What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Betcha Subies swooning over that good looking uke player😊☝️
Thats a mandolin but the banjo player was kinda cute I gotta say
IMG_0657.jpeg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I’m sure a kick in the cooch would not be fun.

I had a great day. It’s me and Mr Subs birthday weekend getaway. Our birthdays are just a couple days apart so we usually plan something fun together . We had a great day just having fun. He woke me up singing “when I’m 64” 💕💕

had pretty doughnuts waiting at the coffee pot too and a sweet card then a nice shrimp lunch and a daybuzz on beer and cannabis. Came home and revived with cold brew coffee and packed up clothes and cannabis arsenal for the overnighter to see Sam Bush at the Floyd General Store tomorrow night. Now got to call in a Marcos pizza which topped off the evening. Watching the race and eating Marcos. And my inline filter was delivered by the cutest Amazon guy. What more could a girl ask for 🥰🥰

humm… maybe cake?🤪

hope y’all had a sweet day too 🥰✌️

Well then, Happy Birthday getaway to the two of you. :happybirthday:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240922_193846_7.jpg

Stunning this evening.
Got the pillars back up with 1\2" anchor bolts on the bottoms and 4" framing screws on top.
Can swing on them like stripper poles now and they don't budge.

HempKat

Veteran
Thanks. I read some NIH stuff on it that suggested it has efficacy for some symptoms but after the last four years, I am skeptical of NIH literature. Web MD has stuff on it as well. I am just looking for people on here that might have some experience with it. I will watch those videos too but I am watching the Salty Cracker podcast now. If you haven’t watched the guy, check him out on Rumble. He sees stuff kinda like I do though he sounds insane. Does that mean I am too?😂
For what it's worth, decades ago the US Government had about a dozen or so people who had legal prescriptions for Cannabis. According to his own testimony Montel Williams (a one time popular talk show host) was one of those lucky few and he got his Cannabis for treating MS. According to what he said (if memory serves me correctly) every month he would get a can with 30 or so pre-rolled joints from the US government. I don't recall him describing the effectiveness of the treatment but I do recall that he was a very enthusiastic supporter of Medical Marijuana back before MMJ became much of a thing in the country. I haven't heard him talk about it in some time, in fact I'm not even sure if he's still alive but if he was actively treating his MS with medical marijuana at the time he was promoting it, then it seemed to allow him to live a fairly normal and active life.

HempKat

Veteran
I have a neurological disorder. After watching a couple of those videos, I am thinking I maybe need to look into using more of my own. I do have a friend that had epilepsy and smoked a lot of weed. I can’t say if it helped him but was with him during an epileptic fit so I know it does not completely ward off fits. I never spoke to him about if it helped but he did say at the time that his doctors told him he should avoid cannabis. That was in the year 2000 though so that may have changed. Thanks for finding the videos for me. I am going to head down a new rabbit hole.😁
There should be lots of information available on the successful treatment of Epilepsy using Cannabis but most of what I've seen and heard was about using it for treating children. Apparently the effectiveness of it is strain dependent with the best results coming from strains with high CBD content. There was a story that circulated alot about a young girl named Charlotte. She used to have constant swizues (like over 100 per day I think?) that made it impossible to have anything like a normal life. Her paarents tried everything the doctors would prescribe but nothing really seemed to work. The Mother whoever was determined to find a solution and looked around for anything and verything that might help. Eventually the mother got ahold of some unknown cannabis deom which she made an oil extract so she could give it to her daughter (who was around 6 at the time) via a dropper. When she first tried this extract she made within minutes Charlottes reaction was miraculous in that the near constant seizures went from 100+ per day down to about 6 per day. She tried other strains but had less success. She eventually tracked down where the Cannabis that worked so well came from. It was grown by a dispensary supplier in Colorado. Turns out that the strain had a very low THC content but a very high CBD content. The growers were about ready to sto[ growing it because it wasn't popular in the dispensaries since it had almost no high to it. Before the growers stop Charlottes Mother found the growers and bought up all they had left and told the grower about the miraculous effect it had on her daughter Charlotte. This was enough to convince the growers to not give up on it and so they continued to grow it and started marketing it to the dispensaries as an effective treatment for preventing epileptic seizures. In honor of the girl who it worked so well for they named the strain Charlotte's Web. Charlotte's family lived quite a way aways from Colorado that it was impractical to keep going out to Colorado to resupply but it was so effffective that the family decided to relocate to Colorado just to have easy access to it. As the word got out how effective it was for epilepsy more parents with epileptic children began demanding the strain.

Now the story I got alll that information from pretty much ended there but it is a true story and the strain Charlotte's Web as far as I know is still cultivated and distributed to this day. The story itself is rather inspiring in my opinion and if you ever see the video version of it that shows Charlotte before and after treatment, it's very compelling. The reason I shared the story though wasn't so much meant to inspire as it is meant to stress the importance of getting the right strain to treat the right illness.

Cannabis can be very effective for various diseases specially nuerological ones but not all strains work for all diseases. Part of what made Charlotte's Web soo appealing to Charlotte's parents was not only was it efffective but do to it's low THC content it gave them a way to treat their daughter effectively without having to cause her to be all wasted from the effects of THC. The problem with there being very little knowledge of what chemical composition is most effective for the treatment of various illnesses is the direct result of the prohibition against Cannabis that kept it as a schedule 1 substance. This prevented much research from being done since one of the main qualifications for schedule one is that a substance has littlee to no known medical value. Hopefuly now that the US Government is switching it to schedule 3 there will be a lot more research done going forward and hopefully will learn of more strains that can treat more diseases?

Latest posts

Latest posts