What's new

WHAT ARE YOU EATING TODAY?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
What I would LIKE would be here in "da city'
just blew $300 at the grocery store, but what i want was sold out of a sidewalk shed in Tampa. they take a slab fillet of grouper, split it like pita bread, and stuff it full of popcorn shrimp. they then pin it shut with toothpicks, dip it in batter, and deep-fry it. you get it on a steamed bun with crispy lettuce and their home-made tartar sauce. it's been over 25 years since i had one, but i still remember...:yummy:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
What I would LIKE would be here in "da city'

Good to see ya here Gypsy!

Good to be around Tudo - hope all is well with you and yours -

Food - yeah - such an important thing for healthy growth and development - and I have two teenagers to feed with ever increasing amounts of it daily - so I make a big stew or curry every few days - which lasts 2-3 days - full of onions and garlic - carrots and spuds - celery/leeks and peppers - tomato/chili and ginger puree - mild Madras curry powder and/or chicken or beef builion - lemons - chick peas and red kidney beans - only using olive oil or cold pressed rape seed oil to fry the meat and onions/garlic in first - before simmering it all for an hour - to serve with wild brown or Jasmin rice and Greek Yogurt -

- I make sure that the kids get a good hot and nutritious meal every day - and there is plenty there - if they want an extra serving -

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
fist snack of the day handfuls of these

IMG_20230617_121128.jpg

moose eater

Did a chicken recipe of sorts I got from a short clip on FB of all places.

Put some oil in the bottom of a 10" or so cast-iron skillet, then added the raw (5) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (the folks on FB used about 800 grams of chicken drumsticks/legs), then I used some sharp granulated garlic (they used fresh cloves, but I wasn't into it today), a fair amount of black pepper, and some sea salt and onion powder. (Forgot to add the paprika, and I'd have used smoke paprika, though they used regular).

Then, after about 15" of cooking on both sides in the skillet with the lid on, I added about 5 TBSP+ of honey, and tossed the thighs around some more, and replaced the lid on the skillet, turning them over a couple times more for another 15"+ duration on medium heat.

Then drizzled on a couple oz. or less of soy sauce, and stirred the thighs around again several more times in between leaving the lid on for the most part, except for flipping the thighs around, still simmering in the 'sauce' for another 15"+ duration.

The served them up with a microwaved baked potato or 2.

Simple, easy and tasty... And relatively cheap.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
nothing. fucking starved! damn kitchen is full of furniture, can't get to stove to cook, fridge to snack, can't even make tea to wash meds down with...tv unplugged and in spare bedroom, busy ripping carpet up. have learned to hate staples and everyone that uses them! looking forward to smoking a bowl and burning a hole in new carpet this weekend...:mad:

BuckeyeGreen

nothing. fucking starved! damn kitchen is full of furniture, can't get to stove to cook, fridge to snack, can't even make tea to wash meds down with...tv unplugged and in spare bedroom, busy ripping carpet up. have learned to hate staples and everyone that uses them! looking forward to smoking a bowl and burning a hole in new carpet this weekend...:mad:
Ah home renovation, lots of experience there. Worked on a home myself and with my girl for 10 years, fixing up a big 2600 square foot trashed home. Worked on it as money allowed. I learned all the trades by watching YouTube videos. Spent a couple years living in what looked like a construction zone.
As far as food goes, Chemex made Sumatra dark roast, a little sugar and cream. Sometimes I eat a small breakfast and once in awhile a big breakfast with bacon, eggs and fried potatoes but mornings are usually spent sippin‘ coffee.

mexweed

Veteran
refried black beans with "street corn and peppers", a small avocado, a hebrew national, and a bit of cilantro, only going to make one today as two was a bit much