What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bigfoot - Legend Becomes Fact?

Dime

Attachments

• th-2725074334.jpg
    th-2725074334.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 20

Veritas629

fun site man!
i like to hike the back country and enjoy following animal trails and just seeing whats out there too
the sightings seem to be in the more populated part of the continent which makes sence, but why no sightings in tasmania?
do yowie/bigfoot even swim?
🤔

eta, so you cant buy a bong in woodenbong? can you buy bongs at all in aus?
i still say its the yowie roadside stands you want to buy from, mate
and be sure to try their pies!

I live in Tassie and reckon we have entirely too many feral Drop Bears here. They compete for prey with the Yowie and occasionally battle it out for territory. Between the two, I reckon they've eaten most the Hoop Snakes ...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
i hear the drop bear is the main reason why tasmanian people always carry an open umbrella over their heads when walking in the bush, plus its also effective against hoop snakes
just about the only thing it wont stop is the tasmanian devil, but we all know those are just myth

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
you are correct sir!
before there was steve irwin there was bugs!

"i want one of those Acme catalogs that Wile E. Coyote orders all of his neat shit from... :cool:"
youll shoot your eye out !

Veritas629

i hear the drop bear is the main reason why tasmanian people always carry an open umbrella over their heads when walking in the bush, plus its also effective against hoop snakes
just about the only thing it wont stop is the tasmanian devil, but we all know those are just myth

The Tassie Devil isn't so much a myth, as a local breed of Bunyip. Its one of the reasons I keep the D'Entrecasteaux Crocodiles in my pond. The local crocs deter the Tassie Devils from pestering my Thylacines (Thylacines are a good bio-control for thrips). Don't get me started on the bloody Razorback Wombats ....

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
The Tassie Devil isn't so much a myth, as a local breed of Bunyip. Its one of the reasons I keep the D'Entrecasteaux Crocodiles in my pond. The local crocs deter the Tassie Devils from pestering my Thylacines (Thylacines are a good bio-control for thrips). Don't get me started on the bloody Razorback Wombats ....
now you are just making up words and animals!
next you will tell me the bunyip lives in a billabong under the shade of a tree
whats next, giant rabbit jumping on their hind legs that carries it babies around in a pouch
or a duck billed /otter marsupial? that lays eggs and can swim

you aussies have it all

Last edited:

Veritas629

now you are just making up words and animals!
next you will tell me the bunyip lives in a billabong under the shade of a tree
whats next, giant rabbit jumping on their hind legs that carries it babies around in a pouch
or a duck billed /otter marsupial? that lays eggs and can swim

you aussies have it all

Giant rabbit wearing a bum bag? What's in this fantastical bag? Original Road Kill Skunk clones? Whatever. And a beaver with his tail on his face and poisonous claws? Tell'em he's dreaming!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Giant rabbit wearing a bum bag? What's in this fantastical bag? Original Road Kill Skunk clones? Whatever. And a beaver with his tail on his face and poisonous claws? Tell'em he's dreaming!
RIGHT!
anything wearing a bum bag is not something you want to mess with

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE MONTANA “INCIDENT”
BY MICHAEL MAYNOR
In 1893, a book was published titled The Wilderness Hunter, written by future president and avid sportsman Theodore Roosevelt. It told of his life and sporting adventures in the American West some eighteen years before becoming president. In the book, one story stands out among the others and it’s one that you might not expect to find in a book written by the future president.

The story was told to Roosevelt by a man named Bauman, who was referred to in the text as a “grizzled, weather-beaten old mountain hunter.” There are no other details about Bauman except that he was of German heritage and had lived all his life on the frontier. The old mountain man tells the future president that he and an unnamed partner had planned to trap beaver in a remote section of the Montana wilderness near the Wisdom River (now the Big Hole). Other hunters avoided the area after a trapper’s mutilated body was discovered sometime earlier by a group of miners passing by his camp.

Still, the two men were not to be deterred by the stories told of the area and ventured deep into the remote Montana backcountry. There they made a quick lean-to shelter, and with few hours of daylight left, made their way up the river to scout. They returned at dusk to discover their cover destroyed and their belongings scattered around the campsite. Thinking it was a bear, they cleaned up, and Bauman set about making supper. His partner left to investigate some tracks, and what he found could not have been made by a bear, but something that walked upright on two legs like a man; but no man could have left those prints.

Bain, G. G., photographer. (1885) Theodore Roosevelt in. , 1885. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress.
The trapper returned to camp and told his partner what he discovered. Bauman scoffed at his partner’s concerns, but the man was adamant about his findings. The hunters settled into sleep, but it would not be a restful night. Sometime before dawn, Bauman was awakened by the sound of breaking branches and a foul-smelling odor. He could see a big hulking shape looming in the distance and fired at it with his rifle, but whatever it was fled into the darkness. The two men built up the fire and sat up the rest of the night.

The next morning they stayed close together and worked their traps. Later, when they returned to camp, they again found the campsite destroyed. This time, the men built a more significant fire and agreed the next day to leave the area. In the morning, with the sun shining brightly, Bauman and his partner felt a bit foolish for letting their fears get the best of them, and while Bauman gathered the last of the traps, the other hunter returned to camp to make final preparations to leave. When Bauman finally returned, he was greeted by the horrific sight of his partner’s body laid out with a broken neck and bite marks to his throat. Bauman paused only briefly to survey the scene trying to make sense of what had happened, and then, taking only his rifle, he fled the camp, making it to where the horses had been tied.

Bauman makes no mention of what he thought the creature was, and Roosevelt does not call it a Bigfoot or a squatch in his book, but it has hallmarks of Bigfoot stories; the foul smell, large hulking body, and the classic large tracks. Bauman was an old man when he told this tale to Roosevelt, and it must have made an impression on him to be included in his book. What do you think Bauman encountered all those years ago in the vast Montana wilderness?

Latest posts

Latest posts