What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bigfoot - Legend Becomes Fact?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
but also wouldent it drive the bigfoot deeper into the bush? most wild things tend to avoid human contact
"if" they are real, they probably have as good a sense of smell like a bear etc. being (probably) a hominid of sorts, probably nearly as intelligent as us as well. makes for a tough combination to see, in any case. good points, pop...(y)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
"if" they are real, they probably have as good a sense of smell like a bear etc. being (probably) a hominid of sorts, probably nearly as intelligent as us as well. makes for a tough combination to see, in any case. good points, pop...(y)
yeah man, and its a mighty big "IF" and we are presupposing a lot
but for the sake of the thread lets just say bigfoot is real
people see bears scavenging trash dumps all the time and here in so cal the racoon get into your garbage if you arent careful
why wouldent bigfoot scavenge trash dumps too? a family of bigfoot would need several thousand kcal/day just to survive
like what do they eat for the most part?

igrowone

Veteran
people see bears scavenging trash dumps all the time and here in so cal the racoon get into your garbage if you arent careful
why wouldent bigfoot scavenge trash dumps too? a family of bigfoot would need several thousand kcal/day just to survive
if it's a species of animal it is very hard to account for a reproducing population to exist with out being conspicuous
I personally don't think it's possible, it would leave a footprint that would be visible
bigfoot seems to be from a long history of similar observations
in Europe it's the wild man of the woods, on the Tibetan plateau the Yeti
in modern times this has been written off as superstition, hoaxing, misidentification ...
the observations continue, often by credible observers that are reluctant to come forward
whatever they are, they're not going away

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
if it's a species of animal it is very hard to account for a reproducing population to exist with out being conspicuous
I personally don't think it's possible, it would leave a footprint that would be visible
bigfoot seems to be from a long history of similar observations
in Europe it's the wild man of the woods, on the Tibetan plateau the Yeti
in modern times this has been written off as superstition, hoaxing, misidentification ...
the observations continue, often by credible observers that are reluctant to come forward
whatever they are, they're not going away
excellent post! and a breeding population,( which is what you would need ) would be quite a few so their impact would be felt
yes! its all part of folklore and every culture has its enduring myths
/vampires are just as common around the world as are wild wood people, here in socal/n.mex they have goat sucker monsters too! all fun and i like a good story
but i would like to believe that there is some strange creature undiscovered somewhere out there
it would most likely be in the water but ive heard stories from people who i would consider very credible (not just online but in person) about things they have experienced in the wild

CaptainDankness

that was just soom kook in the woods
a big foot would require a breeding population
Not if it's an alien race from outer space. It's the only logical explanation if Bigfoot is real, the government confirmed UFO'S even ancient pictures with UFOs hell the Hindu religion is based on God's coming down from the sky on a magic carpet, I say space ship. Lol

Yeah, Chewbacca might be real.

1000000968.png

CaptainDankness

What if they eat people? I mean lots of people go missing every year and anyone who gets close enough for a good picture is a snack on the mother ship. They would most likely eat other animals and scavenge berries too, but they damn sure ain't eating no trash, it's a highly advanced lifeform.

I mean, unless it is just thousands of people making up stories. Lol

igrowone

Veteran
bigfeet and UFOs, there are encounters that report both in the same locale
one of the more interesting speculations is the bigfeet are pets from the UFO allowed to run loose
if true then I'd love to see what the owners look like

armedoldhippy

Veteran
bears are way down the list on "situational awareness" unless in an area where they are hunted. THERE, they can be hard to spot if in a forested area, and there are hundreds of thousands of them. Squatch, if real, seems to be seriously holding on (barely) in really thick/steep/swampy areas, where human interactions would be few/far between if at all. (and possibly not reported for various reasons) i don't know anyone that has found a bobcat/bear/cougar carcass. maybe they dispose of their dead? :dunno: if a carcass is ever found, they'll be on the Endangered Species list by dark that day...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yes! its all part of folklore and every culture has its enduring myths
sometimes a "myth" turns out as real. Natve Americans/Aleuts etc were still telling stories about the "giants with long teeth" that came down in winter from up north when whites first went there. it is now believed they were repeating centuries old stories about wooly mammoths. many of the same tribes had stories about "wild men". they could have been talking about Squatch and/or Neandertals... or are they the same thing ?:unsure:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
sometimes a "myth" turns out as real. Natve Americans/Aleuts etc were still telling stories about the "giants with long teeth" that came down in winter from up north when whites first went there. it is now believed they were repeating centuries old stories about wooly mammoths. many of the same tribes had stories about "wild men". they could have been talking about Squatch and/or Neandertals... or are they the same thing ?:unsure:
totally man! these myths originated somewhere and i bet quite a few are based on stories that are told over the generations
from the wild man in the woods to the really big fish that lives in the sea, i think there is very likely a shred of truth in a lot of these stories

I mean, unless it is just thousands of people making up stories. Lol

right! its not like people do that
/spoiler alert: santa is not real!
but i like your angle of a killer bigfoot! how about if he/she/ it* , is high on cocaine found in the woods too!

*lets respect bigfoots right to choose

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

totally man! these myths originated somewhere and i bet quite a few are based on stories that are told over the generations
from the wild man in the woods to the really big fish that lives in the sea, i think there is very likely a shred of truth in a lot of these stories

right! its not like people do that
/spoiler alert: santa is not real!
but i like your angle of a killer bigfoot! how about if he/she/ it* , is high on cocaine he found in the woods too!

*lets respect bigfoots right to choose

You take that back!! Santa is real! Lol

The best is religion probably hundreds of them over time, only 1 can be right, although who knows. The Bible says to worship no other God but me, which would lead me to believe, there are other God's. Could be why no near death experience is the same or they're just having a wild dmt dream. Guess I'll figure it out when I get there.

But just like back in the day, we called people who seen UFO's and aliens crazy, turns out they didn't all make it up.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
again, where is the proof?
ufos have been a worldwide phenomenon for quite some time, but where is the proof that they exist?

religion is not about spirituality in most cases, its mans way to exercise control over the masses and to explain something beyond our grasp
i do believe in a higher power, but he dosent live in a sacred book or building, it just a part of the natural world

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
the evidence is thousands of years of observations that are quite similar
it's the interpretations that have have changed over time
how can such things persist without something(s) out there to initiate them?
hoaxing over the ages? misidentification?
our ancestors weren't fools, they may have had strong religious beliefs but were not so gullible
they knew when something was unusual or out of place
paranormal observations are profoundly disturbing to the new religion of science
I don't deny science its domain, it's very strong in its own place
but can it explain everything? maybe there's more to our universe than we think

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
the evidence is thousands of years of observations that are quite similar
it's the interpretations that have have changed over time
how can such things persist without something(s) out there to initiate them?
hoaxing over the ages? misidentification?
our ancestors weren't fools, they may have had strong religious beliefs but were not so gullible
they knew when something was unusual or out of place
paranormal observations are profoundly disturbing to the new religion of science
I don't deny science its domain, it's very strong in its own place
but can it explain everything? maybe there's more to our universe than we think
intelligent reply, thank you

but again, where is the proof
just like stories or witches or wild harry men running in the woods, i dont see any evidences that any of this exists in the real world
/dont get me started on ghosts, another thing i want to believe in
science has been around for hundred of years if not longer and has unlocked mysteries that would boggle our ancestors minds
/and thats just a 101 class
but i agree that we dont understand half of what is out there
partially because its beyond our grasp at this point and partially because there is no proof/ evidence to base any kind of real assumptions on

igrowone

Veteran
intelligent reply, thank you

but again, where is the proof
just like stories or witches or wild harry men running in the woods, i dont see any evidences that any of this exists in the real world
/dont get me started on ghosts, another thing i want to believe in
science has been around for hundred of years if not longer and has unlocked mysteries that would boggle our ancestors minds
/and thats just a 101 class
but i agree that we dont understand half of what is out there
partially because its beyond our grasp at this point and partially because there is no proof/ evidence to base any kind of real assumptions on
what I'm saying is that proof in the form of videos or dead cryptids may never exist
so does prove that such things can't be real as we understand real?
if you have an interest in quantum mechanics philosophy(sorry had to bring it up), you may find what 'real' is is a bit odd
so it may be bigfeet may never be proven real in the scientific sense
and yet they may have a reality all their own, it's the essence of paradox

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
there is ample proof of atomic/subatomic matter
its not like some 7ft tall wookie running around in the woods knocking on trees or flying saucers just hanging out in the skies doing...???

but why do i still choose to believe in absence of evidence? because i want to believe
this would be one of these black swan events where its not real until it happens, but it could happen tomorrow for all we know, and then it becomes real
i still enjoy the stories and folklore surround all these experiences and am digging the good conversation !

Last edited: