What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

archaicatoms

Hello brothers ! :)

You make us drool with the strains and highs you describe... ;-)

More modestly, here's a few pics of this run, one Bangi Haze pheno and 3 Sage phenos.

BH
View Image

Sage 3
View Image

Sage 2
View Image

Sage 1
View Image

Peace :tiphat:

Yes, I meant your SAGE line. Beautiful!
I have some Bohdis Big Sur Holybud up next round hopefully. I was just daydreaming about the two coming together and doing the love dance lol.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Good Morning,

Here are some Kali Mist cross pictures:
picture.php

picture.php

A picture of some pistils near the top:
picture.php

It's not as close to flowering as my Old Wicked Weed:
picture.php

Edit: I have to add that due to time/health constraints, I only visit the garden on weekends. I rub the stems on that Kali cross, and it slays me. Such a powerful rich sweet citric orange honey and a touch of pine. I know the aroma is coming from my memory of last weekend, but it surprises and stuns me every time. I love that plant! I ache to see it cured and tested. This plant doesn't resemble or smell like the Kali Mist mother. It is much more Thai-like than either parent.

The other Kali cross I have from the same parents that might be male is more spicy, fuel, and much shorter more indica looking leaves. I'm still hanging on to it, but it doesn't fire off the old school cannabis memory neurons from my childhood like the beauty pictured above does.

T.B.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Another picture of the SAGE cross I hope is male. It is more sativa looking than my original SAGE cutting:
picture.php

T.B.

Sticky Sat

Hello brothers ! :)

Here's a nug from the first Bango ((Agent Orange x Congo) x Bangi Haze), harvested at 45 days, for weather and white flies reasons...

Haven't tried it myself yet but, despite the roughly sped up drying of what they smoked, the few friends who did couldn't stop praising the high... It's been years since i saw them so enthousiastic... ;)

Glad i reveged a nug from each of the 2 phenos... :)

attachment.php

Have a great week my friends ! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Bango nug.jpg
    Bango nug.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 25

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Edit: This good looking and pungent male has potential to be a great match with the Nanan Bouclou. There are similarities in terpenes from the SAGE in him. It also brings lemon and floral aromas from Bangi Haze, though I do notice floral aromas in a SAGE related strain, Big Sur Holy Weed. Some of the floral aroma could come from that background. Both Nanan Bouclou and SAGE have a lot of excessively sweet/honey aroma and pinene terpenes.

The Bangi Haze in the SAGE cross male should bring the clear and clean high traits I cherish. That is also found in Nanan Bouclou. I'm hoping the trippy traits in Bangi Haze and SAGE get introduced into the clean and energetic Nanan Bouclou side. I would expect that there is a good chance since another Nanan Bouclou individual I grew had trippiness to it. There may be unexpressed recessive trippy genetics in the Nanan Bouclou cutting I saved.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A side story. Last night I was at a reggae concert with Rebelution and Stephen Marley. Lots of people were lighting up in the crowd. There was a lot of the skunky spicy indica aromas. There were also some tobacco and weed smelling joints. Ugh! Maybe some folks were trying to be stealthy or something, but I know some like it.

At one point I got a waft of some really sweet and fruity smelling weed. I immediately perked up and looked around for who was smoking that. It smelled like someone in the crowd liked my kind of weed. It fired up my neurons and made me desire a big toke.

I consumed some weed before the concert by eating some bud. I was with a friend who has asthma, and I was hoping we could learn to titrate ingested bud. Unfortunately, I was a bit too conservative with the dosage and only got a very slight buzz on a Nanan Bouclou bud. That was part of the reason that I wanted to find the person with the sweet fruity smelling weed, and bum a toke. LOL. We had a really good time anyway.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here is a picture of a row in my garden. Kali Mist cross in the foreground, and Old Wicked Weed cross in the background:

picture.php

The Old Wicked Weed in the background is what I call the 10 foot diameter "orb":

picture.php

The orb is so dense, it would take a week to dry out if it rained. There are probably bird nests in the middle of it. LOL! No kidding, I found a couple in my plants last year when I harvested. Hahaha.

The Kali Mist cross is much more open and lanky, despite it almost being orb-like in shape:

picture.php

Another rare relatively smoke free weekend for the closeup:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Hello my friends ! :)

Here's a bud of each Bango (Agent Orange x Congo) x Bangi Haze phenos.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I made an exception to my "cookies only" diet and sampled the #1 today. It was just excellent ! :dance013:

The plant was left to hang for 5 days and the sample was finished on the warm fluo's ballast for a first assessment.

After an average hit, the quality of the high was among the 5 most noticeable ones i ever had.

I was barely able to withstand the first 20 mn rush to the head, and relieved when it evolved into a super clear, electric and positively energetic high that lasted for more than 4 hours. The come down was unexpectedly clean, especially considering the intensity of the trip. I only wish the lovely BH terps hadn't been lost in the cross but, if not for that, i just don't know what more i could expect from a strain.

I wish all of you brothers an excellent week end ! :tiphat:

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Yet another picture of my SAGE x Bangi Wicked cross (LOL):
picture.php

As previously said, this is going to pollinate Nanan Bouclou. I am also using the pollen to seed a cutting of Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed I saved from last summer's outdoor garden:
picture.php

Here is the mother of the cutting in all her glory last summer:
picture.php

T.B.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I made cuttings of the SAGE x Bangi Wicked male, and the Kali Mist x Bangi Wicked.

Can you tell which one has the S.E. Asian heritage and which one has the Mexican heritage?

1.)

picture.php

2.)
picture.php

Best,

ThaiBliss

herbgreen

Veteran
1 is mexican.......2 is SE Asian!

I like this organic approach to getting where your going with this

very interesting

You find some interesting things in sage seeds lately or still the old cutting...?

seems like a valuable one

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I like this organic approach to getting where your going with this

very interesting
I'm breeding my way to what I want by leveraging other people's work. I'm using hybrids that do not have couch-lock and old school sativa traits come through with regard to the high. These are like 5 in 100. Most do hybrids I do not like, but they are necessary for where I live.
You find some interesting things in sage seeds lately or still the old cutting...?

seems like a valuable one
I spent over a decade hoping for something better than the SAGE cutting without luck. I finally decided to start looking at the children of it. I was goaded on by finding cleaner, clearer, and more energetic early ones in Bangi Haze and Nanan Bouclou. The SAGE cut is trippier. The triple values of Bangi Haze and Nanan Bouclou is just too good. Should be great breeders to SAGE. This male SAGE cross stood out for aroma and other sativa traits. It has low myrcene, and strong citric and pine.

ThaiBliss

herbgreen

Veteran
I'm breeding my way to what I want by leveraging other people's work. I'm using hybrids that do not have couch-lock and old school sativa traits come through with regard to the high. These are like 5 in 100. Most do hybrids I do not like, but they are necessary for where I live.

I spent over a decade hoping for something better than the SAGE cutting without luck. I finally decided to start looking at the children of it. I was goaded on by finding cleaner, clearer, and more energetic early ones in Bangi Haze and Nanan Bouclou. The SAGE cut is trippier. The triple values of Bangi Haze and Nanan Bouclou is just too good. Should be great breeders to SAGE. This male SAGE cross stood out for aroma and other sativa traits. It has low myrcene, and strong citric and pine.

ThaiBliss

ThanksThai,

always the best

Reminds me of gooeybreeder somewhat with the wicked weed youve created using many strains

Its always in the best smoke

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Kali Mist Cross: Tangerine Tea!

Dang! The aroma is blowing me away. I LOVE this:
picture.php

Still no real buds. My other plants have genuine buds now. The others ripen about mid October. I hope for real buds by next weekend on this Tangerine Cream Thai Tea plant. Maybe we will have stellar late October weather.
:dunno:

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Here is a picture of my SAGE x Bangi Wicked cross. It may have thin leaves, but it has some cojones:
picture.php

The Kali Mist Bangi Wicked cross is starting to get some real buds, but only at the very top of the plant. They are too high to get a good picture of:
picture.php

picture.php

Down lower, at the 6 or 7 foot level, they are not yet getting any knots:
picture.php

l don't care if the buds are small because dynamite comes in small packages. I think small airy buds are why the Thai started a habit of wrapping trimmed up flowers onto sticks. It may also have been a way to measure small amounts. They knew they had something extremely potent and valuable.

I do need them to ripen little earlier, at the very least. I'm getting worried. I hope the weather is good enough in late October to allow a good sample of what the high is likely to be.

ThaiBliss

Latest posts

Latest posts