What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Irene is not a fan of the tuba

nor the bassoon

now the contrabassoon , that is another story

IMG_9217.jpeg

this is more my style

IMG_7401.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do it…we’re all adults…😉
It isn't just grisly, it shows the male gentilia that the bear carefully avoided while eating most of both legs.
I would use it on myself before I shot that monster with a 38........wouldn't even make a dent in that skull.
You are absolutely right. The rounds bounced off his skull.
You got that right, a 38 would make the angry bear even angrier.

I kind of recall back east where I grew up when the police switched from 38s to 9mm. Apparently when the police were trying to stop an escaping criminal, their 38s wouldn't stop the escapee when they tried shooting him through the cars windshield. That's kind of the way I remember it.
Frima facia evidence suggests that bouncing the rounds off the bears skull did not pacify it, scare it, or dissuade it for sure.

In 1965 I built a 300 Win Mag on a 1917 Enfield action to hunt Kodiak in Alaska and changed my mind after talking to my flight instructor, who was formerly a guide from there.

He told me a story about a Kodiak that the hunter emptied his 300 Win Mag into starting at 100 yards, and it still mauled the hunter before his companion killed it with a Winchester Model 1886 lever action 45-70 close up.

The trip fell through, and I sold the 300 WM, after which I switched to 458 Win Mag for large game.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
got tired my shit my local ford dealer and went out of town after talking to the service mgr...got there and he, the HD suspension guy, and the mechanic...took 2 hours but they now know exactly what to order...I bent the 1 ton punkin and axle tubes along with the spring on 1 side...about 6K for the repairs and parts are ordered...nice guys, even giving me a new F150 as a loaner while my truck is being repaired...he gave me the truck as he is a dog guy...came home and began wrenching on my big mower, the back told me to go inside and finish tomorrow...a good day...hope all are well and watching the next president acceptance speech...the Donald seems to have mellowed out after the SS betrayal...

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
6.24am - here in what once was Great Britain 🇬🇧 - someone needs to make it great again - lol 😆

Forecast to be 30C today - I think that's around mid 80'sF - without having to look at the conversion chart - so should be the hottest day of the year so far - got me shorts on anyway - was up twice last night briefly to pee - and once because my son woke me up for snoring - so I turned over on the sofa - and wasn't snoring no more 😑 -

Looks like the 2 in a pot Zamaldelica's are just coming into flower 🌼 - can see tiny white hairs on them - on my little balcony - gym day today - and have arranged to meet my new friend John in the swimming pool there - who is 87 years old and used to play drums for Matt Monro - who was a famous singer back in the 60's - then John got into music publishing and made a mint - John is also a Karate Sensei (teacher) - and I've been teaching him some aqua exercises in the pool using a flotation noodle/woggle - he has a wealth of interesting history and stories from his past - so do I - and we engage in hours of telling them to each other - on the phone and in the pool - I seem to find older people much more interesting to talk to than the youngsters -
Here is one of Matt Monro's biggest hits - 'Born Free' - which was the theme tune to a great movie about Lions in Africa in 1966 -

Last edited:

cola

6.24am - here in what once was Great Britain 🇬🇧 - someone needs to make it great again - lol 😆

Forecast to be 30C today - I think that's around mid 80'sF - without having to look at the conversion chart - so should be the hottest day of the year so far - go me shorts on anyway - was up twice last night briefly to pee - and once because my son woke me up for snoring - so I turned over on the sofa - and wasn't snoring no more 😑 -

Looks like the 2 in a pot Zamaldelica's are just coming into flower 🌼 - can see tiny white hairs on them - on my little balcony - gym day today - and have arranged to meet my new friend John in the swimming pool there - who is 87 years old and used to play drums for Matt Monro - who was a famous singer back in the 60's - then John got into music publishing and made a mint - John is also a Karate Sensei (teacher) - and I've been teaching him some aqua exercises in the pool using a flotation noodle/woggle - he has a wealth of interesting history and stories from his past - so do I - and we engage in hours of telling them to each other - on the phone and in the pool - I seem to find older people much more interesting to talk to than the youngsters -
Here is one of Matt Monro's biggest hits - 'Born Free' - which was the theme tune to a great movie about Lions in Africa in 1966 -

Dian Fossey: The woman who lived with gorillas

Another courageous sort who gave her life in the service of animals. Some of which appear more civil than humans:

Last edited: