What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Cannavore

Veteran
no it's not. MLK was just a hypocrite. you can't preach non violence and anti colonialism and then support violence and colonialism and be taken seriously on this topic.

either he wasn't aware of any of this, or didn't care.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
any one who pretends to be anywhere remotely "on the left" should have already picked a side long ago bro. settler colonialism, apartheid, fascism, etc are incompatible with a left wing view.
As are the rites of women, minorities, free elections, etc. I'm not supporting sharia law over democracy, whatever the flaws. You're basically asking me to side with Hamas, which would be akin to asking me to side with an organisation like ISIS.

I loath fascism and hard line religion equally so no, I'm not choosing sides.

JKD

Veteran
Hi JKD. This is the first time I've responded to one of your messages. Thanks for the suggestion, and for your interest in what I have to say. I'd like to take this opportunity to respectfully decline this and any future homework assignments you might wish to suggest. Apologies for the sass straight out of the gate, but it seems to me you weren't willing to read any of the documents I shared. If you had managed to read so far as the first sentence of the second paragraph of the first document, you'd know that "... the Arab Higher Committee represents a considerable portion of the Arab population of Palestine." Which is to say that not all, not even a majority of the population, but a mere plurality of Palistinians in 1947 were in fact represented by al-Husaini's Arab Higher Committee: the seed of all Palestinian nationalism today which now completely dominates Palestinian politics. This faction's dominance of Palestinian politics is due in no small part to the deeply obedient, deeply performative support of so-called leftists worldwide.
The irony of this situation is manifold. There was in 1947 a Palestine Communist Party who did oppose the 1947 UN Partition Plan. That is, they opposed the plan until the plan was endorsed by the Soviet Union and consequently the PCP. Which is to say that as a matter of fact the USSR the Comintern and the Palestine Communist Party in 1947 all supported the UN Partition Plan and the creation of the State of Israel.
Hi Genghis. No worries and fair enough. I have actually read the book you pulled that from in its entirety, hence the edit prior to your reply. Personally, I feel your summation of Palestinian nationalism and politics is a little narrow, but of course we don’t have to agree. I try and read as widely as I can on these topics to better inform my opinion, and if you have any book recommendations I am open to them.

Take care

Last edited:

dramamine

Do we have to play videos from October 7?

Not that there's anything wrong with violence against Israel....
So, OK, you see reason for all the dead and dying Palestinian civilians, who didn't try to break out on Oct 7. The fact that Israel is now trying to do the same to Lebanon should make you stop and think about what you are tacitly supporting. But it doesn't, which is very telling.

dramamine

tacit/tăs′ĭt/

adjective​

1. Not spoken.
    "indicated tacit approval by smiling and winking."
  2. Implied by or inferred from actions or statements.
    "Management has given its tacit approval to the plan."
  3. Not speaking; silent

GenghisKush

She is, perhaps, the finest student yet produced by the Cannavore School for Social Justice Activism.

edit: This is tragically ironic for several reasons, not least of which being the Genocide of Greek people and ethnic cleansing of Asia Minor beginning in WW1 and lasting for thirty years where as many as 1,000,000 people were murdered by the Ottomans and Turkish nationalists.

Last edited:

moose eater

October 7 would've never even happened had Israel not been living on top of others' land, taking whatever they wished to, destroying Palestinians' family homes, killing and raping with impunity, and having their crimes covered for at the UN and elsewhere by Uncle Sam, over and over again for fucking years... Fact.

The willful blindness, what-about-isms, and deflection among some in this thread is out-fucking-rageous.

GenghisKush

Unfortunately these are paywalled, but they go into the symbiotic relationship between Netanyahu and Hamas and his motivations for strengthening them to keep the PLO weak and prevent a two state solution:

And a book on the subject - English version yet to be published:

nof an assignment, more of a tip: archive.ph is good for bypassing many paywalls.

for example, here is the full text of the first article you linked https://archive.ph/Fi4OJ

JKD

Veteran
October 7 would've never even happened had Israel not been living on top of others' land, taking whatever they wished to, destroying Palestinians' family homes, killing and raping with impunity, and having their crimes covered for at the UN and elsewhere by Uncle Sam, over and over again for fucking years... Fact.

The willful blindness, what-about-isms, and deflection among some in this thread is out-fucking-rageous.
If the US stands in the way of UN legal recourse, and Israel does not apply domestic law fairly, what else for Palestine but Hamas?

moose eater

If the US stands in the way of UN legal recourse, and Israel does not apply domestic law fairly, what else for Palestine but Hamas?
JFK nailed it best.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."

For the oppressor, Israel, to whine even a little bit after the 76 years of tyrannical criminal history and what is known, falls on my deaf ears. Period.

Bibi and his cabinet members, and anyone supporting his twisted, perverted version of blasphemous 'Zionism', should be stomped into the pavement until they're little more than a grease spot that causes curiosity later on. No care or concern for their 'pain' at this point. None..

JKD

Veteran
JFK nailed it best.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."

For the oppressor, Israel, to whine even a little bit after the 76 years of tyrannical criminal history and what is known, falls on my deaf ears. Period.

Bibi and his cabinet members, and anyone supporting his twisted, perverted version of blasphemous 'Zionism', should be stomped into the pavement until they're little more than a grease spot that causes curiosity later on. No care or concern for their 'pain' at this point. None..
Even before Israel - the British banned Arab political gatherings during a period when Palestinians were seeking a unity with Syria. The Brits as belligerent occupiers then instituted rule over Palestine under a League of Nations covenant they didn’t have and wouldn’t get for another two years. For their troubles 25 years later the British suffered numerous attacks and bombings at the hands of the Irgun, who were later largely absorbed into the IDF.

moose eater

Even before Israel - the British banned Arab political gatherings during a period when Palestinians were seeking a unity with Syria. The Brits as belligerent occupiers then instituted rule over Palestine under a League of Nations covenant they didn’t have and wouldn’t get for another two years. For their troubles 25 years later the British suffered numerous attacks and bombings at the hands of the Irgun, who were later largely absorbed into the IDF.
I wasn't aware of the Irgun history. The Brits, on the other hand, with -their- Empire, and the death and destruction they brought with their pompous pretentiousness and culturally centrist bullshit, not to be outdone, long before the US's empire-building, -that-, I was aware of.

Seems that being at the top of shit mountain goes to the heads of many, and they cease using them for what they're best for, thinking.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts