What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

War

GenghisKush

This is what Scott Ritter, a former US intelligence officer, former UN weapons expert and now television commentator, said in a dialogue on the Ask The Inspector YouTube channel, which evaluates the ongoing conflict.

They left out some important context, I think.

1696450825351.png

Brother Nature

Him being a creep doesn’t discount his experience as a journalist and government agent though, just means he’s a gross pedo. Probably does help shape his anti government stance though.

greyfader

Him being a creep doesn’t discount his experience as a journalist and government agent though, just means he’s a gross pedo. Probably does help shape his anti government stance though.
Ritter and McGregor both have been saying the same shit every week since the war started and not one of their predictions has come to pass.

they are both considered to be traitors by the rest of the US military community. they are despised.

they have figured out how to make money from interviews and are just milking the situation for personal profit.

they are both pieces of shit.

Brother Nature

Yeah I get that, I have read a few of Ritters articles, don’t know who McGregor is. I don’t necessarily agree with his viewpoints but it doesn’t mean some of what is said in those articles isn’t true. I also don’t think being held in high esteem by the US military is something anyone should aspire to.

You don’t have to admire or even like someone to listen to them, that seems to be a big issue in the political discussions of today. It’s become a cult of personality, if people don’t like what another says they resort to using personal attacks to shutdown another’s viewpoints. Harvey Weinstein made some incredible movies, those shouldn’t be discounted when we think of what a monster that man actually is. I digress, to get back to the point if we as humanity had more empathy for each other there wouldn’t be any need for wars. But also, fuck pedophiles, he should have his nuts nailed to a 2x4 and then be hung off a building.

GenghisKush

It makes him a person with values that I do not share. Presumably, you don't share them either. As a rule I am distrustful of convicted, unrepentant predators.

greyfader

Yeah I get that, I have read a few of Ritters articles, don’t know who McGregor is. I don’t necessarily agree with his viewpoints but it doesn’t mean some of what is said in those articles isn’t true. I also don’t think being held in high esteem by the US military is something anyone should aspire to.

You don’t have to admire or even like someone to listen to them, that seems to be a big issue in the political discussions of today. It’s become a cult of personality, if people don’t like what another says they resort to using personal attacks to shutdown another’s viewpoints. Harvey Weinstein made some incredible movies, those shouldn’t be discounted when we think of what a monster that man actually is. I digress, to get back to the point if we as humanity had more empathy for each other there wouldn’t be any need for wars. But also, fuck pedophiles, he should have his nuts nailed to a 2x4 and then be hung off a building.
the US military has had some nutjobs as members over the years. like General Flynn, Colonels McGregor and Ritter, and quite a few others.

like a lot of sociopaths, they are quite adept at concealing their true nature while in the service. as a result, they get to positions of leadership and decision-making.

but most of the US military is dedicated to preserving Democracy and protecting the Constitution.

so being held in high esteem by the military while serving your country is something to aspire to and a position of honor.

most of them are not perverts and don't support dictators or would-be dictators like Trump.

i grew up in a Navy family and my father was a career officer who served honorably in 3 wars over a 24-year span.

adding that i have listened to both Ritter and McGregor as well as General Flynn long enough to realize that they are liars with highly suspect personal agendas.

Brother Nature

Thanks for the response, I had looked up McGregor and agree with your assessment.

I am also from a military family, grandfather in my mums side was in the NZ SAS and my grandfather on my dads side served in the airforce in Vietnam. the US military enabled him to live a happy and productive life that he never would have been able otherwise. I have a massive amount of respect for those who have gone into service as do I for the idealism that makes people choose to serve their country. I just don’t support war in any sense or for any reason and I think the current iteration of the military industrial complex prizes those who do, that’s what I don’t support.

greyfader

Thanks for the response, I had looked up McGregor and agree with your assessment.

I am also from a military family, grandfather in my mums side was in the NZ SAS and my grandfather on my dads side served in the airforce in Vietnam. the US military enabled him to live a happy and productive life that he never would have been able otherwise. I have a massive amount of respect for those who have gone into service as do I for the idealism that makes people choose to serve their country. I just don’t support war in any sense or for any reason and I think the current iteration of the military industrial complex prizes those who do, that’s what I don’t support.
thank you for your understanding response! my father lied about his age so he could join the Navy as an enlisted man at age 16 during ww2. he was a medical corpsman and was on the beach at Iwo Jima assigned to the Marines.

he then graduated from the first officer candidate school held by the Navy. he was a poor farm kid from a long line of poor sharecroppers. basically uneducated. by the time he retired in 1967 he had been captain of two warships and had a law degree.

he had traveled the world and told me that most people in the US didn't appreciate their good fortune of being accidentally born an American.

he was a good man and proud of his country and his service.

GenghisKush

I'm always humbled to hear stories of those who defeated fascism in the 20th century and I cannot understand how it is so many are willing to permit fascism to once again creep into the world. I suppose it is a mistake to imagine that it (fascism) was ever extinct.
I'm beginning to suspect we got ourselves into this mess, where fascism is again taking hold, by willingness to overlook the horrible crimes men have committed, either because of their service to their country, or because doing so serves the interests of some country or worse, some nation.
Canada is about to go through some things on this score. As a consequence of having honored a Waffen SS soldier in Parliament, the still-secret second half of the c. 1980 Deschenes Commission report, "a 1980s-era independent inquiry that looked at alleged Nazi war criminals in Canada" may soon become a matter of public record. I hope it does, and as a result that we accept that this history is real and terrifying and we live it still. https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-deschenes-commission-ex-nazis-1.6986364

Roms

from the future
Veteran

Possible biological experiments: Ukrainian soldiers with inexplicable antibiotic resistance​

1696546182820.png

A European health system found that Ukrainian citizens who are on the move often have dangerous bacteria and antibiotic resistance. Western media raised the alarm about this phenomenon that could threaten the entire continent. Hospitals in several European countries saw a significant increase in antibiotic resistance among Ukrainians who came for treatment. The exact reason for this remains unclear. The first case was reported in a research letter for the Centers for Disease Control ( CDC ) in Germany in August, when a Ukrainian soldier was diagnosed with several dangerous infections that could not be treated with antibiotics.
Western media recently pointed out that similar incidents have been registered in several unnamed European countries where wounded soldiers and refugees have left Ukraine. They named „ Hospital and hygiene problems “ in Ukraine as one of the reasons for the spread of the diseases and made it „ more difficult to take the usual precautions against antibiotic resistance “. The media also pointed to the lack of tests to determine the correct use of antibiotics in Ukrainian hospitals. Therefore, infections and antibiotic resistance are often only found in Europe.
However, experts told Sputnik that antibiotic resistance could be a sign that these people have undergone biological experiments.
Dangerous bacteria
The German CDC report states that the first case was officially registered in Germany. The wounded Ukrainian soldier was first brought from Dnepropetrovsk to Kiev and then to an American military hospital in Germany. Only there was he tested for infections and the unexpected discovery was made.
„ Doctors took blood, urine, respiratory and peri-rectal surveillance cultures. Monitoring cultures grew A. baumannii, Enterococcus faecium, Klebsiella pneumoniae and two different morphologies of P. aeruginosa. Blood cultures grew a third P. aeruginosa. With the Vitek 2 automation system, the gram-negative organisms were found to be not sensitive to almost every antibiotic tested “, the paper explained.
According to the CDC, Acinetobacter baumannii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Klebsiella can cause pneumoniae pneumonia, meningitis and infections in wounds and urinary tract. Ukrainians, both military personnel and refugees, can be carriers of dangerous infections in both Ukraine and Europe. US researchers therefore warned European countries of an „ increased risk “ of the spread of multi-resistant organisms ( MDR ):
„ As a result, health networks in Europe now consider prior hospitalization in Ukraine as a critical risk factor for the settlement of MDR organisms ( 7.10 ). Health care providers dealing with citizens of Ukraine must be aware of the increased risk of MDR organisational transmission and infection caused by the conflict in Ukraine and take appropriate infection control measures, to limit their distribution. “
Nevertheless, the immunologist Vladislav Zhemchugov, an expert on particularly dangerous infections, believes that there is no epidemic risk in Europe due to the type of infection transmission caused by the hospital. But antibiotic resistance is a serious problem.
„ A huge range of microbes, along with the floor, gets into wounds that require both certain treatment skills and modern medication. Low effectiveness in the treatment of the wounded and a large number of purulent complications indicate resistance to antibiotics. In addition, the use of antibacterial agents requires a special system. Because if you start with the strongest antibiotics in an uncontrolled manner, there will be nothing to treat. This problem worsens with serious injuries: it turns out that not all bacteria can be removed from the body with an antibiotic, and medical personnel have to spend several days with, looking for a treatment method “, he said.
Biological weapons agents
Low health standards and uncontrolled use of antibiotics may not be the only causes of resistance. Igor Nikulin, former inspector of the UN Commission for Chemical, Bacteriological and Biological Weapons, suggests that there is another reason for such a dangerous trend. He explained that biological weapons agents – people who underwent biological experiments – were also resistant to antibiotics. Such a phenomenon has been clearly observed in the United States.
„ In particular, the Americans received envelopes with anthrax spores in 2001. This strain was resistant to antibiotics and commercial vaccines used to treat the disease. The tribe was commonly known as American. And generally, according to the 1972 Biological Toxin Weapons Convention, he shouldn't have been in the United States. So I think there was something similar going on here. We have noticed more than once that as soon as the hostilities in Donbass began, various diseases that were atypical for this region immediately occurred. By that I mean SARS, bird flu and the like. All of this is related to the activities of the United States military biological laboratories “, the expert added.
The Russian Ministry of Defense warned of this phenomenon last year:
In July 2022, a report by the Russian Ministry of Defense claimed that Ukrainian military personnel were involved in experiments to assess tolerance for dangerous infectious diseases.
„ A lack of therapeutic effects was found while antibacterial drugs were administered. High levels of antibiotics, including sulfonamides and fluoroquinolones, have been detected in the blood of Ukrainian military personnel. This could indicate the prophylactic use of antibiotics and the preparation of personnel for tasks under conditions of biological infection. For example, the preparation for the pathogen of cholera, which indirectly confirms the information of the Russian Ministry of Defense about the planning of the use of biological agents by Ukrainian special forces “, Igor Kirillov pointed out, Chief of Radiation, Chemical and Biological Protection Forces of the Russian Armed Forces.
He also found that Russian health experts found antibodies to pathogens in a number of infectious diseases in Ukrainian prisoners of war: 33% of them had hepatitis A, more than 4% had a fever with renal syndrome, while 20% had West Nile fever. According to the Russian military chief, these figures clearly exceeded the statistical average.
„ Taking into account the fact that these diseases were actively investigated by the Pentagon as part of Ukrainian projects, there is reason to believe that Ukrainian military personnel were involved in experiments as volunteers, To assess tolerance for dangerous infectious diseases “, Kirillov summarized.
Ukrainian military personnel have apparently already been treated for the listed infectious diseases, Igor Nikulin said:
„ A large number of antibodies were found in the blood of the soldiers: plague, polarimia, anthrax, Congo-Crimean hemorrhagic fever in almost all of them. So they were probably treated for these diseases. Therefore, there is a high proportion of antibiotics in the blood and the strain from which they got sick. This became resistant to all antibiotics. Some experiments were carried out on them. “

SOURCE: 'EXPERIMENTS WERE CARRIED OUT': WHY UKRAINIAN SOLDIERS BECOMING ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANT

Roms

from the future
Veteran

Contempt for Press Freedoms: U S Officials Bar Tucker Carlson from Interviewing Putin​

by Ted Galen Carpenter Posted onOctober 03, 2023
Tucker Carlson reports that the U.S. government prevented him from interviewing Russian President Vladimir Putin. Carlson told the Swiss magazine Die Weltwoche that he had sought to arrange an interview with Putin, but U.S. officials blocked him. “I tried to interview Vladimir Putin, but the U.S. government prevented me from doing so. Think about [the implications],” Carlson told the newspaper on September 24. Worse, according to Carlson, no one in the U.S. news media supported his right as a journalist to report on the Russian leader’s views regarding the Ukraine conflict.
Such obstructionism reflects a growing contempt on the part of officials in the United States and other supposedly liberal democratic countries for freedom of the press. It is merely the latest episode in a lengthening parade of restrictions, ranging from petty to truly alarming. The highest priority targets are critics who dare condemn or even dispute the accounts that Western leaders put forth regarding key foreign policy objectives
European Union governments have been even more brazen than Washington in their efforts to impede critics. Just days after Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022, the EU banned the two most prominent Russian outlets, RT and Sputnik. The official rationale was that those organizations were Kremlin controlled and were disseminating “disinformation” regarding the war in Ukraine. EU officials even ordered the removal of RT and Sputnik material from search engines.
More than 300 million inhabitants of EU countries were thus deprived from accessing Russia’s views about the war or its causes. Conversely, EU authorities did not impose the slightest restrictions on the tsunami of propaganda coming out of Kyiv regarding the war. Such gross imbalance has been a transparent effort to rig public opinion on a major international issue.
U.S. officials have been somewhat more subtle in their efforts to squelch dissenting views, especially on Russia, but they have been bad enough. The FBI, the CIA, and other agencies have engaged in a two-front assault on freedom of the press. One method is to emulate the EU and take direct action against alternative news outlets and other dissenters. The other strategy, which has become increasingly pervasive over the past decade is to pressure or collude with social media platforms to harass, marginalize, or eliminate sources that Washington dislikes. Such censorship by proxy is both insidious and dangerous.
The FBI took a major step toward implementing the first approach in October 2017. FBI leaders created a new Foreign Influence Task Force (FITF) in the bureau’s Counterintelligence Division. The FBI subsequently considered any effort by states designated by the Department of Defense as major adversaries (Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea) to influence American public opinion as a threat to U.S. national security. Targets for suppression were not confined to publications and outlets that were indisputably under the control of one of those hostile powers.
However, censorship by proxy has become by far the U.S. national security state’s preferred method. The U.S. national security apparatus has even actively assisted Volodymr Zelensky’s Ukrainian regime to undermine the constitutional rights of Americans. CNN noted a worrisome revelations in a July 2023 report from the House Judiciary Committee. “The committee says SBU [Ukraine’s top security agency] sent the FBI lists of social media accounts that allegedly ‘spread Russian disinformation,’ and that the FBI then ‘routinely relayed these lists to the relevant social media platforms, which distributed the information internally to their employees in charge of content moderation and enforcement.’”
In other words, the FBI served as a willing conduit and facilitator for Kyiv’s overseas censorship efforts. Moreover, U.S. officials did not make even a minimal effort to vet Kyiv’s allegations before pressuring social media companies to shut down the accounts of targeted organizations and individuals.
Revelations from the so-called Twitter files, confirm the extent of such ideological collusion between federal agencies and social media companies. Among other unhealthy aspects was that the FBI had paid Twitter $3.4 million. In a so-called fact-check, USA Today conceded that “the FBI flagged Twitter accounts the agency believed violated Twitter’s terms of service. Second, another document shows the FBI paid Twitter $3.4 million for Twitter’s processing of information requests the FBI made through the Stored Communications Act.” However, “fact-checker” Molly Stelino concluded that the FBI was not using Twitter for censorship purposes, insisting that “the $3.4 million is unrelated to the FBI flagging accounts.” Such an argument deserves an award for gullibility.
The extent of the government’s collusion campaign was even more apparent because Yoel Roth, the Twitter executive in charge of content moderation and members of his staff met weekly with the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. It is a safe bet that those meetings were not to discuss the weather. Such meetings also cast even more doubt on the allegedly benign nature of the FBI’s $3.4 million payment to Twitter for processing “information requests.” Yet even Roth apparently balked at some of the FBI’s more far-reaching demands. Roth contended that the list of alleged Russian disinformation offenders even included “‘a few accounts of American and Canadian journalists (e.g. [Grayzone’s] Aaron Mate),’ and said that Twitter would focus on rule violations and inauthentic behavior (i.e., bots).”
One interaction between the FBI and Facebook was as alarming as the collusion with Twitter. The FBI worked to discredit the New York Post’s blockbuster story on Hunter Biden’s laptop. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg later reported that FBI officials had approached him with a warning that Russia was conducting a concerted disinformation campaign during the 2020 U.S. election cycle, just as the Kremlin did in 2016. It was hard to miss the government’s implication that the laptop probably was part of the latest disinformation effort, and that Facebook should take down posts or algorithmically throttle accounts contending that revelations contained in the files were genuine. Yet there was no evidence at the time or subsequently that the laptop involved Russian disinformation. The allegation further poisoned relations with Russia, though, as well as stifled debate on a crucial issue.
In an early September 2023 ruling, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals found that the Biden administration’s meetings with social media companies had violated the First Amendment. That is an encouraging development in the battle against censorship by proxy, but it is unlikely that agencies in the national security apparatus will abandon their efforts to curb dissent, especially on controversial issues related to Washington’s role in the world. Freedom of the press clearly is under siege even in supposedly liberal, democratic countries.
Ted Galen Carpenter is a senior fellow at the Randolph Bourne Institute and a senior fellow at the Libertarian Institute. He also held various senior policy posts during a 37-year career at the Cato Institute. Dr. Carpenter is the author of 13 books and more than 1,200 articles on international affairs. His latest book is Unreliable Watchdog: The News Media and U.S. Foreign Policy (2022).

buzzmobile

Veteran

Latest posts

Latest posts