What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

Cannavore

Veteran
You must be Native American...
what does this even mean? that it's somehow okay to illegally occupy foreign land and drive the native population from their property because the US is also founded on settler colonialism (which my ancestors had no part in)?

one thing HAPPENED and the outcome cannot be changed
the other thing is currently HAPPENING and the outcome can be changed

Cannavore

Veteran
first they are "killing civilians en masse", and are told to be more "surgical" in their attacks. i don't know how much more "surgical" or "directed" it could be than to send 3 people into a building to kill those hiding there behind civilians. what do you want? should they send engraved invitations and ask them to step outside? what ??? what method of dealing with Hamas would you folks find satisfactory other than to surrender to them ? i'll wait, i'm retired. :rolleyes:
coming with the zionist talking point lol

Cannavore

Veteran
of all of the tone-deaf things i've seen from you, this is quite possibly the worst. :noway:
why's that? they are stealing and occupying pre-occupied land lol. you can't just roll up to an existing country and say let's split this shit down the middle and if you don't agree we'll kill you but also blame you as the one's who started all this.

that hospital was in the west bank where there is no hamas presence. all you have is the IDF's word that they were even hamas to begin with. the same IDF and Israel who in the International criminal court of justice just had a ruling of plausible genocidal intent declared against them.

one of them targeted men was in a coma

even if what israel says is true, it's still illegal under the geneva conventions to target wounded combatants outside of a combat zone.

PetePrice

I think the word for what Israel carried out at that hospital is perfidy, as in they carried out an act of perfidy and I'm pretty sure that's a violation of international law that they are actually bound by.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
that hospital was in the west bank where there is no hamas presence. all you have is the IDF's word that they were even hamas to begin with.

Hamas has claimed that one of the three killed was a member. They said that the other two were Islamic Jihad and added that all three were members of Jenin Brigade.

PetePrice

One of the Palestinian men killed, Basel Ghazawi was paralyzed obviously the IDF deny this. The other two men were his brother and mate at his bedside, He had been at the hospital for 3 months.
It was the mate they were after...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
was in the west bank where there is no hamas presence.
yeah, right! :D
let's split this shit down the middle and if you don't agree we'll kill you but also blame you
that sounds familiar...:unsure: is that YOU, Vladimir?
even if what israel says is true, it's still illegal under the geneva conventions
like anyone GAFF about the Geneva Convention. violations in every conflict, ALL of them. selective much ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
me, i'm a Republican. or USED to be. i am now ashamed of what much of the GOP has become in the last 8 to 10 years. i am not alone, either. i'm not for genocide, nor do i like how Israel is conducting this uneven war. but it IS a war, and one needs to be careful with whom one picks a fight when there is no place to retreat to...the Palestinians could have had a country years ago, but gambled that they could do better, and lost. "bigly" as The Chump might say. :confused:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Because Israel's proposed truce isn't permanent ceasefire and total withdrawal
i don't blame them. why give an avowed mortal enemy a base to attack you from next door, after kicking them out? same reasoning over Syria wanting international pressure on Israel to give them the Golan Heights back, from which Syria used to lob artillery into Israel from. no fucking way! :noway: any artillery/rockets launched from there will be headed INTO Syria from now on.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
the idf are the most well armed terrorists on earth . they have zero honour . bullies . useless one on one

Actually the reason is the better armed terrorists.

We spend more to have more.

Did you go forgetting that the US armed Israel?

Bully with no honor.. sounds familiar.

Trump is going to fix everything.

Aren't you Scottish anyway?

No wonder you don't care about the aggression... you're a useless fly in the midst of Russian navy ointment should shit go down.

Brother Nature

It’s a little trite to still be discussing hamas like they’re the cause of Israel murdering 27,000 humans and forcing an entire people from their homeland. Yeah they’re a terrorist organisation and they did a horrific thing, but Israel’s response and continued support from the US is ramping up tensions in an area of the world so raped and pillaged by American interests it’s looking very likely to spillover into an international issue. Just like in Ukraine, this entire charade of a war, and millions of human lives, could be saved by the actions of one nation that’s too wrapped up in its own ego to do any good in the world. It’d be nice if we could move away from this tribalistic us or them mentality, but judging by this and many many other threads on this site, that doesn’t seem likely.

Brother Nature

I did also want to say I do enjoy reading the perspectives of many of you with whom I disagree, though most of the far right loonies are on ignore cause it’s simply not worth having a conversation with petulant children. We should start ignoring those voices a little more in the hopes they go away, which seems to work in some of the cases…

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It’s a little trite to still be discussing hamas like they’re the cause of Israel murdering 27,000 humans and forcing an entire people from their homeland. Yeah they’re a terrorist organisation and they did a horrific thing, but Israel’s response and continued support from the US is ramping up tensions in an area of the world so raped and pillaged by American interests it’s looking very likely to spillover into an international issue. Just like in Ukraine, this entire charade of a war, and millions of human lives, could be saved by the actions of one nation that’s too wrapped up in its own ego to do any good in the world. It’d be nice if we could move away from this tribalistic us or them mentality, but judging by this and many many other threads on this site, that doesn’t seem likely.

Hamas is getting exactly what they wanted.