What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimpi Manis

Raco said/quoted:

"Abu Ali ,age 88 ,a Lebanese farmer from the Bekaa Valley ,was interviewed in 1986.He claims to be the the first to grow hashish plants in the Bekaa Valley (in 1935), from seeds smuggled from Indiainside of the walking stick of his friend Naif Ali Abbas (Favret and DeMulder 1986).Ii is very unlikely that hashish production came to the Bekaa Valley as late as 1935, but is not surprising that someone would bring an improved variety from India''

That was a very uplifting smiley quote. Great post my friend. Those guys were the business weren't they? Kind of our forebears in a way. But the shit we are still having to put up with? Essential service in California... will get you fucked up and your life ruined somehere else. Like here. Is anyone else just so over stupid people? Masses of them... and way too many of them in politics. But hell... your post cheered me up. Lj

PS: So those Bekka Valley strains may have come from around where White Widow originated? How long before people in this game in other places become known as innovators and visonaries? Instead of criminals... in the service of ignorance and ideology from you know who.

led05

Chasing The Present
NY...40.71 ºN

I grow at 43ºN... :joint:

NY is a state, NYC is a city... NYS is centered around the 43 N parallel too (state is 41-45th), but on the colder side of a continent vs say Western Europe or the West Coast of NA.....

Pure Haze is not finishing in the NE but Nevs Can.... I've finished plants in the finger lakes into early November a handful of years (very nice autumns), dating all the way back into the 90's..... fwiw....... ran some late ones outside around Chicago too, trick is finding the right spots near the water if you can......

Happy Times

Here is how I used to do light deprivation ...I would bring them in at 7 PM ....and then I would put them back out at 7 AMView Image View Image

That sure is a lot of moving plants back and forth! Did you do it just in the early season?

One nice thing about doing that is you are going to catch anything going on, getting a real good look at every lady on a regular basis.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I re looked at the MMx78Thia cross Nevil had made that i assume is at best an F2 or F3 being sold by BushWeed.

View Image

I found this interesting

MM x Thai 78 – Kangativa’s Mullumbimby Madness x Hempy’s 1978 Thai stick. This cross offers a glimpse into the 1970s when imported Thai sticks were blowing minds. Nevil kept this hybrid tight and considered it too valuable for the commercial market. The Thai 78 with its citrus scented habit of resinous, golden coloured flowers reminded Nevil of the original haze he sourced from Skunkman in the 80s. The Mullumbimby Madness is the perfect complement; a giant showcase sativa with strong branching and flowers of pine, green mango and hash. Expect vigorous, hardy plants that produce a soaring, ceiling-less high. Flowers 14 – 16 weeks.
yep its certainly not the same as the f1 , i grew both and the more recent one from bushy was full of hermies ,
though the weed was pretty good , just quite problematic to grow..

F2F

...But the shit we are still having to put up with? Essential service in California... will get you fucked up and your life ruined somehere else. Like here. Is anyone else just so over stupid people? Masses of them... and way too many of them in politics...

I got to thinking the other day how in many legal states require you to HIDE your plants from plain view of your neighbors.

Stigma. Taboo. People’s minds still need to change. Maybe it will improve in a generation or two? If the big business, politics, and $$$ haven’t killed this plant by then...

Sorry for the rant. I will keep the hope.

Peace
F2F

thepureskunk

both mns g13haze and ss nl5 haze have done ok for me outdoors uk,,testing a fast g13 haze x thunk cut this year ill post some pics if she makes it :tiphat:

That’s pretty impressive mate! You got a greenhouse?

Kali Mist:

This was seriously nice smoke, that had that classic hazey pepper like aroma. Needed 14 hour nights to finish as well if I remember correctly.

Peace :joint:

Canna-bill

Here is a term,, you can suck a dick asshole. Your an ass constantly stirring the turd regardless. Fuck your little colony of criminals. AND FYI I have actually gone crow hunting many times, easy target practice. You could just be a normal person but you enjoy being a dick. And I am pretty sure your on more ignore lists than you like since your the type who seeks and craves attention.

You are actually the one coming across as a bit of a dick here. You said if EB linked you to where a SSH is falsely representing NH you would apologise.

So if you are a man of your word apologise then put him on ignore. :thank you:

G

You are actually the one coming across as a bit of a dick here. You said if EB linked you to where a SSH is falsely representing NH you would apologise.

Tell someone who cares what you think.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

Hey Bill

I have been called worse names .
The gamesmanship of saying I will apologise if I`m wrong , then turning around and abusing some more when he was proven wrong . Was an insight .

Talked the talk , but couldn`t walk the walk .

Seems you might need to activate the ignore button yourself .

Oh well it is the interwebs . lol .

Canna-bill

Hey Bill

I have been called worse names .
The gamesmanship of saying I will apologise if I`m wrong , then turning around and abusing some more when he was proven wrong . Was an insight .

Talked the talk , but couldn`t walk the walk .

Seems you might need to activate the ignore button yourself .

Oh well it is the interwebs . lol .

Hi Elmer, I doubt he will apologise or put you on ignore for that matter! I will ignore him from now on though, a man is nothing without his word, that lad has no back bone, Stewart little.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Back to scheduled programming .

re The Thia .
I was gifted a cross labelled Mullum / Thia / Super Kush .

The structure of the plants was dominated by the Kush . But the flowers were strong lemon smells .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
yep its certainly not the same as the f1 , i grew both and the more recent one from bushy was full of hermies ,
though the weed was pretty good , just quite problematic to grow..

I know for a fact the f1s did not hermie what i am confused about is how he got that cross.

I had a fall out with Nevil around 2014/2015 and did not talk to him until a few months before he past on.

I know Nevil shared a joint of the 78Thai with bushy and his wife i also know Nevil did not share that cross because as he said it was giving the keys to the castle away.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
I know for a fact the f1s did not hermie what i am confused about is how he got that cross.

I had a fall out with Nevil around 2014/2015 and did not talk to him until a few months before he past on.

I know Nevil shared a joint of the 78Thai with bushy and his wife i also know Nevil did not share that cross because as he said it was giving the keys to the castle away.

Well some one made the cross .
Shared it with a friend of mine who shared it with me .

Breakfast :peacock:

Colombian x THHz
64QzTzK.jpg

SANOJzK.jpg

Played hard , done good .

Raho

Veteran
I got to thinking the other day how in many legal states require you to HIDE your plants from plain view of your neighbors.

Stigma. Taboo. People’s minds still need to change. Maybe it will improve in a generation or two? If the big business, politics, and $$$ haven’t killed this plant by then...

Sorry for the rant. I will keep the hope.

Peace
F2F
Part of the reason for keeping things out of sight is a deterrence to theft.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

yea i didnt see any in the f1 either hempy ,
it was good weed indeed ,

i cant comment on how bushy acquired the cross though, but i think he had mr beanz make the f2/3 , what ever they were , which was then sold ,
i guess there was a lack of selection with the parents , which resulted in hermie off spring , the offspring was plainly not tested either , an all round poorly made reproduction sadly as they were good genetics ...

i think i have a similar cross with thai 82 also somewhere in the stash ...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

If he knew he was dying he might have let it lose. No reason to keep something privet if your not here to enjoy it. Who wouldn't want the keys to continue his work.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Well some one made the cross .
Shared it with a friend of mine who shared it with me .

Breakfast :peacock:
View Image

Not a bad effort from a guy who has never grown ganja before . Played hard , done good .

My 78Thai came with conditions and one of them was it was to be never shared pure Nevil horned that and did the same with what ever Kanga shared with him.

I also know for a fact Nevil used the gypsy Thai in the first crosses then once he got Reefermans Thai the Swiss Thai he then used that as it was better.The last Thai he grew was the 78Thai and that was the best.

My moneys on no one got the 78Thia cross because Nevil told me he did not want others getting it as a F1.

I only found out bushy was selling lots of his lines after he past on so i could not ask him if he had sold or given bushy set lines but i spoke to the guy that was living with Nevil who told me how impotent the 78Thia turned out to be.

Nevil told me he would not sell the MMx78Thia he also told me the Thai reminded him of the Haze he grew out in Holland.I was told a lot more after he past on.

The 78Thia can take almost 4 months to show sex but i have not grown kangas MM but i don't see that being a fast finish line so 16week flower seams a bit unrealistic for a F1 of these to lines.

I have a pic of that cross grown by Nevil indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.