What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bigfoot - Legend Becomes Fact?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
i guess. i rember 15 years ago some dumb rednecks slauaghter a opuusum with oth animal parts and put them in cooler.true story. they got busted cause they charging money.dumb motherfukers.sorry but dumb is dumb.yes im very drunk.regardless
whats been happening hawk?
yeah there are hoaxes aplenty when it comes to bigfoot but still no real evidence
there are still road side museums out there and i heard of some guy in new mexico who runs some kind of ufo museum
it reminds me of those circus freak shows where folks would pay to see things like the fijian mermaid and human oddities

Last edited:

Veritas629

I'm not a big believer in Cryptids, but I sure do enjoy reading about them! For all those inspired to believe, get on Google and discover the Australian Big Foot, aka Yowie. Best of all, the area people often search for Yowie has a town named Woodenbong! A name just made for this group of believers ...

Yowie.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I'm not a big believer in Cryptids, but I sure do enjoy reading about them! For all those inspired to believe, get on Google and discover the Australian Big Foot, aka Yowie. Best of all, the area people often search for Yowie has a town named Woodenbong! A name just made for this group of believers ...

View attachment 19047431
thats awesome! it seems like all cultures have their own version of a "bigfoot" and it seems to feed into this collective mythos of stories
can i buy a wooden bong in the town of woodenbong?

Veritas629

thats awesome! it seems like all cultures have their own version of a "bigfoot" and it seems to feed into this collective mythos of stories

I've never been to Woodenbong, but when I do, I'll be buying ever piece of tourist merch available.

"My mate went to Woodenbong and all I got was this lousy glass bong"

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
I've never been to Woodenbong, but when I do, I'll be buying ever piece of tourist merch available.

"My mate went to Woodenbong and all I got was this lousy glass bong"
be sure to look for the yowie with the stand off the side of the road
/also see if he sells meat pies

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

the video doesnt appear
it must be a mystery animal you caught!

Vid works for me but its so dark and grainy you can barely make it out. still makes me shivver watching it.

Nm , i spent ages trying to cut the vid down to size.

It was in Devon in a field accross the side of a road, creatures made up of shadow, huge. 7ft i'd say with a smaller one.

Bigfoot i dunno, i only saw their torsos flying round a circle at an oblique angle and pacing back and forth. One of them was wearing a triangular hat.

Dunno wtf it was, local legend says it could have been one of many weird things or even the locals :D

• The Devon Knocker. This little creature was known to torment miners across Devon and is said to have stolen tools, unattended lunches and to appear just before a mine collapsed. ...
  • The hairy hands. ...
  • Devon's pixies.

I've told no one about this :biggrin:

igrowone

Veteran
Vid works for me but its so dark and grainy you can barely make it out. still makes me shivver watching it.

It was in Devon in a field accross the side of a road, creatures made up of shadow, huge. 7ft i'd say with a smaller one.

Bigfoot i dunno, i only saw their torsos flying round a circle at an oblique angle and pacing back and forth. One of them was wearing a triangular hat.

Dunno wtf it was, local legend says it could have been one of many weird things or even the locals :D

• The Devon Knocker. This little creature was known to torment miners across Devon and is said to have stolen tools, unattended lunches and to appear just before a mine collapsed. ...
  • The hairy hands. ...
  • Devon's pixies.

much thanks for an observation you've kept to yourself
this is where the high quality paranormal sightings come from, the reluctant reporters

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club

• The hairy hands. ...
  • Devon's pixies.

much thanks for an observation you've kept to yourself
this is where the high quality paranormal sightings come from, the reluctant reporters
were you able to see the video @igrowone , it sounds like it would be cool to watch
thats a crazy story and who knows what you saw
ive never heard of the devon knocker or the pixies but it sounds like you live in an area rich in folklore!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have actually been to Woodenbong (well, through), a few hours drive from where I live. Plenty of bonging there but I don't think you could buy one.

I've done a lot of hiking and never seen a yowie but they're everywhere over here apparently.

There's some neat yowie info on that site. :rasta:

Yowie Hunters Advice​

We understand the interest in trying to find the elusive Yowie but we strongly advise caution and safety when exploring regions and bushland which is unfamiliar. Yowie attacks are uncommon but bluff charges have been experienced by people walking in the bush. We believe the bluff charges reported are territorial behavior and not as a direct threat but there have been reports of very aggressive behavior causing the witnesses to flee the area. If you do encounter a Yowie we strongly advise not to run away at speed as this has been known to provoke a chase response. In many cases, once a Yowie is aware it has been seen they generally look to hide behind trees or bush and some reports mention them standing motionless so as not to draw further attention. The best action on locating a Yowie is to move away from the area while maintaining visual contact. Nighttime encounters have seen the Yowie shadow people as they walk through the bush. Stones being thrown and large tree branches being snapped have also preceded Yowie encounters. Aboriginal culture does report Yowie taking women and children and in America, the Yowie equivalent, Bigfoot, has been blamed for some bushwalkers' disappearances. So we can't stress enough the need to be extremely careful when searching for Yowie as they are large and unpredictable creatures. Some of the people that have left us Yowie sighting reports have been so overwhelmed with fear during and after the encounter that they have never ventured into the bush again. Some have sought psychological help to deal with their experience.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
fun site man!
i like to hike the back country and enjoy following animal trails and just seeing whats out there too
the sightings seem to be in the more populated part of the continent which makes sence, but why no sightings in tasmania?
do yowie/bigfoot even swim?
🤔

eta, so you cant buy a bong in woodenbong? can you buy bongs at all in aus?
i still say its the yowie roadside stands you want to buy from, mate
and be sure to try their pies!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts