The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
View Image

View Image

I guess Haze means different things to different people.

Frankincense aroma for some. Derivitive of Haze A and C for others. Derived from SamS OHz only. Any Sativa that grows like a Haze?

So what does everyone here consider a Haze to be?

Wide leaves covered in resin like a hash plant .No fox tails in the calyx .No pine / leather / liver terps . No incense .
Not a Haze .IMO lol .

led05

Chasing The Present
I consider a Haze or Haze hybrid to be genetics that Sam sold called Haze in the Us under sacred seeds from 1976 and Haze that went to Holland with Sam called Haze HAZE.

I call a unrelated Sativa line that have a strong high like haze a Haze LIKE line.

touche.............. Following a statement in general....

The neat truth though is we have access to Sam, his gear and the reality is what we are doing now, today is just as good or better, side by side - improvements being made...........History, not being lost - our heads and our Hearts in the right place....

History is being rewritten in todays' terms, with our stamps, and it's a team effort just as it was then.... :tiphat:..... This IS a genetics renaissance, play nice in the sandbox, for you don't know what you may be a missing out on.... ;).... and none of it is for sale, that's not how it works......

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Hy,
I dont remember any of G13haze in NL before late 90's.

This G13 haze thing start with male G13 airborne from Reeferman what i know.
A5xG13indica=AG13 AG13 -> G13 x Haze A
C5xG13indica=CG13 CG13 -> G13 x Haze C
Neville Haze x G13=AmnesiaHaze,Amnesiag13 and G13haze just differnet selection.
A5 was old TheSeedBank NL5 original cutting x O.haze
C5 was NL5 cutting founded from seeds NL5(og)xNL2 x hazeC later sold at Mr.Nice as Nl5xhaze Not offered by MNS in exact same way, NL#5 was different selection.

For the record

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
No burning bush was listed on Sam's sacred seed catalog as far back as the 70s so it was a strain not a single plant.
View Image

Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman / Overgrow
Burning Bush was a pure Original Haze, on the Thai side with very thin buds that looked like shit, except they were covered in resin, an Oz would make a ziplock all sticky as hell inside. It was very very strong. Also hard to roll a jay because it was so sticky and did not burn so great, even though dryed and cured perfect. Just to much resin.

The only thing supporting that list of seeds in High Times as being from a catalog is that Sam says it was.

Nobody has ever seen Sam's "original catalog" with this content.
No evidence has ever been shown that seeds were sold from that "catalog."

Edited to add:
The quote from Sam you shared from Overgrow shows Sam contradicting his current statements about the pedigree of Haze.
Sam now says that he never sold "Haze" as anything other than "Haze", and that "Haze" was comprised entirely of Colombian genetics.
Yet here we have an example of Sam from years earlier describing a (pure) Haze plant as being a Thai leaning pheno.
Which do you think is more accurate? Sam's old statement that "pure Haze" contained Thai, or todays statements that Haze is all Colombian, and anything with Thai or Indian (or whatever else) was listed explicitly as hybrids?

The attached Cultivators Choice catalog is from 1985 when Sam was in Holland.
No "Burning Bush" in there 'eh?

Attachments

• Cultivators Choice 1985 - 2.jpg
    Cultivators Choice 1985 - 2.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Cultivators Choice 1985 - 1.jpg
    Cultivators Choice 1985 - 1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

RED 1

Trying out outdoors
J. Hustle ((Northen Lights x Shiva Skunk) x Haze Christiania Seeedbank
Panama Haze Ace Seeds
:)
Honestly,like the way J.Hustle is going,but all I have it's the cross
I'm not that experienced to "read" a seedling, thought I'll share her instead
:)
Panama Haze background

Yo Sammy

Veteran
I chated one time in DMPrng with guys there about those hazes and they told me that lineage of AG13 is A5x g13 indica male and C5xg13 indica is CG13.

But who cares anyway they are very good smoke.

I care about correct pedigrees, to me this is important. There is no NL#5 in either of Nevs G13/Hz crosses/cuttings.
That is part of the beauty of these vintage cuttings that were preserved. They each combine specific genetics, both on Indica as Haze side from back in the day. Exactly this sets them apart.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The only thing supporting that list of seeds in High Times as being from a catalog is that Sam says it was.

Nobody has ever seen Sam's "original catalog" with this content.
No evidence has ever been shown that seeds were sold from that "catalog."

Edited to add:
The quote from Sam you shared from Overgrow shows Sam contradicting his current statements about the pedigree of Haze.
Sam now says that he never sold "Haze" as anything other than "Haze", and that "Haze" was comprised entirely of Colombian genetics.
Yet here we have an example of Sam from years earlier describing a (pure) Haze plant as being a Thai leaning pheno.
Which do you think is more accurate? Sam's old statement that "pure Haze" contained Thai, or todays statements that Haze is all Colombian, and anything with Thai or Indian (or whatever else) was listed explicitly as hybrids?

The attached Cultivators Choice catalog is from 1985 when Sam was in Holland.
No "Burning Bush" in there 'eh?

Most forget Rob Clark in this conversation and didn't Sam say Rob was a close friend of one of the Haze brothers also ?.

Sam said he was selling Haze seed from as far Back as 1976 under sacred seed co.

I know Haze was a marketed product their were posters and T-shirts so on.

The evidence is Sam has posted it.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
touche.............. Following a statement in general....

The neat truth though is we have access to Sam, his gear and the reality is what we are doing now, today is just as good or better, side by side - improvements being made...........History, not being lost - our heads and our Hearts in the right place....

History is being rewritten in todays' terms, with our stamps, and it's a team effort just as it was then.... :tiphat:..... This IS a genetics renaissance, play nice in the sandbox, for you don't know what you may be a missing out on.... ;).... and none of it is for sale, that's not how it works......

How was my post touche Haze came from Sam every one knows that and Nevil bought seed from Sam and produced the worlds best Haze hybrids.

Inbreeding Haze dose not improve it the 2 Guys Sam and Nevil that grew out lots and lots of haze both said the same in regards to working with the haze.

What improvements have been done with haze since the 80s or even better the 70s ?.

In the last 20 years all i see is people working with Nevil or Sam's work but i have yet to see any thing better the Quality of haze or Haze hybrids apart from Mango Haze test seed and ShitHaze test seed since the last work Nevil did.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like my type of smoke lower yield is a easy fix grow more :biggrin:

If you can grow plants to their full potential bearing in mind a lot of variables youre a lucky mofo imho :)

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
Most forget Rob Clark in this conversation and didn't Sam say Rob was a close friend of one of the Haze brothers also ?.

Sam said he was selling Haze seed from as far Back as 1976 under sacred seed co.

I know Haze was a marketed product their were posters and T-shirts so on.

The evidence is Sam has posted it.

I didn't say anything about Rob, and he has nothing to do with this fable that what was printed in HT was a catalog.
You're changing the subject Hempy.

The poster said absolutely nothing about "buy seeds here"
As far as "Sam said" . . . you're own posts show that Sam has given MANY conflicting stories over the years when it suits his purposes, so "Sam said" doesn't mean squat to me unless it is 100% consistent with observable fact.

Ex: Pure Haze is Colombian.

A "marketed product" is different than an "available for sale product."
Sam started marketing his gear well before he ever sold it.
That's the way it works. Chicken before egg.
Ever hear of Kickstarter?

Please, change the subject again to something that has nothing to do with the point.

TheDarkStorm

View Image

View Image

I guess Haze means different things to different people.

Frankincense aroma for some. Derivitive of Haze A and C for others. Derived from SamS OHz only. Any Sativa that grows like a Haze?

So what does everyone here consider a Haze to be?

Looks like it now means different things to different people....but ther was a time it ment something simple...wat ever line came in to the hand of the guys sam calls the haze brothers...was called haze...they came in to contact with it in 1969..an put out ther first batch in 1970...later on in the 80's this line was taken to holand by sam...wer it was further worked....haze was a name given to a strain that was a work in process... it wasnt just any sativa line...it was work decended from a certain line passing threw certain hands...at one point it wasnt just any sativa line....seems like as time as gone on the waters have become muddied...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts