What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hard rain

At lest read what i post and be honest about what i post if your going to call me on something .

So what pure Land race / heirloom lines do ace offer ?.
Hempy, I posted this info in my first reply to you less than an hour ago (post #6108). You obviously didn't read it. Off the top of my head ACE have Ethiopian, Honduras, and their Nepal Annaupurna, that are all land race.
EDIT; from the ACE site under Honduras for example "A new Central American pure landrace sativa from Honduras that our team has recently reproduced."

All I was doing was correcting some misinformation about ACE. I have no idea why you took this as a personal attack, but I've got better things to do than deal with this weirdness.
I will leave the thread alone.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Let me answer

They ace seam to have in stock
Malawi /Honduras /Moroccan/Wailing Valley/Urgam Valley/Siberian Rudelaris/Rasol/

Parvati/ Pakistan Chitral Kush/North Indian Red Stem/

Nepal Annapurna/Baramulla/

Urgam Valley/

So yes they do now stock what seams to be pure lines and that is nice to see.

So what are they like ?.

The Indian sat is what would interest me

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
^^^
Oldtimer's Haze

They don't get more heirloom than that. Possibly older than both Original Haze '85 and Haze A and C.

Go read the Old Vic archives in there you will find plenty of posts from Oldtimer1 and one were he calls his strain and unknown sativa he was growing posi haze .You will also find the post from the Guy that got the Unknown sativa and then named it the Ot1haze at CW.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Ace does not offer pure landraces. Dig on hempy all you want he is correct in this matter. Ace offers selected heirlooms multiple generations past actual landraces and have always done so. You cannot accurately call them landrace. Ace breeds for commercial use and viability. Not for preservation. In preservation you keep everything. That is not the case with Ace. You cannot accurately call their F5s, 7s, etc landraces because they are not.

Yes you do and your aim is to keep the uniqueness that makes that plant special to biggin with.

Nexus7

Go read the Old Vic archives in there you will find plenty of posts from Oldtimer1 and one were he calls his strain and unknown sativa he was growing posi haze .You will also find the post from the Guy that got the Unknown sativa and then named it the Ot1haze at CW.

So you're saying OTH is actually selection of Positronics Haze?

Interesting theory ...

I see THH which was derived from Posi Haze also has purple types but it's a different type of purple isn't it?

I think Tom got a little Purple#1xHaze mixed in there somehow.

Would be nice if OT1 was still around to answer some questions about the "Haze" that bears his handle.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
TH selected and bred his Hz more to the Thai side.
OTHz looks different compared to THHz.OTHz is more Colombian imo.Bluehemp did have PosHz also in their seedstock.

picture.php

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Let me answer

They ace seam to have in stock
Malawi /Honduras /Moroccan/Wailing Valley/Urgam Valley/Siberian Rudelaris/Rasol/

Parvati/ Pakistan Chitral Kush/North Indian Red Stem/

Nepal Annapurna/Baramulla/

Urgam Valley/

So yes they do now stock what seams to be pure lines and that is nice to see.

So what are they like ?.

The Indian sat is what would interest me

Actually what you're looking is Indian ganja grown in Kerala or what is also interesting Rajasthan.

picture.php

herbgreen

Veteran
I think you nailed it ...I did not spray anything on this plant..She hermi???

ahh shit man, run the cut and see if you can beat it...

I bet you can!

I think might be alright (not this plant) but thats bananas not balls

I would give a try hopefully took the cuts in veg but whatever

Best of luck :ying:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So you're saying OTH is actually selection of Positronics Haze?

Interesting theory ...

I see THH which was derived from Posi Haze also has purple types but it's a different type of purple isn't it?

I think Tom got a little Purple#1xHaze mixed in there somehow.

Would be nice if OT1 was still around to answer some questions about the "Haze" that bears his handle.

No what i posted was Ot1 grew haze from Positronics and you will find were he gave away an Unknown sativa that later become what is called Ot1 haze.

William76

Alrite guys!,bad news on the herm star,I'd still run a cut or 2 as suggested just in case!,if not ill hit u up when I make f4s.alrite hammer,not seen u for a bit,still messing with that glue?wot about pure African sats?would u try them?,nowt wrong with hammers polys.the o haze is one of the biggest and best polys around.76

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ahh shit man, run the cut and see if you can beat it...

I bet you can!

I think might be alright (not this plant) but thats bananas not balls

I would give a try hopefully took the cuts in veg but whatever

Best of luck :ying:

BTW you can also pick up an original version of C-99 @ kwik seeds

not now...its out right now but sounds pretty good!

https://kwikseeds.com/product/cinderella99-cindy99-c99-strain-cannabis-seeds/

Alrite guys!,bad news on the herm star,I'd still run a cut or 2 as suggested just in case!,if not ill hit u up when I make f4s.alrite hammer,not seen u for a bit,still messing with that glue?wot about pure African sats?would u try them?,nowt wrong with hammers polys.the o haze is one of the biggest and best polys around.76

Did I miss out on their C 99? .I was waiting for them to get in stock ..I kept asking about it he said wait and then I slept for the last couple weeks ...I hope I did not miss out on them..In regards to the super silver haze I had the same thoughts I’m definitely going to keep going with her separately in a different room and also I’m going to run the clones because maybe they will stabilize:)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’ll be interesting to see what this plant is does ...also I deafly will be able to enjoy her products because I can extract the whole thing if necessary and enjoy it that way...

F2F

Are they selling pure un hybridized versions of these lines ?.

The listings seem to indicate they are unhybridized @Hempy.

However, I stand corrected in mistaken nomenclature. Indeed true landrace means the seed comes from original population. As another pointed out, some are clearly put through selection outside the sourced site - so not TRUE landrace. Other lines they don’t directly say but I suspect they are also selected from the original landrace population.

Heirlooms they do have, but most are hybridized.

I think this is still relevant to the haze discussion as some in this thread believe Asian and south/central American genetics are in haze. Probably many are chasing these Ace lines as a way to recreate haze.

Cheers to all. Healthy discussion is good!
F2F

hellfire

The newer offerings Ace has of some Indian, Middle East and Asian varities come from primarily the Indian Landrace Exchange. The instagram account fullpowerselections vends via email.

ngakpa has an interesting post I will try to dig up. He contends many of these 'varieties' from different valleys and areas are more like different phenotypic expressions and not actually seperate lines.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Nierika/Supernatural Selections (Bodhi’s company) also has plenty of unworked landrace seed. After having grown some of their Zipolite Oaxacan, I can see why some growers don’t want to bother with landrace seed...they are, imho, only for the most dedicated cannabis growers who have both the time and space to run decent numbers.

I’d rather run worked varieties as I just don’t have the time/space to do a proper pheno hunt. If I had more room and didn’t have to work for a living, Nierika is one of the first places I’d look for landrace seed.

Sux about the herm, star crash. I’d do as others here have recommended and run the clones. I seem to remember shanti saying something about the clones having less intersex tendencies...but I don’t know. I think the genes are just lying in wait...even in the clone stock. Still would be worth a shot though.

HB.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone tried seeds from Indian Heirloom? He has some Pure Lao Thai 2019 seed crop I'm interested in. He has Lots of landrace seeds

T

TakenByTheSky

here Is the F3 ‘97 super silver haze currently Is it my imagination or something strange going on?View Image View Image View Image

Is it just a few nanners here and there? I mean me personally since that plant is so nice I would just pick them off and watch to see if they come back before I do anything drastic. They could be stress related, too high of nutes, heat etc... Who knows.

A few stray seeds ain't a bad thing, most elite plants have come from bagseed accidents

Status
Not open for further replies.