What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Search for Trip Weed

Sticky Sat

Hello brothers ! :)

Sage #5's been hanging in the ceiling for 10 windy days...

Smells is complex but mostly fruity sweet, very sticky to the touch.
Well balanced potent uplifting sativa high lasts about 3 hours before a relaxed and pleasantly euphoric landing.
She's been pollinated with the Bangi Haze male. The cross should be interesting... ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Have a nice week my friends ! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Aute 9-18.jpg
    Aute 9-18.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Sage 5,  9-18.jpg
    Sage 5, 9-18.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Sage 5 small bud close 9-18.jpg
    Sage 5 small bud close 9-18.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 26

therevverend

Veteran
I'm curious about when your Kali Mist was from. I got some seeds as a freebie a few years back and I wasn't impressed. It was good pot but fairly generic. I've heard the heyday for the strain was the early 2000's.

Sticky Sat

Thanks a lot for the kind words TB ! :) I thought the very same thing when i first discovered your thread... ;) Never had the chance to grow the Kali mist though... You sure made me want to, but, as Thereverend said, i know from friends who did from lately acquired seeds that it wasn't up to the famed early version...
Cheers brothers ! :tiphat:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I'm curious about when your Kali Mist was from. I got some seeds as a freebie a few years back and I wasn't impressed. It was good pot but fairly generic. I've heard the heyday for the strain was the early 2000's.
Hi Rev...,

I heard pre-98 was really good, then it went south for some years because of a loss of a male plant used for breeding, and a desire to make it easier to grow. Due to people lamenting the change, I heard that an attempt was made to restore the original quality through breeding with a cousin line or backcrossing to parents of the lost male. This was supposed to be successful to some extent, some thought even better. Sorry about my sketchy memory of the story I read.

This is the only Kali Mist I've tried. A friend saved a cutting from a long time ago, but not the pre-98. It may have been 2000 or early 2000s. All I know, from my personal test, is that this one is good. Another ICMAG-er IM-ed me the other day saying the cross I made with it looks like a pre-98 one he used for breeding. The friend who provided me with the cut has been trying to find a better individual through inbreeding for a long time and has not been successful. He came close, but after many grows, he decided his original cut is still better. He is very careful, has been able to save cuts for a long time, and does not make judgments lightly. I must say, the one I like the looks of and have been posting pictures of looks and smells more like Thai than the others or the original cut. It is powerfully citric, and much more sativa looking than the saved cut I received from my friend. Perhaps this cross with my Bangi Wicked line will bring the magic. I have lots of S.E. Asian in the genetic history of Wicked Weed.

If I had to choose only one, I'd prefer my SAGE cut to the Kali Mist cut due to the trippier profound nature of the SAGE cut high, in my opinion. I think my friend would prefer the Kali Mist cut. The particular Kali Mist cut has a high much more like Thai Stick and I LOVE that high also. I was thrilled to have it gifted to me. I really love the clean, clear, and energetic highs of Bangi Haze and Nanan Bouclou, but if the Kali Mist cut ripened as early as either of those, it would be a more important breeder for me. It is more like Thai and more potent than either of those. I wouldn't be testing the Kali Mist children if it did not bring something to the table.

If the Thai vibe comes through on this child or increases the potency of the Bangi Haze high, I'm going to use it to breed to the Neville's Haze seeds that did not seem to breed well. Do a search on this thread about the Neville's Haze freak pheno that prompted me to start this thread. That plant was the best weed I ever smoked. It was very much like Thai Stick in the type of high, and in the potency. I think it was even better than Thai Stick because of how trippy it was. It had a psilocybin/LSD type of phase shift of consciousness, and was even more euphoric after the mighty intense and scary peak of the high. One second, I was barely buzzed, the next second, high as heck, then it shot me higher like a 30 minute adrenaline rush rocket launch (Thai Stick part). I'm not sure if those seeds will even sprout anymore. It has been 15+ years.

ThaiBliss

Sticky Sat

Let's cross fingers for these Neville's Haze seeds to germinate brother ! :) Should be fine, the Sage seeds were F2 from 2003 ;)

Bud formation of 2 new Bango phenos. There's a third one but the picture was too blurry...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bango 3, 9-18.jpg
    Bango 3, 9-18.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Bango 4, 9-18.jpg
    Bango 4, 9-18.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 27

Sticky Sat

Wow...! Well brother, i'd be very happy too !!! :biggrin:

These girls are huge, healthy and absolutely lovely with their still delicate but promising sativa buds... Great job my friend ! :)

An excellent week end to all ! :tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Phew, what a thread! Impressive! :tiphat: Still reading…

Is funny how cannabis works… screws short-term memory, but sometimes allows you to fetch things deeply into it you wasn't even aware of.

While reading the thread, I remembered back in my teens, one of my first times smoking "Marihuana" while living in Tenerife (Canary Islands), mid eighties.

I didn't dig "commercial hash" (available almost behind every stone in Southern Spain) as it invariably induced disphoria to me.

I had a really potent trip, visual and auditory hallucinations, out of body experience, even diaphragm ache do to the hard laughing... that sealed my love for green.

Buds were grown from seeds someone's uncle (sailor) brought from "nearby" Mauritania, could it be Mauritius? I recall seeing the plant and was definitely a wild sativa.

Ethiopian is the one that more closely reminds me of her.

I recall I thought it was actually leaf what was smoked in "Marihuana", as the buds were mostly sugar leaf & hairs… what one would call "larf".

Bardo Eagle

Mauritania is not really close to Mauritius,maybe 5000 km lol, only a joke caballero,but I smoked some pretty strong sativa in Canary Island,maybe not as strong like some mysterious "trash" from Africa,you know :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
lol mental lapsus stoneae… :biggrin:

:yes: Bardo Eagle

Now that you say it, yes… can't recall nothing remotely indica looking back then, that's why for me cannabis = sativa or NLD since.

Remember also but never saw it, dunno if urban-legend, named like "matambre" or matahombre? rumor said it were like 6-8m tall, wild Canary Islands landrace that never died on the cultivar, only got "chopped" by storms. Smell said to be rotten meat, and said to sent smokers straight to uncosciusness or it was madness? for hours.

Was a featherweight back since, if I'd took a single zamaldelica hit back then it would have sent me straight into a disphoria universe for a day… so my greeness back them should be factored in for the extremely trippy effect but enjoyable experience, I don't think it was that powerful.

I found that "unicorn weed", not in the trippy visuals, but similar level on auditory perception, expansive effect and joy on a pre-2000 purple striped Kali Mist on 2008. Lost the mom (divorce).

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Phew, what a thread! Impressive! :tiphat: Still reading…
Thanks for the positive vibes! Yes, it is epic (long). LOL.
Is funny how cannabis works… screws short-term memory, but sometimes allows you to fetch things deeply into it you wasn't even aware of.

While reading the thread, I remembered back in my teens, one of my first times smoking "Marihuana" while living in Tenerife (Canary Islands), mid eighties.

I didn't dig "commercial hash" (available almost behind every stone in Southern Spain) as it invariably induced disphoria to me.

I had a really potent trip, visual and auditory hallucinations, out of body experience, even diaphragm ache do to the hard laughing... that sealed my love for green.
"diaphragm ache do to the hard laughing..."
Trip Weed! :)
Buds were grown from seeds someone's uncle (sailor) brought from "nearby" Mauritania, could it be Mauritius? I recall seeing the plant and was definitely a wild sativa.

Ethiopian is the one that more closely reminds me of her.

I recall I thought it was actually leaf what was smoked in "Marihuana", as the buds were mostly sugar leaf & hairs… what one would call "larf".
I believe I have some Ethiopian crossed with something. I need to try them.

Thanks for the trip weed stories!

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I found that "unicorn weed", not in the trippy visuals, but similar level on auditory perception, expansive effect and joy on a pre-2000 purple striped Kali Mist on 2008. Lost the mom (divorce).
Sorry about the loss of the Kali Mist. Thanks for jazzing me up on hopes that my Kali Mist cross might be good. I liked the KM mom very much, but this looks and smells very different. It's way more like S.E. Asian. I have high hopes!

This is the fun of pollen chucking. Stuff just pops out. I know about Mendel and all that, but I don't think it is so simple. Maybe it is simple when large datasets are observed. To me, I see a tendency for genetics to want to reassemble themselves to line bred ancestors. For example, Kali Mist is partially Cambodian. Now I have been mostly using S.E. Asian crosses into my project for decades. I also have been adding anything I think is really good. All in all, I would be surprised if the genetics are more than 12.5% S.E. Asian. Yet, I have crossed Kali Mist to it, and this one that pops out from a small sample looks and smells like a pure S.E. Asian line. Could I be so lucky that the high will resemble Cambodian or Thai? Luck is a factor. But I have seen this before, and it is throwing off my concept of Mendelian theory.

T.B.

Sticky Sat

Hello brothers ! :)

Nature has been changing so fast for so long and in reactions to so many stimuli that i also doubt Mendel's law is enough to sum all there is to know...

A little update on the new Bangos bud developpment approaching week 4.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheers ! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Bango # 3, 9-18.jpg
    Bango # 3, 9-18.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 30
  • Bango # 4, 9-18.jpg
    Bango # 4, 9-18.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Bango # 5, 9-18.jpg
    Bango # 5, 9-18.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Wow… that girl is resinous! Bangi Haze is on my list…

Thinking on getting a breeders pack of Kali China, to search for that Kali...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Just found a really interesting link provided by Montuno regarding Canary Islands Sativa Landraces! https://www.cannabisonline.es/foro/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=862 the name is "Matamigos" (Friendkiller)… looks no urban legend! though I had all the info mixed up…

This is a Timanfaya, a Giant local by Alex LMN (DEP):
attachment.php

I think what I may have smoked as a teen could have been Sativa Rubia, if that was available in mid eighties… wow would love trying them!

Now I understand why I grow with this sativa specific love, I think it gets soaked by every chicharrero (locals)!

Attachments

• file.php.jpeg
    file.php.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Latest posts