What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240729_074030680_MFNR~2.jpg

Although there's that smidge of Oaxacan this is very Colombian PR. Looks like it, smells like it, hits like it,must be PR.
IMG_20240729_074055380_MFNR~2.jpg

Still waiting for the gas company to inspect the lines here at the finca. I'd like to be angry about but I got a bowl of Punto Rojo.

red rider

It is predictable that whenever you mention 'tourists' and 'events' that people are going to start with dollar signs in their eyes and greedy hands. More so if they tell you 'yes' and then 'no'.

blondie

Back safe and sound in states. Great trip. Much Thanks to the rider. Lots of fun and about the pace I needed. Luckily I had some good local herb to help kill the pain. My back was definitely not cooperating but it worked out eventually. Colombia is quite nice and worth the trip.

We stayed a few days in bogota which is a different experience than small towns. If you looked around, so much weed being smoked fairly openly in public. Everything you read says it’s dangerous in bogota. I think it’s more accurate that certain areas are dangerous. No troubles, no close calls. Thanks Rider....

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes really enjoyed meeting and hanging out with blondie. He probably didn't know all the varieties sampled in our different sessions.
Red Snake bx
Red Death
Muisca
Djamba
Kamora F3
Samora F1 (2 phenotypes)
FEZ (white rhino x NYCD)
Wiley (Hawaiian)
MM
Red Snake bx pressed dry sift
Muisca bubble hash
All in a little over a week. I enjoyed getting another qualified opinion on my different smokes. However my original idea was to sample these fine herbs in a relaxed outdoor environment with a view. It's fun walking around in town trying to sneak a toke here and there but I'm too old for that shit. But due to circumstances beyond my control I couldn't find the right place for proper smoking. All in all I had a great time with blondie and I hope to see them again.
Been four days waiting for the gas company to come to the finca to inspect the lines so they can turn the gas back on. Only use gas for cooking but it's important. Also the owners should have already returned but not yet.
Tomorrow I'm going to a local legal outdoor cannabis facility. I've never heard of it and it's close to Paipa. I was asked to check the "quality" of both their CBD and THC flower and extracts. For free of course but with the intent of future monetary gain. I don't expect anything but a day checking out their operation and not being a critical asshole.
IMG_20240729_125155484_MFNR~2.jpg

I've also been redigging holes in the greenhouse for the October harvest and beyond. The fat leafed plants are a new cross of Fez and Mexican. They got a little yellow some I'm treating them before going to the greenhouse. Then I've got three JBM and several Kahuna to finish before Christmas. Busy as I can stand but happy with the precived future.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240803_063514512_MFNR~2.jpg

Beautiful morning here at finca cielo Azul. Crisp mountain air slowly warming with the rising sun. No idea when the owners will actually return but I suspect soon because they reconnected the satellite internet. For me the show goes on and I'm energetic and optometrist. Like most of us I have a loose cultivation schedule with a plan. I put five Fez hybrids in the finca last week that I hope will finish around October. Then the longer flowering Kahunas I hope to finish around the end of the year. At the same time trying to reproduce the three JBM plants. I don't want to start anything else until I have a clear understanding of what the finca owner wants to do. You know staying loose, flexible and able to pivot on the fly. So yeah the RS is pretty good 👍
IMG_20240728_095316324_MFNR~2.jpg

red rider

Oye primo, la palabra es "optimistic", le otra es para doctors de "oftalmología", ok?

Parece que tienes un contrato de arrendamiento muy flexible. ¿Has encontrado algo más? Si tienes que mudarte a la ciudad, pierdes lo que más valoras.
¡Cuacha!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240803_173657915_MFNR.jpg

The winds of August are upon us. Really high winds all day then calmed down as the sun started to set. Still a great day, got a lot accomplished. Hard to believe it's been two weeks since blondie was here and we went to see Lucho. It was a nice evening smoking Samora and drinking some dorado. Still haven't seen my buddy Camilo but he's called a few times. Thinking about washing a couple Rd plants once they're done. The last couple plants I've harvested were so small I didn't bother washing them. Got to be in the mood for hash making.
IMG-20240804-WA0002.jpeg

A little foggy earlier but burned off eventually. Brings back memories of the cloud forest around zipacon. Luckily it doesn't linger here like in zipacon.

red rider

sneezydog

I get a little optometrist myself. Gotta keep things flexible. By the way Grayeyes Rider doesnt use spanish much except for neccesitys, which i cant spell. Neccesities.
Heard its harvest season out there, our friend trimming hard. Im wishing he had a vacuum seal machine to make me a few cobs... :)

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah JC is harvesting a big legal grow at his finca outside Bogota. He's actually on icmag now and I'd love to get some input from him. I'm going out to see a licensed operation some time soon. It's funny there's like glitches in the matrix down here sometimes. People will make grand plans and then suspend them in time like it's normal.
IMG_20240804_110545559_MFNR~2.jpg

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20240804_100115055_MFNR~2.jpg

No idea what's going on with this Red Death plant. I've grown a few different Rd plants and never had one like this. Very strange flower morphology but very resinous and pungent.
IMG_20240804_100105018_MFNR~2.jpg

Seems very healthy and happy so we'll see what developers.
IMG_20240804_100040756_MFNR~2.jpg

Her sister on the other hand has a more traditional shape and much denser flowers.
IMG_20240804_100050429_MFNR~2.jpg

Every plant is slightly different which makes it always interesting.

red rider

RobFromTX

I totally identify with you friend.

You can never have enough seeds and varieties.

There is always some variety that we want to buy, try or create in search of that holy grail.
Unfortunately life is short and you never know when the last day will be...

We will leave here and we will have seeds left that we would have liked to try...

Very true my dude. Life is short and sativas take so damn long to flower 😅

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I had a somewhat interesting day today. We were invited to a local CBD cultivation finca close to my place. Some young growers got licensed and are mid way through flower on their first non pyscoactive crop.
IMG_20240806_103615681_MFNR.jpg

They valued my opinion and then I turned them on to the real deal RS and Djamba. They grow some kind of cookies hybrid but it was no match for the sativa with coffee in the morning. So I listened to them and tired to offer simple remedies without coming off as arrogant. The weed helped and we really enjoyed hanging with them. Before leaving I gave them a handful of fresh RS seeds,only because I'd feel better they're growing Colombian genetics.
Then we cruised over to another region close by with the name Sativa (I couldn't believe it) for some lunch and a good smoke.
IMG-20240806-WA0006~2.jpeg

The owner of the finca wanted to show us his property by walking it. I walked around for about an hour before heading back to the house. I politely told him I love his finca but I can't walk up and down all these mountains and it was cool. We burned some Muisca and then cruised on back to Paipa (15 minutos).

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got into the Hawaiian (#3) this morning with the first coffee of the day. This phenotype was harvested about five months ago and now is perfectly cured. Really nice hit and the taste is nothing less than spectacular. Went well with beautiful sunny morning.
IMG_20240805_090854168_MFNR~2.jpg

RD lower bud still putting out lots of new pistolate. The plant is still in the greenhouse with no indication of finishing. In my current opinion this variety is one of the strongest and best effect.
IMG_20240804_134040450_MFNR.jpg

It makes very gummy sticky crude dry sift that I simply love. Nice stuff to have around. My new friends at the CBD finca received a small sample reported back that it's top shelf despite being contaminated. I wrote them back saying they could make CBD hashish the same way or better. They know.
IMG_20240808_080340972_MFNR.jpg

I like variety and try to always have something new on the burner. This is a traditional hybrid (sativa x indica) that I'm interested in Red Fez (Fez x Mexi). I like to feel like I have some control of the near future. Anything less than forward thinking is remembering.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rained all night last night, nice light but constant. Sun is out now and everything is drying out. Nothing really exciting going on at the moment, vegging the Kahunas and JBM. The newly transplanted hybrids are adjusting to the greenhouse. Got a 50% m/f ratio and keeping a male for some controlled pollenization later.
IMG_20240809_091327085_MFNR~2.jpg

The lone JBM plant is slowly getting going. I grew this variety in Bogota 2016, I really liked it. It's not super strong but has a really nice tropical effect, I hope to bring that out here (Cielo Azul).
IMG_20240809_091245688_MFNR~2.jpg

The normal Rd coming along nicely with no end in sight. I do like this plant, it's raw power rivels my Malawi. It's potent and a good solid high that sticks with you.
IMG_20240809_091300771_MFNR~2.jpg

Still no word from the finca owner or when they'll return, I'm assuming they're do any day. The show goes on and I'm mixing soil for the Kahunas but suspending new germanation.
The gas company never showed up and no word if they will.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice flower power, did you grow it and how. Do you remember the taste,the hit was there anything interesting there?
In the seventies I had Hawaiian grown weed twice in very rare encounters. The Hawaiian genetics from SD really incredible stuff, very vigorous.
IMG_20240809_130820427_MFNR~2.jpg

Here's some of the cured Djamba for an afternoon smoke. It's pretty good, better in the morning but still nice with the afternoon coffee. Very different from the Hawaiian but it has its charms.
IMG_20240809_144314012_MFNR~2.jpg

Nice day for a trippy tropical sativa.

red rider

Latest posts

Latest posts