What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

VERY NICE....WELL I THINK IM GONNA GO AHEAD AND GIVE THE ONE THAT HAS SOME AMBER TRICHS IN IT A COUPLE DAYS THEN CUT HER BACK...WILL POST PICS AND WEIGHT...GROW REPORT TO COME LATER...THANKS FOR THE MOTIVATION..

H

Hal

Another piece of info regarding the best time to harvest: somebody suggested that the trichome development continues to advance even after the plant gets chopped, but only for a few days. I'm not certain that this is correct info, only heard it once here on IC, but it does seem like it would be possible. Probably need a horticulturalist or botanist to confirm or deny this tidbit.

Hal said:
Well, I just jarred my Fruitbowl after a 3 day drying period. That seems on the quick side, but my bud always seems to get to that dry point where it gets transferred to the cure jar in about 3 days. I'm always curious how people can wait 7 days, or even 10 on occasion. My bud would be dry as powder at that point.

Here is an important little ditty about the Fruitbowl I just harvested:

29.2 grams :woohoo: broke the ounce barrier again with a short plant!

Thats 29.2 grams with the main stem removed....

Before or after drying ?

H

Hal

After drying....thats why I went :woohoo:

Atmosphere...next garden I will do what you do and use one big "bed" of soil, instead of individual pots. You make a good argument for using a bed of soil, and your results are hard to argue with.

Hal said:
Another piece of info regarding the best time to harvest: somebody suggested that the trichome development continues to advance even after the plant gets chopped, but only for a few days. I'm not certain that this is correct info, only heard it once here on IC, but it does seem like it would be possible. Probably need a horticulturalist or botanist to confirm or deny this tidbit.

This is true i believe especially with the leaves still on the bud. when we analize the photosynthese reactions in a plant ( two types) we find out that the plant also stores energy. The energy keepers are still present in a plant after chopping , but not for very long.

Last edited:

I started harvesting , the big ones need a little more time.

the lucky Queens ( wich are 90% Santa Maria) packed with resin :

an Other thing :

I would like to send some people a number of freebees to be used in a 12/12 grow . Would like some opinions on them . The seeds are very well suited for this method because they show sex fast ,and all of them after about 3 weeks . One might show 3 day's aerlier than an other , but thats about the maximum difference.
I will not pay for shipping, thats up to you . I'll pack them very 'stealthy'

Last edited:
H

Hal

DAMN!!!!!!! Atmoshpere!! :yoinks:

Those look fuckin incredible man! What strains are they? Dude those look beautiful!

Man, if you want to really bring the word of the 12/12 from seed method to the hardcore IC'ers, I just had a great idea: If you can, take some extra special photos of your results, and then post them here in this thread, and then I (and anyone else who cares to...) could nominate it/them for the photo of the month contest here on IC.

The competition is quite high (pun intended!) in these contests (not sure if you have perused the threads devoted to this subject). There are some real crisply focused macro blow-ups that seem to be the formula shot that usually has a good chance of winning. In my opinion, those kind of shots can get boring.

Because one of the most impressive qualities is your yield on each plant...I think pulling back enough to emphasize the sweet fatness of those kolas would be the smart composition. You lose the "fields of trichs" that are in so many shots...but like I said, trich shots get kinda boring anyway. Throw in a simple backdrop, and a back light to illuminate the backdrop behind the bud/plant and you could win the PHOTO OF THE MONTH! And whoever nominates you could include in the description "that this here bud was grown with the 12/12 From Seed Method...so take that YE WHO DOUBTED 12/12!!"

Wouldn't that be cool?

H

Hal

Free bees?

Free bees?

Holy Shit, that is truly noble of ya sir! :jump:

I cannot pass up your gracious offer! I will go to my local post office tomorrow to find out how much the cost will be for you to send and then will send you that amount to cover shipping.

Do you have any idea how we should exchange the relevant information about addresses and such?

Lumpy

I Love my 400w hps set up, i have a very small grow space and with the 12/12 method works great with no ill effects and cheaper electric bill too. I wish i had a better camera to show every1 how nice they look after just 4 weeks!!! Atmosphere those look VERY tasty!

H

Hal

I just checked out the photo of the month thread. L33t had one of his photos of his 12/12 ladies posted by someone!

Good luck to ya L33t....hope ya win the prize...a pack of strawberry diesel from Reservoir Seeds.

H

Hal

For those still using inches, that would be 36" x 36" x 70"....if the height is 70" and you subtract 10" for the soil container, and subtract 18" for the light and reflector....that leaves you 42" for the plant itself. Because 12/12 from seed keeps plants shorter than usual, you could probably grow just about any sativa/indica hybrid...definitely could grow any indica...not sure about doing a pure sativa, that might be pushing it.

Regarding the number of plants....12/12 from seed keeps the plants from growing bushy, so you could fit quite a few. I think Atmosphere was using a space quite similar in size to yours...might want to check and see how many plants he was growing. Off the top of my head, I would think somewhere around 1 plant per square foot...that would be 9 plants. I could be wrong on that though. I would also suggest considering Atmosphere's method of using one big container of soil instead of individual pots for each plant.

weed_life

cheers for that reply..im i have decided i will be doing a S0G rows of 4x4 pots 3liters in size so 16 plants...with more than one kind of strain mainly indica.afgan#1 northenlights maby sensi skunk#..i have grown twice before using cfl's and both grows where 12/12 from seed i did nirvarna misty and nirvarna nlxbb....the nlxbb had ll diffrent kinds of phonos not very good for 12/12 but the mistys i have to say where pretty amazing for the price they where all very very uniform and grew one nice big bud...i may try them again i think they would be perfect for sog from seed

H

Hal

Hey Weed...

I'm a big fan of Nirvana's products also. Had great results with their northern lights, it stayed short (4 plants, ranged from 12" to 23") and had nice fat dense kolas. All my grow so far have been with CFL...I look forward to the day I can move up to a 400 HPS, but to tell the truth, I haven't really felt pressure to do so because I am getting very nice results with the CFL's.

My previous grow, with Nirvana's Bubblelicious, was not as great...the plants seemed to stretch, and didn't develop the most solid of buds, and yield was not nearly as good as the northern lights. I wouldn't recommend that strain for anyone who has height considerations in their garden area, but it is possible that if I had used a more powerful light, say a 400 watt HPS, my results may have been different. I am happy with the smoke though, gives a real nice euphoric buzz.

H

Hal

Haze Skunk gets the axe!

Haze Skunk gets the axe!

Haze Skunk, Sunshine Seeds, 64 days flowering at harvest:

This girl should yield pretty decent.

H

Hal

Haze Skunk gets the axe!

Haze Skunk gets the axe!

Haze Skunk, Sunshine Seeds, 64 days flowering:

This lady looks like she might yield quite nicely.

Last edited:
G

i have a small 12/12 from seed plant that is finally finished from my micro cab

here is a pic...she lost most of her larger fan leaves to heat stres which is why she looks a little naked...she got chopped this morning but i dont have pics up yet

WELL MY LADIES ARE GETTING CLOSE...SOME A COUPLE DAYS SOME A WEEK OR SO....HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE TRICH TO GO FROM CLEAR TO AMBER? ANY SIGGESTION ON THE BEST WAY TO CURE IT...I DONT WANNA USE WATER CURE SO PLEASE DONT SUGGEST. SHOULD I TRIM ALL LEAVES BEFORE I HAND TO DRY? ANY TIPS WOULD HELP...PICS ON THE WAY...

HERE IS A PHOTO OF EACH PLANT WILL SHOW CLOSE UPS LATER...THEY LOOK GREAT BESAIDES THE YELLOW LEAVES AT THE BOTTOM. I'M THINKIN THEY MAY BE ROOT BOUND OR SOMETHING...BUT ITS A LITTLE TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING NOW...