What's new

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

moose eater

Peruvian chicken, oven roasted with the special Peruvian sauce. Fucking outstanding!!

IMG_0738.jpg

moose eater

Jamaican jerked chicken. Spicier than the delicious green sauce we'd made for the Peruvian chicken earlier today, photographed above, which came with no cocaine, by the way. I was bummed. I'd thought that Peruvian chicken was code of some sort... but, nope.

moose eater

Bummer...

Wait, so there's weed in the Jamaican jerk right??!!

:biglaugh:
There could be. THAT we have.

The Peruvian sauce up top has sour cream, cumin, cilantro, and other seasonings, including some spicy pepper. I'll look it up soon again.

The Jamaican jerked chicken recipe came from the local newspaper online and was surprisingly potent as far as spiciness.

The Peruvian chicken green sauce, dobbed on at room temperature, is nothing shy of incredible.

moose eater

The sauce for the Peruvian chicken (we used several serrano peppers as the store had no jalapenos last night):

Green Sauce – Aji Verde Ingredients​

• Jalapeños – remove the ribs for less heat
  • Cilantro – or use parsley if you’re sensitive to cilantro
  • Green Onions – green parts only
  • Garlic
  • Mayonnaise
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Lime Juice – adds a delicious tang
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt + Pepper
Pureed in a blender or food processor. Fucking outstanding, as stated earlier.
**Edit: our recipe used no yogurt or mayonnaise, instead using sour cream and olive oil.

Last edited:

moose eater

Peruvian chicken, Jamaican chicken...doesn't anyone go to KFC any more ? :dunno:🐔
Not since over 20 years ago when I discovered that KFC and Marriott Hotels were both investors in private prisons.

That, and the fact that a couple of chickens (16-piece family meal) here at KFC is over $50 before the tip, and if 'free beverages' are involved that climbs to near $80.

You know how many sealed bags of good quality chicken thighs I can buy for $50?

Last edited:

moose eater

1/2-lb. 93% lean ground burger on sprouted whole wheat Silver Hills Bakery 'Little Big Bread,' toasted, with sliced sweet onion, sliced dill pickles, red, on the vine tomato slices, creole mustard we made a while back, no sugar added ketchup, and sharp cheddar cheese melted on top, with the burgers fried in Worcestershire Sauce, granulated onion, granulated garlic, coarsely ground black pepper, and then topped with romaine lettuce leaves, x's 2 each. (One for me and one for my wife).

Last edited:

moose eater

damn! nowhere near that much here. i guess driving a herd of chickens from Kansas up into Alaska IS pretty labor intensive though... :cool:
Our chickens are union. Left overs from the hardcore pipeline days when Teamsters ruled and problem union shop stewards, scabs, and chickens that gave up everything for a mere .50-cents/lb. were often taken for a ride in a Lincoln Town Car to 'view the scenery'.

moose eater

damn! nowhere near that much here. i guess driving a herd of chickens from Kansas up into Alaska IS pretty labor intensive though... :cool:
..... and...

I know. You remember when POOR people, even in Alaska, ate chicken?

Chicken livers, hearts and gizzards here, when you can find them at the store, often in a plastic pint or quart yogurt container type thing, now cost $2.59/lb. to $3.29/lb. and many modern middle-class folks think that's stuff that's too gross to eat.

We ate cow's tongue in sandwiches as a kid, because it was poor people food, and cheap. Apparently now it's regarded as somewhat of an ethnic delicacy.

Same for pickled herring in cream sauce.

All of that was poor people food when I was a kid. That, and the ever-questionable ham loaf in a disposable baking tin from the store.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i didn't used to eat animal organs. still won't touch any kind of liver, gizzard etc. but i nearly cry remembering the deer hearts we left in the woods for possums, birds and coyotes before i sliced one thin and fried it! dang... food fit for Kings and Gods. :love: ps- never tried cow tongues, but i bet it's good. i don't recall ever seeing it in butcher shops here. ???

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
..... and...

I know. You remember when POOR people, even in Alaska, ate chicken?

Chicken livers, hearts and gizzards here, when you can find them at the store, often in a plastic pint or quart yogurt container type thing, now cost $2.59/lb. to $3.29/lb. and many modern middle-class folks think that's stuff that's too gross to eat.

We ate cow's tongue in sandwiches as a kid, because it was poor people food, and cheap. Apparently now it's regarded as somewhat of an ethnic delicacy.

Same for pickled herring in cream sauce.

All of that was poor people food when I was a kid. That, and the ever-questionable ham loaf in a disposable baking tin from the store.

I recall watching chicken wing prices soar after some goofball in Buffalo decided to make a buck from scraps.

I didn't realize that you were supposed to be baking the canned ham in the can... but Spam is as close as I have been to canned ham, myself.

moose eater

I recall watching chicken wing prices soar after some goofball in Buffalo decided to make a buck from scraps.

I didn't realize that you were supposed to be baking the canned ham in the can... but Spam is as close as I have been to canned ham, myself.

The ham loaf came in a bread loaf type of disposable baking tin, with a crimp at the top that retained a sheet of food-grade cardboard over it to prevent contamination before purchase and baking.

It was similar to Spam, but you baked the whole bread loaf pan of it.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The ham loaf came in a bread loaf type of disposable baking tin, with a crimp at the top that retained a sheet of food-grade cardboard over it to prevent contamination before purchase and baking.

It was similar to Spam, but you baked the whole bread loaf pan of it.

I'm suddenly squeamish...

But grew up poor.

I'd eat if I was hungry... but I think I would do something else with it besides eating just the loaf, like slice it and squish the slices, breading them into chicken fried ham...

Damn... now I'm hungry...