What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Time for a bit of Madness! - I remember meeting Suggs and the band next door to The Mabuhay Gardens (where I worked security briefly) on Broadway San Francisco. - playing pinball with them before the gig - must have been around 79/80 - a great bunch of lads - 'Our 🏠 House' -

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
As much as I have zero regrets about the substances I've run through my body and enjoyed the experiences I've had with them, I would say to you that is not a bad thing Unca. Yes, psychedelics can be a life altering experience, but it's not always for the good. From the little bit of interaction we get to share here, I believe you already have an in depth and tuned in way about you.

There is something to be said about staying innocent and true to oneself.
Kind of you to say so, @Sun&Soil -- but I believe it is just the "world" I grew up in.

My father was strict and loving. His busted leg prevented him from being in the military -- but as for the rest of all the males I knew:

Brother Clayton (10 years older) USAF
Uncle Irv: P-51 Pilot (shot down in Prague -- funny story)
Uncle Harry: 1st Infantry Div. Omaha Beach
Uncle Ed: Commanded Regiment of Marines at Iwo Jima

I never saw a negro until I traveled somewhat. There simply were nothing but white folks -- all schools and towns.

There were no locks on our doors. Nor any neighbor's.

So if you look at that "pedigree" above, you can see all my relatives and those I knew were what a space alien would consider a weird breed:

Honest, never cheat or steal (ugh! even thinking about it!) and loyal. BUT! <-- and it is a huge "BUT" -- every single one I knew would (or did) kill a human(s) in a heartbeat and not worry about it.

Weird dichotomy, when you thinks onnit. Innit? You guys see me as innocent. And in a way, I am the non-innocent one.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
gut has it's moments, mostly feeling pretty poorly but I'm trying to push thru the pain...Bosco got out and he's history, most likely my fuck head neighbors roasted him last week,,,he left a trail to their property...
I've got an opportunity to buy an excellent condition H&R 45-70 in excellent condition...has anyone here ever fired such a best...was a buffalo gun from what I've read...
OOOOOHH OOOOOOHHH

Here's what American Rifleman reported. They loved it.

Unca Walt

420club
I’m right handed and had surgery on my right shoulder four years ago. I broke a bone, tore my rotator cuff and ripped the muscle that holds
the bicep up my arm. I sold all my 12 gauge shotguns because of the amount of damage it was doing to my shoulder. I have read that this rifle has less of a kick than a 12 gauge shotgun, but looking at the size of the casing, I don’t know how it can be true
Ohshit. Don't shoot it, brother. Or get sumbody to shoot it once and give you an idea of the kick to see if it is reasonable.

"A man has to know his limitations."

That ain't hyperbole. I did the six weeks of shoulder in a giant sling thing for rotator shoulder... so I know for double-certain since you've done it, too that caution is not cowardice.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I been looking for you guys everywhere for months. Nobody I ever felt brave enough to ask, would give me a straight answer as to where every one went. I don't care what happened. Holy Cow I Missed You Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's me, Bugus Monkey...

Welcome aboard Bugus! Sorry, didn't know you were looking.
OOOOOHH OOOOOOHHH

Here's what American Rifleman reported. They loved it.
@Boo! Do you have the 1871 45-70 rifle or the 1995 reproduction of the 1871 "Buffalo" rifle?

Unca Walt

420club
yeah, you guys got me thinking, I sure don't need another broken part on me...I think I'll have a buddy shoot it and see how bad it bothers him...my clavicle has 2 speed bumps on it...both doctors couldn't seem to butt to butt the bones...it's not a bother, just looks funny...
Ah.

This is whut hoppens when you try to catch up around here.

Here I yam, hollering for @Boo to avoid crushing hisself with a new toy, and the whole gang was ahead of me.

Good final outcome (so far). If I could travel, I'd be banging on his door begging to lemme shoot it. And the .40. And them others...

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Mostly cloudy today with showers, starting at 45F and predicted to reach 57F.

We got all five of the furnaces serviced, replacing only one condenser, which I cleverly had in stock. The furnace that Area Heating & Cooling rated as old and in poor condition, the new company rated as in very good condition, as they weren't posturing to sell us a new furnace.

Gym this morning and then off to have my teeth cleaned.

Trying out Meloxicam for my lower back, but alas it does nothing for it, though my hips may be better this morning. Vee vil zee....................

Unca Walt

420club
Trying out Meloxicam for my lower back, but alas it does nothing for it, though my hips may be better this morning.
@Gray Wolf -- I just want to be sure you are aware. MySonTheDoctor warned me about the meloxicam I was taking (no longer do).

In my case, constipation. Coupled with increased appetite, heartburn, and indigestion. Wasn't worth it to me, so I stopped.

MickeyMice

Good morning GW. Today's high 48, tonight's low 28 currently a balmy 42 in the Jungles of Illinois. Got a real important court date this morning for the fosters. I actually have to get up and say something. Practiced and researched stuff all yesterday and through the night. The system is a failure. Enough said.

I was kind of warned in a round about way, don't ask don't tell, so I just kept my mouth shut. Coffee and pinch hitters for everyone this AM, I'm buying. Sort of feel like a kid on Christmas morning... Well mixed in with a tinge of tenseness over a court appearance in a couple hours. At least I'm not the one in trouble.... Hopefully.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Gray Wolf -- I just want to be sure you are aware. MySonTheDoctor warned me about the meloxicam I was taking (no longer do).

In my case, constipation. Coupled with increased appetite, heartburn, and indigestion. Wasn't worth it to me, so I stopped.
Thanks for the heads-up brother! I've also heard from users who suffered severe internal bleeding, so am watching it closely.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning GW. Today's high 48, tonight's low 28 currently a balmy 42 in the Jungles of Illinois. Got a real important court date this morning for the fosters. I actually have to get up and say something. Practiced and researched stuff all yesterday and through the night. The system is a failure. Enough said.

I was kind of warned in a round about way, don't ask don't tell, so I just kept my mouth shut. Coffee and pinch hitters for everyone this AM, I'm buying. Sort of feel like a kid on Christmas morning... Well mixed in with a tinge of tenseness over a court appearance in a couple hours. At least I'm not the one in trouble.... Hopefully.
Good morning brother MM and best of luck with your court date!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Talking of shoulder rotator cuff injuries - but not from firing elephant guns 😑 - I've suffered for years with this sort of nagging pain - from weight training - and talking to alot of the guys and gals at the gym 🏋️‍♂️ - it's probably the most common ailment most of us have - so I have to tailor make my workouts these day's to try and not exacerbate this sports injury - no more upright rows or horizontal push-ups - no more shoulder presses or weighted rear deltoid exercises too - best to work shoulders in the pool with high reps - using the water as the resistance - and increasing the intensity/speed of movement - till it starts to hurt a bit then backing off - and slowing 🐌 down - to be able to work side/front and rear deltoid (shoulder) muscles - without making the injury any worse - but still being able to work the shoulder area - so increasing the blood supply to the area - which helps me manage the injury a bit better -

If you don't have a pool to work in - this lady physiotherapist has some good advice and movements you can do at home -

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Talking of shoulder rotator cuff injuries - but not from firing elephant guns 😑 - I've suffered for years with this sort of nagging pain - from weight training - and talking to alot of the guys and gals at the gym 🏋️‍♂️ - it's probably the most common ailment most of us have - so I have to tailor make my workouts these day's to try and not exacerbate this sports injury - no more upright rows or horizontal push-ups - no more shoulder presses or weighted rear deltoid exercises too - best to work shoulders in the pool with high reps - using the water as the resistance - and increasing the intensity/speed of movement - till it starts to hurt a bit then backing off - and slowing 🐌 down - to be able to work side/front and rear deltoid (shoulder) muscles - without making the injury any worse - but still being able to work the shoulder area - so increasing the blood supply to the area - which helps me manage the injury a bit better -

If you don't have a pool to work in - this lady physiotherapist has some good advice and movements you can do at home -

Alas, I've had that repair once on my right side and torn that cuff twice. The first in a bike accident and the second time trying to unscrew a 2" NPT fitting in the field fitting with a pipe wrench and 16" Crescent, that previously installed with a vice and 24" Crescent.

The second time, I felt it pop and didn't want to go through the surgery again, so tormented it as little as possible and let it heal on its own, which took a couple of years.

I had surgery on the other shoulder to decompress and debride it after it started locking up, as well as minor cuff repair while they were there.

At age 80 my upper body workout at the gym is limited to keeping everything operating, so I use the machines instead of free weights. I also reduced the weight enough that I could do 20 reps vis a vis 10 on each of the machines.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

Glad you made it and good luck!
Shoulder pain keeps me rolling all night long.
Cant sleep on my back or belly.........laying down hurts.
Much more comfortable for me to lean back in a recliner.
The irony for a lazy motherfucker like myself is rich.
😆

oldfogey8

I been looking for you guys everywhere for months. Nobody I ever felt brave enough to ask, would give me a straight answer as to where every one went. I don't care what happened. Holy Cow I Missed You Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's me, Bugus Monkey...

Welcome Monkey. It sure is quiet ‘over there’ since the fall out.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you made it and good luck!
Shoulder pain keeps me rolling all night long.
Cant sleep on my back or belly.........laying down hurts.
Much more comfortable for me to lean back in a recliner.
The irony for a lazy motherfucker like myself is rich.
😆
Commiseration brother! My lower back keeps me from sleeping on my back or stomach and if I lie around too much on my sides, my shoulder will start to ache on one side and my hip on the other. That is usually the point that I take Ibuprofen and Tylenol so that I can sleep.

OleReynard

Giddy as a little gurl, I am.
2 models showing over 16" coming in of snow, that's just the first one.
Second one they're not saying to helluva lot about........yet.
Starting tomorrow.
Must get to the PO today and part with.
@Boo you want to play with big guns I got a San Marcos o/u 10ga
That'll certainly rock your world and I can guarantee ya there won't be nothing left standing between it and what your shooting at.

I leased a piece of property that coon hunters would smuggle in on, I found out who was doing it.
Called him out on it I told him I catch him in there I'm kicking the fuck out of ya and leaving ya to rot.
He's says I carry a gun I says ya so I've got a 10ga waiting to be shot, ill take my odds my 10ga over your 22.
Never had another problem

Last edited: