pipe, a bong or the vaporizer it is the vape everytime. I use the lowest setting so I get flavor without the coughing or the cloud of smoke
I'm also a joint smoker, I tried to use some vaporizer but it didn't wok well for me, many long time smokers of cannabis have a hard time to adjust to vaporizing. The experience is very different, I don't believe one is better than the other just make what work for you to get the beneficial effects you want.
A truer experience doesn't mean anything, we all process cannabinoids differently.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a vaporizer for oil/rosin and I had one for flower for a few months. It's not like I don't know the difference or haven't spent endless hours vaping, I just prefer combustion. I understand all the benefits and still I consume the way I always have..
Of course I insinuated that my way is better than vaping, it's just not my bag.
phone pics 2020 2021 1178.jpg

And to me even $50 (198,000 COP) is expensive when I simply use a 250ml plastic water bottle (1000 COP) for a bong.
It's all relitive to your situation and I'm sure in my case it's habit. I still roll filter less pin joints too. A pin joint of some primo Colombian Gold and I'm a happy man.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a vaporizer for oil/rosin and I had one for flower for a few months. It's not like I don't know the difference or haven't spent endless hours vaping, I just prefer combustion. I understand all the benefits and still I consume the way I always have..
Of course I insinuated that my way is better than vaping, it's just not my bag.
View attachment 19032961
And to me even $50 (198,000 COP) is expensive when I simply use a 250ml plastic water bottle (1000 COP) for a bong.
It's all relitive to your situation and I'm sure in my case it's habit. I still roll filter less pin joints too. A pin joint of some primo Colombian Gold and I'm a happy man.
There’s a big difference between concentrates and regular flower They both have their place ..my age age I seldom to actually smoke anymore it’s all concentrates, and yes, tolerance is very high.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240715_090148694_MFNR.jpg

We all have our way and really I can respect that. As far as concentrates vs flower, I feel hashish is of a higher quality. My only complaint with fine hash is there's never enough of it. However I seem to get tired of anything after a while so I'm constantly trying new varieties.
IMG_20240715_090235471_MFNR.jpg

Right now the celebratiy flower is the very PR Red Snake bx. Of course needs a cure but even green (dry) it's a tasty treat.
IMG_20240714_133350989_MFNR.jpg

I'm thinking about washing a little plant I just harvested then I got distracted by the RS that should be harvested soon.
IMG_20230809_185425808_MFNR~3.jpg

SMG bubble

red rider

Loriented

I can honestly say I was surprised at the quality of the taste, using a high quality dry flower vaporizer. Not mine, but wow you could really taste the terpenes. I've been wanting to get one, but that one was $150.
I have had lower quality vaporizers but like Red, I was not impressed.