What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
May the circle be unbroken .
By and by , lord , by and by .

It could certainly be done . And mid summer in the strongest sun available if you knew the correct technique .

I have flowered Haze hybrids mid summer with .... wait for it....
LIGHT DEP !!

I would put the plants that were in pots on a trolley and wheel them into a darkened room at 5PM . Bring them back out again at 8 30 PM when it was dark outside . Harvested in December when the days were long and hot .

What has that got to do with growing Cannabis sativas to maturity out doors in places like New York city were cold temps and snow is the problem ?. Using shade screens in green houses to flower plants early is nothing new.

Just encase you mist it.

Cannabis varieties react differently to cold, although below a median temperature of 12ºC they are universally at risk of death. As with water, which at higher temperature contains a lower concentration of dissolved oxygen, once the air cools to below 18-20ºC the plant's metabolism will slow down gradually and hinder or halt development.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here’s some of Sam’s skunk number one I grew out in New York
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
Didn’t smell anything like skunk it smelled very sweet actually it had a very good smell people liked it:)

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here is how I used to do light deprivation ...I would bring them in at 7 PM ....and then I would put them back out at 7 AM
picture.php
picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The Skunk look nice i wounder what Skunk i have because your ones still look a mix of Sat indica out doors as you would indoors.

The Skunk i have grows like a indica sat hybrid indoors max 4 oz dried a plant but grow them out doors they grow act like a sativa and yield huge.

My ones are not sweet smelling tho.

Nice work.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Skunk look nice i wounder what Skunk i have because your ones still look a mix of Sat indica out doors as you would indoors.

The Skunk i have grows like a indica sat hybrid indoors max 4 oz dried a plant but grow them out doors they grow act like a sativa and yield huge.

My ones are not sweet smelling tho.

Nice work.

hempy these ones were monsters ...they did not totally finish , they could have but i took them a bit early ...the seasons was a good one
smile.gif

Great looking tops there, what year was that from?

I believe this was the 2007 season ...it all went to the NYS harvest festival that year ...i rolled it all in fancy luggage on wheels ...the security guy was shocked:biggrin:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going to post some more pics ...hope U guys enjoy them...just a little diversion ... 2003 SSH >>> hazey pheno (i hope my female does THIS)

picture.php

14 foot Mako Haze (tallest marijuana plant i ever grew in my entire life) >>>

picture.php

Mako Haze x C99 >>>

picture.php

Mako Haze x C99 >>>

picture.php

Mako Haze x C99

picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a Mako Haze that i was actually able to finish ...it was a heavy & wide plant , but subtle strong branches ... i would use a large dolly to wheel her in a dark structure (total black) she need 14 hours of dark & 10 hours of light , or else she WOULD NOT perform ...this was excellent weed ...all peppery and heavy spice aromas
picture.php

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Great pics star what would you say was up there with the very best of the haze or haze hybrids or sativas you have grown out and smoked.

I know its hard to pick one but what would you call your all rounder.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great pics star what would you say was up there with the very best of the haze or haze hybrids or sativas you have grown out and smoked.

I know its hard to pick one but what would you call your all rounder.

It’s a very difficult question to answer because I like them tremendously and for very different reasons.. for example the super silver haze that I ended up keeping was ridiculously huge and the quality of the herb was amazingly good I felt like I had a mutant plant and I made a lot of money with her ..I held onto her for over five years but unfortunately I lost her and all my other genetics to an unfortunate incident involving the police but that’s a different story ...the simple truth is I have very little experience with Haze hybrid Other than mako haze & the super silver haze and ..the one cross that I made Mako x with C 99 and ...which was an incredible combination ...certainly no experience with original haze or pure haze ...But BELIVE me that I am a good enough and versatile grower that I’m pretty sure Ican do her justice ..also hempy you should know I’ve been around a long time I’m familiar with a lot of the old school weeds ...I smoked my fair share of Colombian back in the mid-70s ..I know what real Colombian is ...I also know What Jamaican is ...of course I know what commercial Mexican is ...it was shitty is what it was ..the very very best that I had was in 1980 and 1981 it was Thai weed we called it chocolate Thai or Buddha Thai..it came to the East Coast in vacuum packed kilo weights it was 10 times as expensive as everything else and the high was narcotic it was seriously strong BUT it was narcotic like ...not like what you guys are describing as the pure soaring sativa high ...so I always kind of wondered about that? the first sinsemilla was 1981..I got it sent out from the grower in Berkeley California ..it was big lime green colored birds with red pistols it was a very exotic thing In cost $200 an ounce which is completely unheard of because Colombian was going for $40 an ounce ...but it wasn’t that great..It worked and tasted a lot better but it wasn’t very potent ..the Colombian was stronger go figure...The Columbian came in reds browns and lighter shades of gold it was really fascinating weed... right now at this point in my life i want a real Haze!:peacock:Definitely smelled something phenomenal being blown out of the lungs of concert goers at some of the smaller clubs in New York City about 20 years ago

Last edited:

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
500 page milestone. Proud to say I have read every single post up until now.
There is good info to be found in this thread.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
What has that got to do with growing Cannabis sativas to maturity out doors in places like New York city were cold temps and snow is the problem ?. Using shade screens in green houses to flower plants early is nothing new.

Just encase you mist it.

Cannabis varieties react differently to cold, although below a median temperature of 12ºC they are universally at risk of death. As with water, which at higher temperature contains a lower concentration of dissolved oxygen, once the air cools to below 18-20ºC the plant's metabolism will slow down gradually and hinder or halt development.

Jeez below 20 deg eh ?
It gets a helluva lot colder than that in a lot of places where ganja thrives . At altitude it gets damn cold at night . In a desert climate the nights get very cold as well .

You got a sauce for that BS >?

G

Yeah , yeah , Nah !
That`s Nevil`s Haze I saw it in the advertising for Nevil`s Haze @ Mr Nice .

:moon: :laughing::biggrin:
Thats quite an interesting thing to claim. You should therefore be able to link to the advertising for us all to see unless your not correct. Pretty easy I would think. unless your really the shit stirring asswipe you seem more and more to be. If your correct I will say Im sorry and your right. But if not your a dick and at least I wont have to read your shit while your on ignore. So you bit it off, now chew it. IF not hopefully enough members add you to the ignore list your like a ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.