What's new

Full room reset. Current Culture RDWC. GG4 clone only, what did you expect from me?

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. End week 4, day 28 update time.
So overall things look good. They are for sure to tall and I have been tying down tops daily. My light is already maxed for height so that's that. Bud sites are set nicely and frosting up and gaining size.
So as far as leaf health goes we are seeing some small issues starting...Leaf edge browning and the tip burn. Same issues as every time coming on at the exact same times to. Week 4-5. Leaves look a little less green than last run. I am liking that part. Feel like I am going to have to bump up the K still a bit more with this weeks mix.
Some pics. I only have the 1 angle so its hard for very much variation in pics. Wish I could get at them 360 degrees.
IMG_8973 - Copy.JPG

Some bud sites.
IMG_8985 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8986 - Copy.JPG

Some leaves I pulled. Take a close look at the edges.
IMG_8977 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8978 - Copy.JPG

Here are my control leaves. This one is hurting. Original fan leaf from veg. In front and in the light a bit.
IMG_8989 - Copy.JPG

Second one is better. Under the canopy almost no light. Original fan leaf from veg.
IMG_8991 - Copy.JPG

Overall happy but still need to figure out my issues. I will up k with Saturdays water change. Keep that N low.
Pretty tired tonight. Got done moving 22 yards or so of dirt by hand with a shovel...Been taking me weeks to do. Some every couple days or so.
Have a good day all.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

PadawanWarrior

Hi all. End week 4, day 28 update time.
So overall things look good. They are for sure to tall and I have been tying down tops daily. My light is already maxed for height so that's that. Bud sites are set nicely and frosting up and gaining size.
So as far as leaf health goes we are seeing some small issues starting...Leaf edge browning and the tip burn. Same issues as every time coming on at the exact same times to. Week 4-5. Leaves look a little less green than last run. I am liking that part. Feel like I am going to have to bump up the K still a bit more with this weeks mix.
Some pics. I only have the 1 angle so its hard for very much variation in pics. Wish I could get at them 360 degrees.
View attachment 19024792
Some bud sites.
View attachment 19024794
View attachment 19024795
Some leaves I pulled. Take a close look at the edges.
View attachment 19024796
View attachment 19024797
Here are my control leaves. This one is hurting. Original fan leaf from veg. In front and in the light a bit.
View attachment 19024798
Second one is better. Under the canopy almost no light. Original fan leaf from veg.
View attachment 19024799
Overall happy but still need to figure out my issues. I will up k with Saturdays water change. Keep that N low.
Pretty tired tonight. Got done moving 22 yards or so of dirt by hand with a shovel...Been taking me weeks to do. Some every couple days or so.
Have a good day all.
Peace, negative.
Make sure what looks like K deficiency really is a deficiency and not an overdose. I'm not sure how much you're giving. I have a little edge burning on one of my GG4s that I gave a bunch of langbeinite to. It pretty much has to be K overdose. It's not going to hurt the harvest since I caught it right away. Thought I'd mention it since we were talking about K deficiency.

Your plants are looking nice.

Attachments

• WIN_20240628_18_11_19_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240628_18_11_19_Pro.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 13

negative37dBA

Veteran
Make sure what looks like K deficiency really is a deficiency and not an overdose. I'm not sure how much you're giving. I have a little edge burning on one of my GG4s that I gave a bunch of langbeinite to. It pretty much has to be K overdose. It's not going to hurt the harvest since I caught it right away. Thought I'd mention it since we were talking about K deficiency.

Your plants are looking nice.
Thanks for the comments and advice PadawanWarrior. I feel like it is a def so I will use a similar amount as last time. I do not want to go to high with it.
Changing out water tonight and here is the mix for week 5.
hydrobuddy wk 5 1 - Copy.png

Here is what I am using and the grams per gallon.
hydrobuddy week 5.2 - Copy.png

I am loving Hydrobuddy. Hopefully this week brings good things to the grow.
Been working outside like a madman on my place. I have about 5 projects that I want to get done by summers end. If any of you have followed me in the past I was hurt with a torn inguinal ligament 3 years ago almost now. I was basically not able to do anything but live....no joke. So growing was a HUGE issue for me. Had to take several runs off to heal. It has taken me so long to get better on my own but I am getting there.
I have went from being able to do nothing to being able to move dirt(lots) build stuff, lift things, grow again, take care of my house and dogs. I am almost back to 100 percent with no surgery. The only thing I have to watch out for is lifting too much. Still getting back to that kind of strength. I was able to put in like 20 T posts today with a sledge hammer...what a nice improvement for me. :whee:
Hope you all have a great weekend. I am drinking on a awesome blueberry/cherry shake, homemade of course!!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Seeing more of the leaf edge browning/dying on the fans. I do not know if def or tox. I think def but I really cant be sure. I think what I am giving them is correct so it is hard to decide which it is. Should I up my Ca and Mg levels? This is my main issue every run....same leaf edge browning. I have went super low nutes for a whole run in the past and it was worse. I will ride out this week keeping levels the same then see what it looks like at start of week 6. Frustrating when most all else is seemingly on point.
Day 31.
IMG_9000 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9001 - Copy.JPG

Open to thoughts and ideas. Thanks. I see some spotting here and there now to.....
They are starting to frost up pretty well and the smell is coming on more and more...woot.
Have a sweet day all. I am back to fence building today.
Peace, negative.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
How is your ph drifting?
To me it looks like K overfert..

And using only bloom and calcium nitrate, kinda would explain it, as bad NPK ratios are to be expected.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Are you saying that what I have chosen for a mix is a bad NPK?? Not sure how that can be as several quality growers use and recommend it...
Ph is stable at 5.8
Peace, negative.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well, I am calling what I see there, leaves a bit too dark, and burned edges. Not saying it's for sure that, but there is high chance. Keep in mind plants might consume what they need and leave too much of the others in there, which can cause problems. The ratios are way more important than the quantities..

PadawanWarrior

Hi all. Seeing more of the leaf edge browning/dying on the fans. I do not know if def or tox. I think def but I really cant be sure. I think what I am giving them is correct so it is hard to decide which it is. Should I up my Ca and Mg levels? This is my main issue every run....same leaf edge browning. I have went super low nutes for a whole run in the past and it was worse. I will ride out this week keeping levels the same then see what it looks like at start of week 6. Frustrating when most all else is seemingly on point.
Day 31.
View attachment 19026057
View attachment 19026058
Open to thoughts and ideas. Thanks. I see some spotting here and there now to.....
They are starting to frost up pretty well and the smell is coming on more and more...woot.
Have a sweet day all. I am back to fence building today.
Peace, negative.
I'm no expert by any means but I'd have to agree with @exploziv that it looks like K toxicity vs deficiency. Because of the dark leaves with burnt edges like he said. It looks similar to the K toxicity I experienced for the first time on that plant I showed you earlier. That's just my guess though.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I appreciate the input. I just am scratching my head again. I had the exact same thing happen even worse when I fed them WAAAY less. My EC now is 1.2, I fed them at .7 and .5 a run or 2 ago and they still looked like that. Sometimes feel like I am chasing my tail...
Thanks for the thoughts...not really sure what to do. I guess dump the water and do another change tonight with even less K
Peace, negative.

Rocket Soul

I like everything about this, diy, grow style and pics. On your K conundrum: im not sure since im not in charge of that side of things in our grow but i do believe theres some relationship between Ca and K; is that too much Ca causes K lockout? Cant quite remember but if youre high on Ca but showing low K it may be this happening.
Youre VPD parameters should have that plant drinking massively so dont be surprised if normal nute regimes get messy.
Ill follow along til harvest. Also could you link any other growlogs youre running if multiple spaces?

negative37dBA

Veteran
I like everything about this, diy, grow style and pics. On your K conundrum: im not sure since im not in charge of that side of things in our grow but i do believe theres some relationship between Ca and K; is that too much Ca causes K lockout? Cant quite remember but if youre high on Ca but showing low K it may be this happening.
Youre VPD parameters should have that plant drinking massively so dont be surprised if normal nute regimes get messy.
Ill follow along til harvest. Also could you link any other growlogs youre running if multiple spaces?
Thanks for the kind words sir....much appreciated. I do not have any other spaces or logs going. Just the 1, 4x5 closet. I have many links in my signature of previous grow diaries and projects tho.

I am keeping Ca fairly low. 107 PPM of Ca in a mix with a total EC of 1.4. I have it all broken down there in the Hydrobuddy charts. Lowered those numbers last night by about another 20 percent or so to help if indeed it is a tox. It is not that bad yet but I really want to get it figured out this run what's up.

They are booming! Had to tie down lots of tops to keep them outta the light. Also had to turn my light down again as some tops were seeing 1300 PPFD. They are so close and I have had to turn the light down so far the lowers are only seeing like 550 or so PPFD. Dang these leggy bitches...lol. No more height with the way my filter sits at the roof of the room so we deal with it...They are frosting up nicely and smells are hitting much harder when door is opened.

Day 32 of flower. GG4 clone only. Under LED in RDWC.

IMG_9003 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9004 - Copy.JPG

IMG_9005 - Copy.JPG

Have a sweet day all. Heading out to build more fence. By the time I am done with the 30 or so 4x4 posts I have to put in my shirt is not going to fit I will be so ripped! It is a good workout.
Peace, negative.

PadawanWarrior

Ca,Mg, and K all are antagonistic towards each other. So too much of any one locks out the others.

Thanks for the kind words sir....much appreciated. I do not have any other spaces or logs going. Just the 1, 4x5 closet. I have many links in my signature of previous grow diaries and projects tho.

I am keeping Ca fairly low. 107 PPM of Ca in a mix with a total EC of 1.4. I have it all broken down there in the Hydrobuddy charts. Lowered those numbers last night by about another 20 percent or so to help if indeed it is a tox. It is not that bad yet but I really want to get it figured out this run what's up.

They are booming! Had to tie down lots of tops to keep them outta the light. Also had to turn my light down again as some tops were seeing 1300 PPFD. They are so close and I have had to turn the light down so far the lowers are only seeing like 550 or so PPFD. Dang these leggy bitches...lol. No more height with the way my filter sits at the roof of the room so we deal with it...They are frosting up nicely and smells are hitting much harder when door is opened.

Day 32 of flower. GG4 clone only. Under LED in RDWC.

View attachment 19026500
View attachment 19026501
View attachment 19026502
Have a sweet day all. Heading out to build more fence. By the time I am done with the 30 or so 4x4 posts I have to put in my shirt is not going to fit I will be so ripped! It is a good workout.
Peace, negative.
Since you're running low Ca you'll need to run lower K as well. If you run higher Ca you can run higher K.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
107 ppm Ca out of a 1.4 EC recipe doesn't sound low to me. But i mostly used hydrobuddy for soil and coco before, so not sure if hydro takes more. That being said, 107ppm is almost 50% more compared to what I would expect, since coco is close to hydro as a growing media. You sure you put in the recipe you got from others exactly as you received it into hydrobuddy? I swear i searched all the forum and online for recipes before I started using hydrobuddy, none asked for that much Ca and K. Maybe you should do a recheck to be sure you are going after a true and tested recipe. Lots of stuff can change at the press of a button, with hydrobuddy. And mistakes can happen since you started using it recently.
Hope you manage to figure it out!
If you can post what you based your hydrobuddy recipe on, I can check if what you ended up is the same.

negative37dBA

Veteran
107 ppm Ca out of a 1.4 EC recipe doesn't sound low to me. But i mostly used hydrobuddy for soil and coco before, so not sure if hydro takes more. That being said, 107ppm is almost 50% more compared to what I would expect, since coco is close to hydro as a growing media. You sure you put in the recipe you got from others exactly as you received it into hydrobuddy? I swear i searched all the forum and online for recipes before I started using hydrobuddy, none asked for that much Ca and K. Maybe you should do a recheck to be sure you are going after a true and tested recipe. Lots of stuff can change at the press of a button, with hydrobuddy. And mistakes can happen since you started using it recently.
Hope you manage to figure it out!
If you can post what you based your hydrobuddy recipe on, I can check if what you ended up is the same.
Thanks for the input. I am not sure where you are getting that 107 is 2x times to high. Jacks 321 regular mix puts Ca at 114 ppm. I am below that. I am basing my levels upon Greengenes exact recommendations. He built many lights(led) and is a master at raw salt ferts. Nearly EVERY major manufacturer of salt based ferts Ca levels are that high....or higher at reg doses. Athena, Jacks, Masterblend, Vegbloom...etc.

Again going off his exact numbers in his masterblend video on the 0-12-24. He has grown many crops under my exact light and they come out perfect.

Not bashing on your info I just dont know how I am getting it so wrong when everything I see tells me this is how to do it.
Thanks, negative.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I checked the video and your numbers are close to what he recomends. Now, I can't explain why you are getting the burned edges, if you say his results are great.
And I checked the last recipe I used for flower in coco, too, NPK & Ca is within 20% off from your numbers (more N, less P & K & Ca in my case). So it should work as it is, the variation is probably because you are trying for less N and that changes the ratios a bit. I do remember coco or the leds asking for more Ca, i had to take the recipe recomandations I found online and had to up that a few times to get there where no calcium problems. But yeah the 50% variation was me remembering wrong. (150 % is 1.5 times, not double, but that doesnt matter now.)
Don't worry, I wasn't trying to say your numbers are wrong either, just trying to figure out why it isn't working for you and to learn why you are pushing the Ca and K more. And kind of wated to make sure what you input there is what you wanted to replicate.
Now that I seen your numbers are close to what greengenes recomends, and not too far off from what I used before, I am really bummed about why you are having problems.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I checked the video and your numbers are close to what he recomends. Now, I can't explain why you are getting the burned edges, if you say his results are great.
And I checked the last recipe I used for flower in coco, too, NPK & Ca is within 20% off from your numbers (more N, less P & K & Ca in my case). So it should work as it is, the variation is probably because you are trying for less N and that changes the ratios a bit. I do remember coco or the leds asking for more Ca, i had to take the recipe recomandations I found online and had to up that a few times to get there where no calcium problems. But yeah the 50% variation was me remembering wrong. (150 % is 1.5 times, not double, but that doesnt matter now.)
Don't worry, I wasn't trying to say your numbers are wrong either, just trying to figure out why it isn't working for you and to learn why you are pushing the Ca and K more. And kind of wated to make sure what you input there is what you wanted to replicate.
Now that I seen your numbers are close to what greengenes recomends, and not too far off from what I used before, I am really bummed about why you are having problems.
I really appreciate the effort and the back and forth. I have kind of avoided that in my diaries in the past somewhat. I had kind of convinced myself I was a better grower and did not need advice...lol. I am taking the humble seat and asking for advice. It is helping to getting me thinking a lot more about the nutrients and there affects on one another.

We will see where this week gets us and evaluate on Friday what things are looking like. Growing is a ever learning hobby, at least it has been for me and that is a good thing.
Thanks for all the advice guys, have a great week. I only have 17 more 4x4 fence post to put in....uggg.
Peace, negative.

PadawanWarrior

Thanks for the comments and advice PadawanWarrior. I feel like it is a def so I will use a similar amount as last time. I do not want to go to high with it.
Changing out water tonight and here is the mix for week 5.
View attachment 19025272
Here is what I am using and the grams per gallon.
View attachment 19025273
I am loving Hydrobuddy. Hopefully this week brings good things to the grow.
Been working outside like a madman on my place. I have about 5 projects that I want to get done by summers end. If any of you have followed me in the past I was hurt with a torn inguinal ligament 3 years ago almost now. I was basically not able to do anything but live....no joke. So growing was a HUGE issue for me. Had to take several runs off to heal. It has taken me so long to get better on my own but I am getting there.
I have went from being able to do nothing to being able to move dirt(lots) build stuff, lift things, grow again, take care of my house and dogs. I am almost back to 100 percent with no surgery. The only thing I have to watch out for is lifting too much. Still getting back to that kind of strength. I was able to put in like 20 T posts today with a sledge hammer...what a nice improvement for me. :whee:
Hope you all have a great weekend. I am drinking on a awesome blueberry/cherry shake, homemade of course!!
Peace, negative.
I just looked at your numbers. If those numbers are correct you have way too much K. It says you have 200 ppm K and 100 ppm Ca. You should have 1/8 the K. You want a 4:1 Ca to K ratio. If your Ca is 100ppm you should have 25 ppm K.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I just looked at your numbers. If those numbers are correct you have way too much K. It says you have 200 ppm K and 100 ppm Ca. You should have 1/8 the K. You want a 4:1 Ca to K ratio. If your Ca is 100ppm you should have 25 ppm K.
Ok I have never heard that before....more learning. I am wondering how these guys pull off all these fantastic grows using these exact numbers I did then...documenting every week nute levels and the makeup in detail...they are all wrong too?? I swear the more I dive into this the more complicated and opposing opinions I get...I do appreciate it tho. Keeps me thinking.
Thanks again. Peace, negative.