What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea,I planted 4 or 5 and got 1 seedling and 1 popped,the other 3 same happened as you,the seed shells are that tough.im just back to it after about 2 yrs so I didn't hav all the bits and pieces I normally would hav when I germinated them.im just waiting on a delivery now with superthrive,liquid oxygen etc.when I pop the other 7(which will be soon)I'll hav everything I need for it.did u find out anymore about them?,all I know is they're legit,97 ssh made by toxic hippy gear.their was a pack of first release mr nice nevs haze(yellow pack)at the auction that day,13 seeds in it,I went back for it a little after I'd got the ssh and it was gone,kicking myself now,76
:party:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I took your original response as growing 1 plant for 40 years. Id go nuts without variety. :smoke out:. No matter how good any plant is Id be unsatisfied with only 1 plant. Id like to find a 1 off haze, A 1 off Indica and many excellent Hybrids of ea :D.. I don't reject anything without trying it. Your missing so much with that mind set.

How can you preserve a line growing out one plant ?.

My mind sets fine i know what i like and i wont get that from growing out indicas.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The original silver pearl x haze was really nice hempy...it was quite uplifting calm and kind type sativa high.....you feel beautiful almost like silver vapours drawing in to your body...looked more sativa than most 5haze too...beautiful flowery incense scent to it...bit sweeter than most of the c hybrids....it was strong but not In a aggressive way

(Recomendation) i really think you should try some of sams stuff I think you'll like the direction sam goes for in his work

I plan on growing out some Ohaze in the future i want to see how Todd's reproduction work turns out.

The problem i see with whats out there is they have all been heavily inbreed at lest with Todd's we know the seed that came from Sam have only been inbreed once since leaving his fridge.

dramamine

I plan on growing out some Ohaze in the future i want to see how Todd's reproduction work turns out.

The problem i see with whats out there is they have all been heavily inbreed at lest with Todd's we know the seed that came from Sam have only been inbreed once since leaving his fridge.

How inbred was haze when Sam got ahold of it? Quite a lot, if I remember right.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
How inbred was haze when Sam got ahold of it? Quite a lot, if I remember right.

Well that one needs to be answeard by Sam mate but what we do know is from the point it arrived in Holland to now the Haze offered along with basically most things have changed greatly in Holland.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How can you preserve a line growing out one plant ?.

My mind sets fine i know what i like and i wont get that from growing out indicas.

Can you say inbreeding lol :D. Its an awesome way to preserve genetics.:)

Its cool , its your decision to to be closed minded. Cannabis is diverse I enjoy it all.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Can you say inbreeding lol :D. Its an awesome way to preserve genetics.:)

Its cool , its your decision to to be closed minded. Cannabis is diverse I enjoy it all.

My minds not closed and it is not uncommon to find plant lines in peoples collections here that are from the 70s.

I have grown and smoked plenty of indicas i don't like or enjoy them but i was willing to try them.

Land Races / Heirloom genetics are what every ones looking for and i think its sad you some how think preserving and growing quality old school sativas is some how a waste of time.

Have you ever grown pure stable lines and how many have you preserved ?.

We are not talking hybrids here Hammer were inbreeding them often results in poor outcomes.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My minds not closed and it is not uncommon to find plant lines in peoples collections here that are from the 70s.

I have grown and smoked plenty of indicas i don't like or enjoy them but i was willing to try them.

Land Races / Heirloom genetics are what every ones looking for and i think its sad you some how think preserving and growing quality old school sativas is some how a waste of time.

Have you ever grown pure stable lines and how many have you preserved ?.

We are not talking hybrids here Hammer were inbreeding them often results in poor outcomes.

Ive not found any poor outcomes from inbreeding. Some of my best keepers where from inbreeding. Most of what I make/grow are poly's.

Yes, I have grown Pure Sat lines. Unfortunately Ive not found any keepers. I found allot of hay. I dont have allot of space. My flwoer room is 10 x 12. It sucks putting in 6 months of time and end up with hay. Ive not given up. Im still looking.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Ive not found any poor outcomes from inbreeding. Some of my best keepers where from inbreeding. Most of what I make/grow are poly's.

Yes, I have grown Pure Sat lines. Unfortunately Ive not found any keepers. I found allot of hay. I dont have allot of space. My flwoer room is 10 x 12. It sucks putting in 6 months of time and end up with hay. Ive not given up. Im still looking.

I have grown land races /heirloom lines from day 1 if the smoke is good it stays like that year after year. No reason to preserve things that are not quality to biggin with makes no seance.

Poly hybrids are far from stable you grow out 10 or 20 seed and you select to find a good keeper in some lines you are guaranteed to find something nice in other lines all your getting a nice ornament only.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have grown land races /heirloom lines from day 1 if the smoke is good it stays like that year after year. No reason to preserve things that are not quality to biggin with makes no seance.

Poly hybrids are far from stable you grow out 10 or 20 seed and you select to find a good keeper in some lines you are guaranteed to find something nice in other lines all your getting a nice ornament only.

You must have bad luck. No issues with intersex problems in my polys.

Ive not had any issues with finding quality in my seeds. There all good. I'm never satisfied, I'm always trying to make something better.
Quality is in the eye of the beholder.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
You must have bad luck. No issues with intersex problems in my polys.

Ive not had any issues with finding quality in my seeds. There all good. I'm never satisfied, I'm always trying to make something better.
Quality is in the eye of the beholder.

Your the guy that has not grown or found a quality pure sativa Hammer so no your the unlucky one.

How are poly hybrids stable and i have yet to find any hybrid strain that threw out consistent plants of equal quality.That is why people run clones.

Were you ever a used car sales man ?.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your the guy that has not grown or found a quality pure sativa Hammer so no your the unlucky one.

How are poly hybrids stable and i have yet to find any hybrid strain that threw out consistent plants of equal quality.That is why people run clones.

Were you ever a used car sales man ?.

LOL, Im not the only 1. I told ya a grew them I guess you missed that part lol. Finding keepers in Pure Sat has always been much harder for many. Most will be trash. Its why I lost interest years ago.. Im still waiting to try someone Sat keeper that I would like. I don't think its unlucky to have polys that I think are better that pure sats. Its all subjective. You speak in absolutes all the time. People are different. I prob wouldn't like what you think is quality. I tossed my Destroyer, SSH. Kali Mist keepers years ago. My polys are so much better. My kali Mist was pretty good. She won Serious seeds pic contest. Unfortunately I lost all those pics when ICM got rid of there old gallery.

You seem to forget My kind of quality isn't the same as yours. Having a discussion with you is like talking to a wall. You are not me. I'm telling you my experience making polys. It's your bad luck having unstable polys. Its obvious you don't like anything but Haze. Its the end al be all weed for you. That's fine. IMO that makes you closed minded. There's plenty of high quality cannabis that's not haze. You've decided none are worth growing or smoking, that's fine as well. Most don't have those same feelings. The quality of the plants back in the 80s im referring to came from polys.

As for my carrier before I retied.. I was a systems Engineer at Intel. No clue how the hell asking me about used car sales is relevant. It def shows us how your brain functions lol. :)

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
LOL, Im not the only 1. Finding keepers in Sat is has always been much harder for many. Its why I lost interest years ago.. Im still waiting to try someone Sat keeper that I would like. I don't think its unlucky to have polys that I think are better that pure sats. Its all subjective. You speak in absolutes all the time. People are different. I prob wouldn't like what you think is quality. I tossed my Destroyer, SSH. Kali Mist keepers years ago. My polys are so much better. My kali Mist was pretty good. She won Serious seeds pic contest. Unfortunately I lost all those pics when ICM got rid of there old gallery.

You seem to forget My kind of quality isn't the same as yours. Having a discussion with you is like talking to a wall. You are not me. I'm telling you my experience making polys. It's your bad luck having unstable polys. Its obvious you don't like anything but Haze. Its the end al be all weed for you. That's fine. IMO that makes you closed minded. There's plenty of high quality cannabis that's not haze. You've decided none are worth growing or smoking, that's fine as well. Most don't have those same feelings.

As for my carrier before I retied.. I was a systems Engineer at Intel. No clue how the hell asking me about used car sales is relevant. It def shows us how your brain functions lol. :)

Hammer have your read what you are posting it makes no seance.

You assume your plants and the stranded of quality you smoke is higher than that of what i smoke or grow that a lone is stupid childish.

I posted and said many here are still growing things that were collected in the 70s and preserved the lines.

Your responses that followed are odd weird have you read what your posting ?.

You make and grow poly hybrids good for you but to think they are stable and throw out consistent quality plants is a bit of stretch.

Clearly by what you posted you have yet to grow and smoke a good sativa but you should not give up the quest.

OldCoolSativa

I'm telling you my experience making polys. It's your bad luck having unstable polys. Its obvious you don't like anything but Haze. Its the end al be all weed for you. That's fine. IMO that makes you closed minded. There's plenty of high quality cannabis that's not haze. You've decided none are worth growing or smoking, that's fine as well. Most don't have those same feelings. The quality of the plants back in the 80s im referring to came from polys.

Dude, this is the haze discussion thread.

HorseBadoritiz

G day Horse

Back to play some more ?

I would join in , but if you can`t even construct a basic sentence you prolly need to do some more lessons in how to write in English .

So I won`t take up any more of your time , because we know how important it is to have a good handle on grammar and be at least able to construct a proper sentence if we are gonna try and troll .

Shout out to Sisyphus lol .
First to admit I'm not much of a speeler, you got me ouch:tiphat:
Hard to play with someone who doesn't get the diff between speeling and grahmer. That would just plain be taking advantage. I understand you not joining in.

How do feel about non-English speakers towing your line?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here Is the F3 ‘97 super silver haze currently Is it my imagination or something strange going on?
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
You make and grow poly hybrids good for you but to think they are stable and throw out consistent quality plants is a bit of stretch.

Clearly by what you posted you have yet to grow and smoke a good sativa but you should not give up the quest.

I would like to know which available sativa lines would you recommend that throw consistent quality plants?

My sativa experience is also mostly hay with some interesting terps I would rate as B quality at best. And usually find a few with quality enough sativa highs to keep me searching for that one I consider top shelf.

One thing I noticed. Very often the bho from hay sativa phenos is tastier than bho from almost anything else. And usually with great high.

Status
Not open for further replies.