What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bigfoot - Legend Becomes Fact?

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
in china they call them yeren some cool statues and a link with some stories
Yeren6-1024x591.jpg

decent rack on that one
eaf6abaa6a63bf8779703cab7357a23b.jpg

https://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-t...ting-facts-on-bigfoot-yeren-sighting-in-china

exoticrobotic

cool 1000yr old rock art from natives in tulare county cali called the hairy man View attachment 19057367

Nice rock art maybe done by the hairymen themselves.

interesting middle depiction showing levitation and swirling. There is a black one with eyes and a white one with no eyes and then a black one that has an outer white layer with no eyes indicating imo invisibility.

Really cool :smoker:

i'd much prefer to be in the mountains vs the swamps with all that hair.

:biggrin:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Nice rock art maybe done by the hairymen themselves.

interesting middle depiction showing levitation and swirling. There is a black one with eyes and a white one with no eyes and then a black one that has an outer white layer with no eyes indicating imo invisibility.

Really cool :smoker:

i'd much prefer to be in the mountains vs the swamps with all that hair.

:biggrin:
interesting about the invisibility part some in the bigfoot community say they can cloak which sounds about as crazy as the telepathy part. something weird back there reminds me of a hunter who seen something described outta the predator moving moving from tree to tree that same night football game in town crowd seen weird lights in sky

Chi13

ICMag Donor
cool 1000yr old rock art from natives in tulare county cali called the hairy man View attachment 19057367
Humans have great imagination. Figures of creatures that don't exist are pretty common, from fairy's, satyrs, Santa, angels, depictions of gods like shiva, ganesh etc. The human brain has been the same for millennia so I don't think rock art proves anything or not. Ancients had the same imagination as us, just less to draw from (excuse the pun).

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Humans have great imagination. Figures of creatures that don't exist are pretty common, from fairy's, satyrs, Santa, angels, depictions of gods like shiva, ganesh etc. The human brain has been the same for millennia so I don't think rock art proves anything or not. Ancients had the same imagination as us, just less to draw from (excuse the pun).
great points man!
a lot of these could just be cautionary tales for children or just things that go bump in the night
imagination has no bounds and people saw dots in the sky and made up stories from that

but the stories are still fun

Chi13

ICMag Donor
great points man!
a lot of these could just be cautionary tales for children or just things that go bump in the night
imagination has no bounds and people saw dots in the sky and made up stories from that

but the stories are still fun
Cautionary tale for children is a perfect example.

We have the aboriginal legend of a creature here called the bunyip. It lurked in waterways like billabongs. You can bet your life it was invented to keep young children away from water on their own. Unlike the yowie though you don't hear of any sightings these days. I guess it's harder to claim a creature that lives in a small waterway, than a hairy one that can roam at will.

Actually to throw another spanner in the works. Australian aboriginals inhabited the continent for 60,000 years when megafauna still roamed. Some of these creatures could be stories based in reality, just a reality that has long past. Megafauna have been extinct for 10,000 years here, but oral stories are passed on intact sometimes for centuries or thousands of years.

And yeah, the stories are fun, and I'd love one of these creatures to actually turn out to be real. Not holding my breath though.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club

We have the aboriginal legend of a creature here called the bunyip. It lurked in waterways like billabongs. You can bet your life it was invented to keep young children away from water on their own. Unlike the yowie though you don't hear of any sightings these days. I guess it's harder to claim a creature that lives in a small waterway, than a hairy one that can roam at will.

And yeah, the stories are fun, and I'd love one of these creatures to actually turn out to be real. Not holding my breath though.
check your bum! the tokoloshe is on the loose

and the bunyip was just a dream

Last edited:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
im not here to prove anything real to anyone just throwing things out there i find interesting. as i posted to you before not sure why yall keep coming back to thread if it dont interest you its like buying tickets to a band you dont like but why?if it to poke and pick fun or down someone that is not cool if thats your intention plz dont bother me and i wont you. have a good one

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club

Actually to throw another spanner in the works. Australian aboriginals inhabited the continent for 60,000 years when megafauna still roamed. Some of these creatures could be stories based in reality, just a reality that has long past. Megafauna have been extinct for 10,000 years here, but oral stories are passed on intact sometimes for centuries or thousands of years.

that is a great point about how some indigenous people who have been around for 10's of thousands of years are very likely to have seen varieties of animals that are extinct,so its no wonder their tales might seem fantastical to us people now
a lot of the stories were just children stories/ cautionary tales but many could be very well rooted in knowledge passed down over the generations
/i hear the coastal indians avoid the ocean at certain times of year for fear of giant fish, this timing happens to coincide with white shark migrations
im hoping there are undiscovered animals still out there, or ones thought to be extinct that still live someplace in the world
and i enjoy the stories and fun

Last edited:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
interesting war story is the giant of kandahar giant 02' northern afganistan mountains the orignal story was tall manlike figure redhair and smelled came running outta cave and 6 man group shot it and it got flown out. alotta bs videos on it today. another in kunar afghanistan 08 solder scanning with his thermal seen a large heat signature thought it was group of people until it stood estimated 10ft tall said the giant stride was slow and relaxed with a good speed

Chi13

ICMag Donor
im not here to prove anything real to anyone just throwing things out there i find interesting. as i posted to you before not sure why yall keep coming back to thread if it dont interest you its like buying tickets to a band you dont like but why?if it to poke and pick fun or down someone that is not cool if thats your intention plz dont bother me and i wont you. have a good one
Some of my posts are poking fun, but that one was not. I am skeptical but interested enough to come here and speculate about what people are actually seeing or think they see. Do you not think my points are valid?

Latest posts

Latest posts