What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

Welcome to our little slice of paradise Joe. Glad you like the place.

Have a lady bringing by another cat later today as Kevin needs a playmate. I have been using a service called Petfinder. I like it because the cats are kept in foster homes vs a shelter. I think they get better care there and aren't as traumatized as a shelter cat.

She is actually bringing two females....Whitney and Grace.....this is gonna be interesting. Glad this is happening today as I will be trimming tomorrow ans the house will smell like pot.
We had always had male cats. No issues with them getting along. When we have brought home new ones, it would take a while for them to warm up to one another but they always have(as dog said, they act weird for a while/month/months). Then we adopted 2 feral female kittens(probably 4 or 5 weeks old). They were ok for a while but the feral never left them. They are territorial and attack the slider when they see our favorite cat, Dennis, waiting to come in. They HATE Dennis. They are like trying to pick up water when I try to pick them up. I can’t get them into a pet carrier without bleeding so they don’t go to the vet. They also stink sometimes. Their coats are coarse and cause my wife to sneeze. I don’t know if all their faults are because they are female or they were feral but we will never get female cats again. As a bonus, one got crystals in her urine so now they get fed special food. We thought we were doing the right thing by adopting them but no good deed goes unpunished. I’d recommend getting another male cat. Ours like to hunt outside together. The girls are strictly indoor cats(by their own choice)…

jokerman

Premium user
Both very h
Morning all.
Therapy today, he's got me back lifting now again.
Got flower beds semi ready, time for mulch.
Going to Menards gonna have them palletize for tomorrow p/u. Spread mulch tomorrow.
All you can eat bluegills tonight.
Theyre gonna go broke not eating sides this time, lol.
Weds and rest of this week look to be shit, lake is now open behind the cabin.
Couple weeks be time for dock to go in.
Ever have your dog put his arm across your shoulders? View attachment 18968774
Both very handsome

jokerman

Premium user
Well shucky darn. Mrs Pute was doing laundry and a piece of plastic broke on the lid......Called the repairman and said it would be $600 or more to fix. Plus had to order parts.....2 to 3 weeks to get the part. Fk that....only 5 years old.

Off to the appliance store for a new one. Everything today is junk. Planned obsolesce.....Piece of fargin plastic.....
FFS !

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Are you sure that you are drinking enough fluids and not dehydrated. That will lower your BP.
Take care
Kevin
I do my best to drink a gallon a day, so I’m not thinking it’s hydration, but I’ve never given that any thought so I’ll keep that in mind
Morning all.
Therapy today, he's got me back lifting now again.
Got flower beds semi ready, time for mulch.
Going to Menards gonna have them palletize for tomorrow p/u. Spread mulch tomorrow.
All you can eat bluegills tonight.
Theyre gonna go broke not eating sides this time, lol.
Weds and rest of this week look to be shit, lake is now open behind the cabin.
Couple weeks be time for dock to go in.
Ever have your dog put his arm across your shoulders? View attachment 18968774
dogs do that to show that they feel that they own their master. It’s truly a sign of affection and I am sure that you’re just thrilled that your dog does it. Both Ivan and Dutch like to put their paws on me. I was working with Ivan earlier today, and having him perform a stay command for me. He did so while the Amazon truck pulled up and he didn’t flinch when the driver got out so for his reward, I had him get into the truck to sniff around… we really don’t deserve dogs

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
348988118_2464990340346011_1586175885682204462_n.jpg

jokerman

Premium user
Well shucky darn. Mrs Pute was doing laundry and a piece of plastic broke on the lid......Called the repairman and said it would be $600 or more to fix. Plus had to order parts.....2 to 3 weeks to get the part. Fk that....only 5 years old.

Off to the appliance store for a new one. Everything today is junk. Planned obsolesce.....Piece of fargin plastic.....
Do you think perhaps Mrs Pute is a little rough on her machine and maybe, perhaps you should take over the task ?
Big asked me to ask you ☝️
It wasnt my idea 🙄

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Big time lurker here. I've been following along for the ride since this fun, could give a shit, and heartwarming thead started. Thanks.

Putembk

I used this site to fix my washer. Pretty comprehensive. At the least, you can figure out your model and part number and go from there. .https://www.repairclinic.com/

hey Joe welcome aboard!..

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I only had one cat that didn’t work out. The shelter folks talked me into adopting an older cat. He stayed in our bathtub until the trial period was about over and I traded him for a younger cat. He was scared to death of my cat. Must have had a bad life prior to coming to my place. I also had two dogs and told them that a younger cat would would out better.. I don’t think it matters if it’s a boy or girl. Every cat is a bit different. I have a male and female now and their best friends most of the time.

jokerman

Premium user

Flies​

A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter. "What are you doing?" She asked. "Hunting Flies" He responded. "Oh. Killing any?" She asked. "Yep, 3 males, 2 Females," he replied. Intrigued, she asked. "How can you tell?" He responded, "3 were on a beer can, 2 were on the phone.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
If I had my way, I would have a few donkeys and other larger farm animals but Ivan is too aggressive with animals and he would not tolerate it. Yesterday, one of the piglets got out of the pen, and Ivan saw it, and he was heading towards dinner time until I told him to stop. he did and I was very proud of him for doing so.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

Washer that lasts 5 years is prolly normal. Sad. My first washer dryer set lasted 20 years and I got it off the street Someone was getting rid of it and I scored. I have GE appliances now. So far they are ok