What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

l33t

Veteran
smoke68: print my image and take it to your hydroshop ... ;)

I use 10/14 to finish my plants faster . There is no decrease in THC with that light regime , I can assure you. I dont think I would ever start plants under 12/12 under 70w hps... unless its a mostly sativa strain . You will only get 20-30 grams at max and the buds will be of lesser quality if you veged them . Veg your plants to maximize your yield . As atmo says ... Starting on 12/12 there is no time to make mistakes. You have to have excellent vigour growth ... this means very good soil .. very good ferts .. advanced growing techniques ... and as much light you can put on your girls . I hope you have atleast 60-70% sativa genetics in your seeds .. then your yields will be ok , but if they are indica dominant they will not yield good if they are under 70w hps .

hope that makes sense :)

have fun!

Thanks guys for answering my questions, you guys are the best!
Im on it right away. All these photos are top class guys,...especially for 12/12.
Im glad i asked here first.

many thanks.

Smoke68

l33t, in reply to your constructional criticisms, I am sorry to say that they are predominately indica... However on the good side of things... as for soil and nutes, I am using a DWC hydro setup, with the lights I have, I run 72w/ft2, 22 above "optimal", and only run 3-5 degrees above ambient room temp. I have been utiziling Canna Aqua Vega/Flores, Rhizotonic, and about to introduce PK13/14 too. The plants are thriving.. even after several mistakes such as the lights burning plants when I had to go on vacation for family reunion. One is about 5.5 inches tall and allready has seven growing tips all about 1-2 inches, another is a little slower, but coming along and my last plant, which was chopped last night after seeing balls :wallbash:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
any1 who thinks this doesnt work should see heath robinsons work....... if the name i just said doesnt show its due to censorship(unfair too)
right now hes running a vertical system 12/12 fom seed to grow out large amounts of pips, pick the best and re-veg for mothering.... a great idea i think
Rock on Hal
Daaaaiiiseeee Daaaaaaiiiiiiiiseeeeeeeee

HERE ARE SOME MORE PICS FROM THE OTHER DAY WHEN LIGHTS WENT OFF...IT STARTED THESE ON 12/12 ON APRIL 26TH. SO TODAY IS DAY 41 OF 12/12 ALL SHOWED SEX ABOUT 14-17 DAYS LATER...NOT SURE HOW MUCH LONGER I HAVE TO GO...I WAS GONNA GIVE THEM ABOUT 50-55 DAYS AND SEE WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE. I DONT START COUNTIN TILL THEY SHOWED SEX CORRECT? IM THINK MAYBE 3 WEEKS...IF SOMEONE KNOW, PLEASE HELP...GROWING BOGS BOGGLEGUM AND SOME FREE MYSTERY SEEDS...

H

Hal

Hey Milkman...

Nice buddage!

Check out this website:

http://www.cannabishq.com/strains.html

It says Bogglegum only needs 40 to 44 days of flower to finish. Not sure if that is accurate, that would be real quick. As I'm sure you are aware, the trichome development is the best and most certain way to tell that you are harvesting at the correct time.

Do you have one of those little Radioshack hand-held microscopes (magnification from 60x to 100x) to view the trich's? If not, you should definitely get one.

The only way you will be able to harvest the mystery bagseed with any hope of getting the harvest day right is by looking at the trich development.

Mr_Micro

I too have had great success with the 12/12 from seed method! :smoke:

My last grow was the first time I ever tried 12/12 from seed and I gotta say I was extremely impressed with the results. It was a micro grow done inside a computer case with 2 plants (one DJ Short's True Blueberry, one Sensi Seeds Skunk #1) in a SWC hydro tub. Lighting was supplied by a 50 watt HPS and a 42 watt 2700k CFL and the nutrients were PBP Bloom, Cal-Mag Plus, and a little Hydroguard. I also used a simple Nutrafin Co2 generator which hopefully boosted the buds a bit.

The yield from the two 12/12 from seed plants (heavily LST'd) in about 1.5 square feet of space was 1.23 ounces, so I'm pretty darn pleased with the results. 21 grams from the True Blueberry and 14 grams from the Skunk #1 :smoke:

Here's some highlights from the grow show, for the full show start to finish check out the "Dual PC Case Hydro HPS/CFL Grow" link in my signature...

I call it a Sea Of White , not a sea of green because they have such few leaves . It not so hard to see that this is one hell of an efficient way to squeeze large yields out of the available space.

Last edited:

chosen

Veteran
It's just amazing the results that you pull. Would it be too much to ask you for..
Your room temp range
humidity
and do you run co2?
Thx Chose

ATMOSPHERE WHAT STRAIN IS THAT AND HOW MANY WATTS YOU USING? IM SURE THIS IS STATED SOMEWHERE IN HERE BUT I CANT SEEM TO FIND IT...I WANT ME NEXT ROOM TO LOOK LIKE THAT....LOL...HOW MANY PLANTS ARE IN THERE? AND YOU SAID BEFORE THAT YOU GROW IN A BED CORRECT? WHAT TYPE OF SOIL DO YOU USE? MY NEXT GROW I WANTED TO DO A 3X3 BED GROW AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS? NEVER GROWN IN BEDS BEFORE SO ANY TIPS WOULD HELP...NICE WORK..

got a light

im going to put my maroc x grapefruit 12/12 from seed under a hps
now of to finish reading this thread :joint:

Last edited: