What's new

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

Roadkill420

Pakora. Zucchini, tofu, onion, green chili...

pakhora.jpg

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
But grew up poor.
me too. i didn't KNOW we were poor, though. when school let out, we went camping for weeks, eating scrambled eggs cooked on a Coleman stove. i thought we were on vacation, fucking loved it! swimming, fishing, hell yes! truth was, Dad disconnected the electricity for the summer because he couldn't pay the bill. there were no such things as "size limits" for fish. if it bit the hook, it hit the skillet! i miss being poor in a way...

moose eater

The ham loaf came in a bread loaf type of disposable baking tin, with a crimp at the top that retained a sheet of food-grade cardboard over it to prevent contamination before purchase and baking.

It was similar to Spam, but you baked the whole bread loaf pan of it.
And it really wasn't too bad; far better tasting than Spam, which I've come to believe was actually some sort of government-sponsored experiment on the general population, like I believe Twinkies were. Like when they added flavors and non-sugar sweetener to fluoride treatments.

shithawk420

Veteran
They only swarm for several reasons

Crowding
Lousy weather for too long
The queen croaks(rare)

However they can die from more than a few prevalent diseases
farmers sprayed their fields just feet from my apiaries.its totaly logical to think that could cause them to swarm.if it was insecticide i dont doubt it.i saw them swarm around the same time they sprayed.its been awhile but i took college courses and got my certificate

Rgd

Veteran
farmers sprayed their fields just feet from my apiaries.its totaly logical to think that could cause them to swarm.if it was insecticide i dont doubt it.i saw them swarm around the same time they sprayed.its been awhile but i took college courses and got my certificate
Interesting

All the best with that

I have had to move 30 hives In full production at night-before because of spraying

It was not fun

shithawk420

Veteran
Interesting

All the best with that

I have had to move 30 hives In full production at night-before because of spraying

It was not fun
i imagine it was not.those supers get heavy.this was a long time ago and i havent raised bees since.didnt even expect it.saw them balled up in a nearby tree and wasnt much i could do by myself.it was worth the experience

Rgd

Veteran
i imagine it was not.those supers get heavy.this was a long time ago and i havent raised bees since.didnt even expect it.saw them balled up in a nearby tree and wasnt much i could do by myself.it was worth the experience
you can take couple frames out and shake the swarm over them and a new box

and re "the bee moving we had to do"..some of the supers said "requeened 1938 "so they were hardly new

..... bees have quite a gauntlet to run

shithawk420

Veteran
you can take couple frames out and shake the swarm over them and a new box

and re "the bee moving we had to do"..some of the supers said "requeened 1938 "so they were hardly new

..... bees have quite a gauntlet to run
indeed they do.damn 1938.wonder how many quenns that thing has seen

armedoldhippy

Veteran
heading to kitchen to make fried taters, onions, peppers, and kielbasa, with a side of fried green tomato... i'm trying to think of something that i have NOT fried... :unsure: and coming up empty. :shucks: maybe vienna sausage.

Latest posts

Latest posts