What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
So the scuttlebutt this morning is they're actually going to move me today. I'll believe it when I see it, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. My legs crossed my unmentionables crossed. Dealing with new people all around Oliver at the VA. Brandy here at Keck medical. Between them they seem to have gotten some action going and all we're waiting for now is securing transport for me since it has to be ambulance grade or better. 23 days I've been in here. I've dropped 20 lb that I really couldn't afford to lose.

Their menu computer crashed so they just sent up food for breakfast. One tiny little pancake two very tasteless and skinny sausage patties coffee which I haven't had a cup of since 1975 oatmeal which I probably had last in 1976. Mixed fruit cup which I don't think I've ever had. And 1% milk. Heavy cream, half and half sure 1% milk ?. That's just colored water.
I hope for your sake it ends up being worth it to you, them making you wait all that time for their shiny new spinal care facility. Maybe they got some fancy new tech that will get you all fixed up in a jiff? At this point though I'm guessing you'll be happy just for the change of scenary?

Last edited:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I've had ablation done to my lower back 3 times and it only lasts a few months before I feel the burn in my spine...you learn to deal with it...
They (the doctors) claim that the more often you get it done the longer it takes for the nerves to grow back and therefore the relief lasts longer. 've only had it done twice, the first time it worked for about one month,, this last time it worked for about two months. I'll be happy in a few years if it keeps doubling like that everytime. I doubt it will though.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

Grilled Cheese with pickles is pretty good only bacon or ham would make it better.......
😆
Good day to you dogzter, I agree ham or bacon would knock it up a notch but 2 days a week we eat meals without meat, that would be Tue. and Thur.

Otherwise, I would probably be putting some ham on there and enjoying every bite. Lip smakin good.

I had 2 kinds of pickles, garlic dill and sweet pickles. Had some olives as well.

Hope you just glide right through your day:)

dogzter

Drapetomaniac

Good day to you dogzter, I agree ham or bacon would knock it up a notch but 2 days a week we eat meals without meat, that would be Tue. and Thur.

Otherwise, I would probably be putting some ham on there and enjoying every bite. Lip smakin good.

I had 2 kinds of pickles, garlic dill and sweet pickles. Had some olives as well.

Hope you just glide right through your day:)
Thank you and you as well!
Gonna grill some chicken and burgers then hide from the sun the rest of the day.
😆

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Happy late morning. Gotta to to an appointment today. Clear across town. It's at one so hopefully I can avoid rush hour. However rush hour seems to last all day anymore.

I don't particularly like rap but Kid Rock did a great job last night. Not bad for a white boy. Ha ha.

Clouds have move in and it sure cooled things down. Nice break from the heat wave that settled into the area days ago.

My daughter and son in law lucked out they didn't cancel their flight. From what I hear airports are a mess from this internet outage. I am glad as we don't have to run to their house and take care of the cats twice daily.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

It isn't just grisly, it shows the male gentilia that the bear carefully avoided while eating most of both legs.

You are absolutely right. The rounds bounced off his skull.

Frima facia evidence suggests that bouncing the rounds off the bears skull did not pacify it, scare it, or dissuade it for sure.

In 1965 I built a 300 Win Mag on a 1917 Enfield action to hunt Kodiak in Alaska and changed my mind after talking to my flight instructor, who was formerly a guide from there.

He told me a story about a Kodiak that the hunter emptied his 300 Win Mag into starting at 100 yards, and it still mauled the hunter before his companion killed it with a Winchester Model 1886 lever action 45-70 close up.

The trip fell through, and I sold the 300 WM, after which I switched to 458 Win Mag for large game.
Hello and good day to you GW. A fellow I know who hunts elk every year likes 300 WM for taking down elk.

Alaska what a grand state that is, a feast for the eyes.

here is a smile and a wave from BC😊✋🏻

oldmaninbc

Good Morning Old Man .
I was speaking to the rep of the chicken union and he said that was a common misconception.
He said we lose some many chickens every day of the year.
" So many chickens ,in so little time" : unknown advocate for chickens
jokerman, your humor is like a breath of fresh air in the morning, it puts a smile on my face and I have the medic handy in case I start to choke on my coffee and toast.

Next time your looking upwards give thanks to those chickens who have gone before us.

Latest posts

Latest posts