What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
How long can you stand in the stream Pute ? .. couldn't you make a one pole seat that hangs and folds just by standing .. just asking

Put down lemon thai bk1, vietchink, maui wowie, viet black x G13/bw, pbc x ts, and a few pineapple thai and pineapple kush seeds into outdoor nursery today .. soil and sun

All thanks to good colorado soul and a norcal family member , ... fyi my camera is broken while in the state of texas .. it is wot it is

also deleted mud puddle account today

You don't fly fish sitting down silly rabbit! Lawn chairs are for bait fishermen.

fish-fishing.gif

OleReynard

I decided to buy the gun today because of the condition of it. It was built in 1940 according to the serial number and it’s almost flawless. I’ve got to do a little bit of research as far as what kind of loads I want in the ammo. View attachment 18975669
Yep that's what they're single shot shotguns are modeled after or vice versa, that bitch is gonna kick the shit out of you. Be careful my friend

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I’m right handed and had surgery on my right shoulder four years ago. I broke a bone, tore my rotator cuff and ripped the muscle that holds
the bicep up my arm. I sold all my 12 gauge shotguns because of the amount of damage it was doing to my shoulder. I have read that this rifle has less of a kick than a 12 gauge shotgun, but looking at the size of the casing, I don’t know how it can be true

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m right handed and had surgery on my right shoulder four years ago. I broke a bone, tore my rotator cuff and ripped the muscle that holds
the bicep up my arm. I sold all my 12 gauge shotguns because of the amount of damage it was doing to my shoulder. I have read that this rifle has less of a kick than a 12 gauge shotgun, but looking at the size of the casing, I don’t know how it can be true
I wouldn't shoot anything beyond standard 45-70 Govt loads in a break action. It puts out a 405 grain bullet at 1330 fps, for 1600 ft/lbs energy.

Some of the new 45-70 ammo uses a 300 grain bullet at 2350, for 3678 ft/lbs energy.

The H&R looks pretty light, and the Siamese Mauser is a relatively light rifle as well. It had a sharp kick about like 30-06 in a similar sporting weight rifle with 45-70 GVT ammo and was punishing shooting maximum loads at 51KSI chamber pressure.

What hurts you is not the free recoil, but the velocity of the recoil, so going to a heavier rifle makes a big difference in reducing recoil velocity.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
How long can you stand in the stream Pute ? .. couldn't you make a one pole seat that hangs and folds just by standing .. just asking

Put down lemon thai bk1, vietchink, maui wowie, viet black x G13/bw, pbc x ts, and a few pineapple thai and pineapple kush seeds into outdoor nursery today .. soil and sun

All thanks to good colorado soul and a norcal family member , ... fyi my camera is broken while in the state of texas .. it is wot it is

also deleted mud puddle account today

boy howdy that will be epic….

i hope you start a grow thread

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I wouldn't shoot anything beyond standard 45-70 Govt loads in a break action. It puts out a 405 grain bullet at 1330 fps, for 1600 ft/lbs energy.

Some of the new 45-70 ammo uses a 300 grain bullet at 2350, for 3678 ft/lbs energy.

The H&R looks pretty light, and the Siamese Mauser is a relatively light rifle as well. It had a sharp kick about like 30-06 in a similar sporting weight rifle with 45-70 GVT ammo and was punishing shooting maximum loads at 51KSI chamber pressure.

What hurts you is not the free recoil, but the velocity of the recoil, so going to a heavier rifle makes a big difference in reducing recoil velocity.
The deal changed when I called the guy and told him I was on my way over. He said he’d rather have 2 ounces of flowers than my money, and I was real happy about that. I thought the gun was rather lightweight considering the caliber and yes, I think the gun needs about another 5 pounds of weight to absorb some of that recoil, I wonder if I get a lighter load of powder I would assume it would have less kick to it. I see the average charge at 410 grains and then I see lighter loads at 310 grains. I’m thinking that might be the ticket for me.

OleReynard

That 45-70 is something else might have a kick of single shot 12ga 3 1/2" mag but not an auto where somes of its absorbed moving the action.

I made the mistake of getting a 20ga ss H&R for my son after 5 shots which I had to force him to make and feel absolutely sorry to this day.
He was crying from the recoil so I thought ok thought he was joshing.
I picked it up shot the damn thing once was enough for me and these were just light field loads.
I've shot 10ga sxs with less fuckin recoil.
Unless you got shock absorbers built into the butt stock, I Seriously Wouldn't

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Maybe I need to send it to my buddy Dog and see what kind of damage it does to him before I try to shoot it… from what I’ve read, it’s a fairly sought after gun and one article I saw, said it could take down just about any living creature on the planet. I don’t think I’ll be killing any animals with it but I may be taking it out to my range outback and seeing if I could suffer through it… I’m not a big heavy man, so I’m thinking this thing just might knock me over

Latest posts

Latest posts