What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

JUST A COUPLE MORE PICS...HOPE U ENJOY....LET ME KNOW IF YOU SEE ANYTHING I NEED...ONE OF THE PICS LOOK LIKE THE HAIRS ARE BURNT, BUT ACTUALLUY THATS JUST THE HAIRS TRUNIN COLOR...HOPE U ENJOY...

chosen said:
It's just amazing the results that you pull. Would it be too much to ask you for..
Your room temp range
humidity
and do you run co2?
Thx Chose

-At night 18 -20 degrees during daytime about 27 ,depending on the wether outside.
-humidity about 50 %
-Didn't use any extra CO2 , but i have a good ventilation system

milkman0923 said:
ATMOSPHERE WHAT STRAIN IS THAT AND HOW MANY WATTS YOU USING? IM SURE THIS IS STATED SOMEWHERE IN HERE BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIND IT...I WANT ME NEXT ROOM TO LOOK LIKE THAT....LOL...HOW MANY PLANTS ARE IN THERE? AND YOU SAID BEFORE THAT YOU GROW IN A BED CORRECT? WHAT TYPE OF SOIL DO YOU USE? MY NEXT GROW I WANTED TO DO A 3X3 BED GROW AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS? NEVER GROWN IN BEDS BEFORE SO ANY TIPS WOULD HELP...NICE WORK..

Blue Top ,and lucky Queen 600 watts , I have 18 plants on 0,88 square meter
The soil is my own mix , containing 25 % of natural clay , cocos 35 %, 5 % compost , and the rest standard pot-soil.
What do you exectly mean with a "bed" ??

LIKE A GROW BED....A 3 X 3 AREA FILLED WITH SOIL AND ALL PLANTS PLANTED IN THE BED, LIKE growdoc...OR IS EACH PLANT IN ITS OWN CONTAINER? WOW MY LADIES ARE REALLY STARTING TO FATTEN UP, I'M THINKIN THEY SHOULD BE DONE SOMETIME AROUND THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. WILL UPDATE PICS LATER. ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF I SWITCH TO 10 /14 HRS OF LIGHT FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS WILL THAT DO ANYTHING? I HEARD THAT 10 /14 IS GOOD IN FLOWERING?

Last edited:

Smoke68

Hey 12/12 pros... got a question... I have 12" vertical space of actual plant grow room in my micro box. I can take out my 4" hanger if need be. But what strains are a good suggestions for my given parameters? I was thinking along the lines of Mandala seeds personally.

H

Hal

Hey Smoke68...

Can't speak to the Mandala beans, unfortunately, but I can tell you I grew out 4 Nirvana Northern Lights on my first grow and had one plant stop growing upwards at 12" of height, and had another stop at 16". The 12" yielded just under one ounce dried...the plant was one huge cola. I know that a grower named Haggis123 had a Nirvana AK48 plant that was quite short, about 14" or so, and he got about an ounce from that as well.

If you only have 12" (or 16" with the hanger removed), you are going to have a tough time getting a plant to fit in that space going from seed. I would plan on doing some LST, and you still might need to trim a bit near the top. I think using clones with 12/12 from the start can result in very small plants, but I have never heard of anyone getting any decent yields using clones and `12/12 from the get-go.

It will be a bit of an experiment....but it will definitely be interesting.

Clones need some veg time after they are put in soil because they have poor roots. They can not handle full light either in the first week.

You can also try a K2 witch is famous for staying short .

Mr_Micro

Hey Smoke68!

So you've got 12" of vertical space, want to go 12/12 from seed, and need advice on a good strain for your purposes...

Personally, I'd say pretty much any strain your heart desires as long as it's not a pure sativa! Even a 50-70% sativa strain like Skunk #1 can easily be grown 12/12 from seed in your situation as long as you either LST it like crazy or take the easier route and ScrOG it.

So I'd say pick whatever strain you want, plunk those beans in the growing medium of your choice, and give it a go! Hopefully your using either CFLs or floro tubes though, because in that kinda space you'll need some kind of lighting that will allow you to get your plants almost touching the bulb without burning.

And lastly, to shamelessly pimp my current grow, check out "The Nanomachine" link in my signature. It's a 12/12 from seed micro grow in only 7" (yes, seven inches!) of vertical grow space!

So yeah, pick any beans you want, use a good training technique like ScrOG or heavy LST'ing, and use a lighting system that will emit very little heat and allow you to get your plants fractions of an inch from the light without burning. Yup, that should about do it :smoke:

Inmate#420

:jawdrop: Awesome job guys! I read the whole thread and have learned alot.
I may give this method a go in the near future. Hopefully I'll be able to share the results here with you guys. sugoi:respect:

stealthballer

I got two pretty much full on sativas finally flowering after about a month and a half of 12/12 from seed. Good god these things are still gonna take forever.

Smoke68

WHY???

WHY???

Why is 10/14 any better than 12/12... In theory, it seems that it would make the plant yeild less as light=energy for them... on the other hand light does decrease THC... :chin: :chin: :chin: Can somebody point this out to me please?

Mr_Micro

stealthballer said:
most everything on earth grows when it sleeps, dark=sleep.

Hmm... I'm not quite sure I'd put it that way, but understand your point. I think I'd say "everything on earth ages when it sleeps".
Your plants will grow in the light and age in the dark... it does not increase in size or weight when it sleeps, so it's not actually "growing" in the dark, but it is aging. The more darkness the plant has the faster it will age and rush twords the end of it's life.

Thus the reason 10/14 plants will finish faster but weigh less than 12/12 plants. It merely rushes twords the end of it's life faster and in turn does not put on as much weight as it would have if allowed to age more slowly and grow more before the end of it's life cycle.

H

Hal

Beg to differ, Mr. Micro....

I've gone to bed toooooooo many times, with the tops of my plants 2" from the bulb (CFL), only to wake up and find the top of the plant pushing up against the bulb. My experience tells me that the plants do most of their growing in the dark.

On a different note, a most incredible micro grow you have going there in your nanomachine. I cant' wait to see how she turns out.

Smoke68

Atmosphere, L33T, :bow: Teach me of your ways!!! Atmos. I really like the new pics of your Lucky queen, they look oh-so-potent :yummy: All of your plants have a very high flower to leaf ratio, do you pick strains based on this, or do you just get lucky with phenotypes?
In response to stealthballer and Mr. Micro, if light is what packs weight back on, why not try to throw the girls into 14on/10off for the last few weeks, or 13/11? I wouldnt think this would reveg the plants, but merely work on producing a larger size of flower.