What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would like to add that while playing the host I feel it important to make sure the guest is thoroughly stoned in order to have the correct perspective of the experience.
IMG_20240719_075606949_MFNR~2.jpg

Kamora F3
It's a challenge I am confident I can fulfill.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lot's going on here at the moment. blondie seems to be recovering from his back injury. But I don't think walking all over the place is helping. So we went yesterday after a good session at the hotel to grab a quick bite in town before heading up to the finca. I don't like leaving my seedlings and veg plants in the tent for extended periods but it's not a big deal. So we check out the finca and burn a couple more bowls of assorted sativa. I checked the RS and it's still putting out fresh pistols so give her a few more weeks. Then we head back to Paipa because my wife wants to make a traditional Colombian dish for our guest to try. As the food 🥑 is being prepared we smoked a little more and I realize I need better smoking/vaping devices. For me as a solo smoker a little one hitter is ok but when you have someone else that you want to give a good representation of the flower it isn't. Having to constantly repack half burnt bowls dulls the experience. Also if I want to entertain foreign cannabis guests in the future I want better smoking locations. More garden settings better views, setting is very important. Also yesterday was the first day in my that I had a beer I didn't like. We went to a Cafe and I saw the local beer and blondie and I decided to try a couple. But neither one of us read the labels on the bottles. Apparently one of the beers was supposedly chocolate flavored and the other green something. I didn't taste the chocolate version but the one I had was horrible. Bitter with an odd cleaning fluid after taste that I couldn't believe was intentional. blondie noted that the beer got better after drinking more and I agree but not enough for either one of us to finish one. But all in all it was a great day and great plans for tomorrow when we take blondie to another fince to meet our friend and local sativa grower. I've got a bunch of RS seeds and Djamba flower for my Colombian grower and plan to sample his recent crops.
I'm collecting photos of blondies Colombian adventure which I'll try to put up soon.

red rider

kro-magnon

Veteran
I am born in the south of France close to Sarlat-la-canéda and Lascaux cave so it's very touristic place and I hope one day I'll be able to have a B&B with legally,locally grown cannabis for the guests because the soil here makes some very special cannabis like wine. So far it's still illegal to grow but we are one of the last country with so much prohibition in Europe, I don't know if I'll see the law change in my life.
I guess you can have this type of business in Colombia, you could have some great smoking spots when the landscape there is.And some great local buds as well. I'd like to go to a rural place in Colombia, the trouble is when there is enough tourism it is not a rural place anymore.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like a lot of things what I think it is is not what it is when reality sets in. I believe the "canna tourism" in Colombia is one. It's not easy coordinating ,organizing and logistics due to the ass backwards way things are done here. I could go in great detail but I won't. But I will say I don't believe it's worth the effort trying to start any type of business here. I'm good just doing my thing without over extending and wasting valuable time and energy. At this point in my life I'm more concerned with doing what I really want to do and not dreams are not thought through.
IMG_20201022_180126.jpg

It's humorous when think of some of the ideas I've had (the result of fine sativa no doubt) over the years.
IMG_20200416_100803.jpg

Looking at all the seeds I've accumulated and continue to make and once again I realize I'll never be able to grow them all. Yet I can't stop thinking about the next cross or repro I want to start next.
IMG-20211009-WA0062.jpeg

And still I believe there's more I want to do with the plant.
phone pics 2020 2021 1260.jpg

I'm living on an endless road
Around the world for rock n Roll
Sometimes it feels so tough
But I still ain't had enough
I keep saying that it's getting too much
But I know I'm a liar.

red rider

blondie

Good morning from beautiful Columbia. The rider knows hospitality about as well as he knows his sativas!!! Got taken to school yesterday by some of the better joints I’ve had in a long time. Good solid strong and clean high. Great day yesterday wandering aimlessly. We were thinking to check out a local farm, but it wasn’t in the cards. Instead our path was to check out a nearby town. Just went with it and enjoyed a great day of Red Rider company.

Not sure the path today but whatever it brings we’ll roll with it. Plan is another nearby town and an archeological museum. We’ll see what today’s path has in store.

Some pics from yesterday’s adventure coming soon.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Is there some Aztec or Maya vestiges in Colombia? I suck at geography and can't tell where those civilizations were exactly in south america.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cut the RS this morning, it wanted to keep going but it's done. Found a bit of bud rot and that's enough. It's full of mature seeds so mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.
So next I'll finish the two Red Death plants and prepare soil and holes for six Hybrids. New cross made earlier this year Fez (white rhino x NYCD) X Mexi (Michoacán x Oaxaca). This variety is intended to be for tinctures and extracts , psychoactive medical.
And right behind them is another new cross made this year, Kahuna (Muisca x Hawaiian). I'm looking for a nice tropical mix here that will crush it in the Colombian mountains.
Also hoping to get settled in a new location later this year where I can get into the new RS F2S.

red rider

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Looking at all the seeds I've accumulated and continue to make and once again I realize I'll never be able to grow them all. Yet I can't stop thinking about the next cross or repro I want to start next.
I totally identify with you friend.

You can never have enough seeds and varieties.

There is always some variety that we want to buy, try or create in search of that holy grail.
Unfortunately life is short and you never know when the last day will be...

We will leave here and we will have seeds left that we would have liked to try...

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't even like looking at my seed inventory when I'm updating it. Not mention finding new varieties that distract me from pre organized plans. I'm leaving my seed collection to my kids although neither one has any interest in cannabis (kids these days).
Second day at the finca waiting for the gas company to inspect the lines. They said they'd be here yesterday, then I had to rush up here from Paipa this morning and they didn't show.
So anyway I missed blondie leaving Paipa for Bogota this morning. I think they had a good time despite some hiccups.
IMG_20240725_174159041_MFNR.jpg

Nice having the days last coffee as the sunsets on a beautiful day. Goes well with a nice hybrid.

red rider

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The RS plant is drying nicely and although still growing I'm glad I havested.
IMG_20240726_084407655_MFNR~2.jpg

This particular phenotype is very much like the Punto Rojo but not exactly. I like the hit alot more, it's like I had to get use to it.
IMG_20240726_084432429_MFNR~2.jpg

These flowers are fully seeded and wet, but the flowers I picked last week are dry for smoking. I love the taste although I can't describe it other than "Colombian". The high is kinda heavy and sedating but clean, low tolerance.
IMG_20240726_084450834_MFNR~2.jpg

Beautiful stuff really.

red rider

kro-magnon

Veteran
When I was growing outdoor next to my uncle cows they would come each time I was defoliating and gladly eat the leaves from my hand, I learned them to drink with the garden hose as well, it was so funny watching using it like we would use a straw;

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lot's of cows around here in general, even in town. They're all dairy cows I believe and are pretty much tame. I'm pretty indifferent to them as long as they stay away from my plants.
I believe blondie is leaving Colombia today. I really got to hand it too him for being so tough. He was really suffering with lower disc pain yet never missed a beat. But was really nice meeting them and hanging out. However I feel blondie would have had a totally better experience without the pain and I hope he recovers quickly.
IMG_20240727_160232990_MFNR.jpg

Kahuna (Muisca x Hawaiian)
My experience with blondie's visit made me realize that I don't want to be involved in tourism here or anywhere else. Although I enjoyed very much meeting blondie and smoking with them, I did not like dealing with our locals. We worked extensively on finding interesting things and locations to see in our area. My wife working directly with the tourist coalition found all kinds of great stuff and it was supposed to be "cannabis friendly". As it turns out as we started to confirm these excursions prices changed and just no organization. I don't like telling someone something only to have to at the last minute that it's not possible. I don't like it so much that we aren't doing it anymore. It's more than embarrassing to have someone go through all the expense and trouble to come here only to find out plans change. Anyway blondie and co are always welcome at our house but my day of being a tour guide are over.
IMG_20240726_084505778_MFNR~3.jpg

Nanners! Not unexpected

red rider

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The RS plant is drying nicely and although still growing I'm glad I havested.
View attachment 19038524
This particular phenotype is very much like the Punto Rojo but not exactly. I like the hit alot more, it's like I had to get use to it.
View attachment 19038533
These flowers are fully seeded and wet, but the flowers I picked last week are dry for smoking. I love the taste although I can't describe it other than "Colombian". The high is kinda heavy and sedating but clean, low tolerance.
View attachment 19038534
Beautiful stuff really.

red rider
That looks really tasty (all the way from over here)

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything with Hawaiian in is going to be good. I think the Muisca is going to be a great cross with the Hawaiian. If all goes well I'll know around October.
IMG_20240729_074151310_MFNR~2.jpg

Starting the day with the beautiful Red Snake bx. Unlike the Hawaiian or Muisca this RS is very pyscodellic, it's trippy. It doesn't motivate like the Hawaiian or make me giggly like the Muisca. But it is uplifting in it's own particular way.

red rider

Latest posts

Latest posts