What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I sampled a Sage 4 bud this morning and quite enjoyed the high :) No heaviness here, the afghan heritage just gave some roundness. High duration was under 3 hours but the bud was dried in 24... I think this pheno could be really interesting for the Search with better growing conditions. Going to cut it tomorrow though, before the sooty mould starts to affect the crystallized bud leaves... Too bad this pheno is the most reluctant cloner of the batch...

Sage 4, day 45
View Image

The Sage 7 was put in 11/13 10 days after her siblings as she was late from a stunted germination... Although she's not as frosty, her bud formation reminds me a lot of an excellent pheno i found on my first run with this strain.
Very fast. At only 35 days she already looks done. I mean, not like she could be in drier parts of the world but at the point where things usually start going downhill here... Only white pistils left are the ones on the pic :)
I hadn't taken any clone before flowering her cause she was the most indica looking pheno of the batch. Now i'm glad i cut and reveged a 3 weeks old bud... We never know... ;)

Sage 7, day 35 bud close up
View Image
so what is the tast like. Does it tast anything like sage smells? It looks great.

Sticky Sat

Thanks a lot #1cheesebuds ! :)

Actually, all 6 female phenos had pleasant spicy smells and tastes but none really sage like.
The name stands for Sativa Afghani Genetic Equibrium.... ;)
Have to say it's still a headache to decide which one to keep but, although the 4 was very good, the 3 and the 7 were the best ones. From a sativa lover point of view i mean... ;)

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I was just down in the garden watering. I rubbed my fingers on the Kali Mist x Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed plant. It smells like orange marmalade with a touch of pine. There is only one plant with a similar smell that I have grown. It was Gypsy Thai x Mullumbimby Madness x Neville's Haze. It is such a beautiful delicate plant. No sign of flowering, but pistils are showing near the growing meristems.
:dance013:

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow when the smoke from the fires clear out.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Smoke didn't clear out today, but got a picture anyway:
picture.php

For scale, those are 10 foot posts driven in 6 to 8 inches into the ground.

Digging that plant, the aroma, and the fact that it's ancestry has S.E. Asian, Cambodian. Thai Stick and other strains of the area were the best type of high I smoked in my life, by far. The closest I've ever successfully grown to that were:

1.) A special Neville's Haze freak pheno.
2.) Thai (seeds from loose pack buds, the last time I ever got Thai buds)
3.) Kali Mist (mother of this plant)

It seems to be gathering up at the top, were I cannot reach to look closely.
:yay:

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Beautiful plant ThaiBliss ! Her genetics sounds like a dream come true... :)
I hope it will rain soon to help putting out these fires...
Peace.

Sticky Sat

Hello brothers ! :)

The Bangos, day 39. Starting to thicken a bit. Like the O mother (Agent Orange x Congo), they have almost no smell unless they're touched.
A dozen of new Bangos have been flipped yesterday so there's hope to get a male and start BXing the O soon.

B1
attachment.php

B2
attachment.php

Cheers !:tiphat:

X

xavier7995

Greetings,

2.) Thai (seeds from loose pack buds, the last time I ever got Thai buds)

ThaiBliss

How far back was that? I got some weed sold as loose/broken up thai sticks in 94 or so. I was a kid so my recollection might be tinged with nostalgia, but it was the best weed i had ever seen then and stayed in that 1st place until i went to Amsterdam. Stuff was brown and a quarter oz nearly filled a ziploc bag. Not often i see mention of loose thai buds. That weed is why i now seek out thai based genetics.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
How far back was that? I got some weed sold as loose/broken up thai sticks in 94 or so. I was a kid so my recollection might be tinged with nostalgia, but it was the best weed i had ever seen then and stayed in that 1st place until i went to Amsterdam. Stuff was brown and a quarter oz nearly filled a ziploc bag. Not often i see mention of loose thai buds. That weed is why i now seek out thai based genetics.
I think that was within a year or two of 1982. It was also brown. It was heavy, compressed, and full of seeds. It was every bit as good as the beautifully wrapped brown and green nearly seedless sticks. I also encountered gold sticks, as gold as Colombian Gold. All quality and potency was very similar.

I did come across Buddha Sticks. They were very very good, and less speedy/edgy, but not as potent. The old Thai Sticks were breath taking. I needed to concentrate on deep regular slow breathing to maintain control. Quite the adrenaline rush for the first hour or so. Blissful for the next 5 hours. Maybe just so happy to have survived the initial rush. LOL!

igrowone

Veteran
... The old Thai Sticks were breath taking. I needed to concentrate on deep regular slow breathing to maintain control. Quite the adrenaline rush for the first hour or so. Blissful for the next 5 hours. Maybe just so happy to have survived the initial rush. LOL!

very useful description
had a NL#5 pheno that was precisely that effect
suspected thai influences, thing took 12+ weeks of flower to mature
wasn't a fan of the rush, but loved what came after

ThaiBliss

Veteran
igrowone,

I've come to love the initial rush. Yes, it's disconcerting and scary, but I've never seen anything nearly as good as the rest of the high without it. Any chance you saved a clone of that? It is rare to see that effect survive a cross. I've seen it happen in a rare Neville's Haze pheno and there is a slight touch in a select Kali Mist a friend gave me.

I've got the early, cerebral, and blissful genes now that I want to use on it if I find it again. Nanan Bouclou and Bangi Haze are worthy mates for something like that. I'm blending them with SAGE and Kali Mist while I wait until I find it again. I'll be ready next time.

T.B.

igrowone

Veteran
igrowone,

I've come to love the initial rush. Yes, it's disconcerting and scary, but I've never seen anything nearly as good as the rest of the high without it. Any chance you saved a clone of that? It is rare to see that effect survive a cross. I've seen it happen in a rare Neville's Haze pheno and there is a slight touch in a select Kali Mist a friend gave me.

I've got the early, cerebral, and blissful genes now that I want to use on it if I find it again. Nanan Bouclou and Bangi Haze are worthy mates for something like that. I'm blending them with SAGE and Kali Mist while I wait until I find it again. I'll be ready next time.

T.B.

i did learn to deal with the rush, which is why i did keep a clone for a few years
but had to let it go(sorry), its trichomes didn't amber in any reasonable time, they slowly turned into a clear yellow color, bit like honey
doing another grow from the same seed line, but it's obviously quite different from the other
that's how it goes, though i did make a cross from it, untried as of yet

Sticky Sat

Hello brothers ! :)

You make us drool with the strains and highs you describe... ;-)

More modestly, here's a few pics of this run, one Bangi Haze pheno and 3 Sage phenos.

BH
attachment.php

Sage 3
attachment.php

Sage 2
attachment.php

Sage 1
attachment.php

Peace :tiphat:

Attachments

• BH 8-18.jpg
    BH 8-18.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Sage 3, 8-18.jpg
    Sage 3, 8-18.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Sage 2, 8-18.jpg
    Sage 2, 8-18.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Sage 1, 8-18.jpg
    Sage 1, 8-18.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 29

ThaiBliss

Veteran
i did learn to deal with the rush, which is why i did keep a clone for a few years
but had to let it go(sorry), its trichomes didn't amber in any reasonable time, they slowly turned into a clear yellow color, bit like honey
doing another grow from the same seed line, but it's obviously quite different from the other
that's how it goes, though i did make a cross from it, untried as of yet
What did you cross it with, if you don't mind me asking?

igrowone

Veteran
What did you cross it with, if you don't mind me asking?

a nirvana california orange
had such high hopes years ago for these strains
but the cali-o had changed from what nirvana used to sell
nice tasting but too stoney(fuzzy head), think it had a skunk lineage
but i do have an empty grow chamber waiting, maybe time to try 'em

ThaiBliss

Veteran
a nirvana california orange
had such high hopes years ago for these strains
but the cali-o had changed from what nirvana used to sell
nice tasting but too stoney(fuzzy head), think it had a skunk lineage
but i do have an empty grow chamber waiting, maybe time to try 'em
Thanks for all the information. I appreciate it.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I'd love to see your Sage line crossed back to big Sur hollweed/bud. Thaibliss didn't you make a similar cross?
I have a plan for that. If my SAGE x Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed is male, I'm making a lot of Nanan Bouclou x (SAGE x Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed) seeds. I have Big Sur Holy Weed x (Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed) that I'll bring together with it. I may get the Kali Mist x (Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed) x (SAGE x Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed) in there also. My SAGE cross seeds will be used repeatedly until an early version pops that is similar in high to the SAGE mother. I may try line breeding for a while if many start looking good. It may take many years, but I have nothing to better to do until I find something significantly better. SAGE has held it's own for many years before I decided to infuse the genetics thoroughly.

T.B.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
...its trichomes didn't amber in any reasonable time, they slowly turned into a clear yellow color...
I have seen that in the Thai I have grown, as well as some other strains. More often than not, my best plants of all time had resin like that. I always thought of it as clear piss yellow. A really good sign.

igrowone

Veteran
I have seen that in the Thai I have grown, as well as some other strains. More often than not, my best plants of all time had resin like that. I always thought of it as clear piss yellow. A really good sign.

much thanks for that info
drove me nuts trying to figure out what the hell i was growing
found a some experiences here and there that had similar experiences
feedback seemed to indicate a tropical origin for the trait

archaicatoms

I have a plan for that. If my SAGE x Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed is male, I'm making a lot of Nanan Bouclou x (SAGE x Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed) seeds. I have Big Sur Holy Weed x (Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed) that I'll bring together with it. I may get the Kali Mist x (Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed) x (SAGE x Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed) in there also. My SAGE cross seeds will be used repeatedly until an early version pops that is similar in high to the SAGE mother. I may try line breeding for a while if many start looking good. It may take many years, but I have nothing to better to do until I find something significantly better. SAGE has held it's own for many years before I decided to infuse the genetics thoroughly.

T.B.
That's right I remember now. Thank you:)

Latest posts

Latest posts