What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If you can grow plants to their full potential bearing in mind a lot of variables youre a lucky mofo imho :)

Yep even if your legal and have that on your side you then need to deal with mother nature and storms are a common event for most places.

TheDarkStorm

I chated one time in DMPrng with guys there about those hazes and they told me that lineage of AG13 is A5x g13 indica male and C5xg13 indica is CG13.

But who cares anyway they are very good smoke.

Thes might be...but the original that wer made by nevil wer straight hazeA to g13 an straight hazeC- g13....no one had access to the haze males.. except shanti who only got access to haze-c later...no one had access to the g13 clone ....thats was nevils too...so dmprng guys would just be guessing or going on hear say....yeah I agree the original was a dam good smoke...couple of f1s clones still about...I think ojd's ag13 looks quite a sativa pheno

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I didn't say anything about Rob, and he has nothing to do with this fable that what was printed in HT was a catalog.
You're changing the subject Hempy.

The poster said absolutely nothing about "buy seeds here"
As far as "Sam said" . . . you're own posts show that Sam has given MANY conflicting stories over the years when it suits his purposes, so "Sam said" doesn't mean squat to me unless it is 100% consistent with observable fact.

Ex: Pure Haze is Colombian.

A "marketed product" is different than an "available for sale product."
Sam started marketing his gear well before he ever sold it.
That's the way it works. Chicken before egg.
Ever hear of Kickstarter?

Please, change the subject again to something that has nothing to do with the point.

Raho the article and seed catalog in High Times was from one of the Haze brothers so yes it had nothing to do with Rob or Sam.But Sam did give one of the haze brothers permission to use his old sacred seed catalog in the article as long as sacred seed co was removed.

I am not changing the subject at all just responding to your post.

The only information any one has to go by regards to haze before it got to Holland is what Sam and Rob and the Haze brothers put out in magazine articles or in forums like this.

If Sam said he sold pure Haze in 1976 under the Sacred seed Co name and put out seed catalogs in 1976 or before then i am inclined to believe him more than people that were not their saying no.

If your going to post then you can expect a response that is how it works.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raho the article and seed catalog in High Times was from one of the Haze brothers so yes it had nothing to do with Rob or Sam.But Sam did give one of the haze brothers permission to use his old sacred seed catalog in the article as long as sacred seed co was removed.

I am not changing the subject at all just responding to your post.

The only information any one has to go by regards to haze before it got to Holland is what Sam and Rob and the Haze brothers put out in magazine articles or in forums like this.

If Sam said he sold pure Haze in 1976 under the Sacred seed Co name and put out seed catalogs in 1976 or before then i am inclined to believe him more than people that were not their saying no.

If your going to post then you can expect a response that is how it works.

"R" stands for Ron Rosenbaum ...HT afaik ...:biggrin:

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
I'm confused. What is now the lineage of the original Haze seeds?

Is it the hybrid: Columbian X Mexican X Thailand X Indian ?
Or is it a pure and/or 3 way Columbian cross ?

Raho

Veteran
I chated one time in DMPrng with guys there about those hazes and they told me that lineage of AG13 is A5x g13 indica male and C5xg13 indica is CG13.

But who cares anyway they are very good smoke.
So some random guy in a coffee shop who's name you don't know and who can never be contacted to confirm his opinion told you that the pedigree of one of Nevil's old cuts is different than Nevil said it was?
:nono:OK

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
That was the writer of the article but didn't he interview the haze brother or haze brothers for that story ?.
hey i just read along with this ,

i have no dog in the fight whatsoever ,
but from what ive read , over and over ,
that is not a haze brother hempy ,
folks you dont like to hear from have mentioned it over and over in the course of the conversation ,
its perhaps an idea you take it on board ,
sam even mentioned it too ... .

J.B.Kushfeller

So some random guy in a coffee shop who's name you don't know and who can never be contacted to confirm his opinion told you that the pedigree of one of Nevil's old cuts is different than Nevil said it was?
:nono:OK

It is not random it was their breeder or something like that he told me himslef that at thet time he breed with A5,C5,Amnesia,G13haze and other hazes he breed Wilie Nelson also very good haze.
Mexican Haze is also A5xmexican...
But also Ag13 and Cg13 are more stoney than A5 and C5 so probably they are mixed with some indica to make AG13 and CG13 also shorter flowering.
It was about 2005-6.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I'm confused. What is now the lineage of the original Haze seeds?

Is it the hybrid: Columbian X Mexican X Thailand X Indian ?
Or is it a pure and/or 3 way Columbian cross ?

Well, it depends on who or what you want to believe, whether pure Colombian or 4-way sativa ....
I made enemies, but I think nobody knows for sure,not even the haze brothers...
(however, it's very Colombian) ;)

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Everyone can believe in what they want, in Sam, Arijan, Shanti, Neville(rip), I think it's been so long, and the information is so conflicting and confusing that the lineage cannot be certain ...
But of course it's just my opinion, my point of view, nothing more ...
Haze is a strain to love, grow, smoke, share, there is already too much stuff to fight in the world ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
hey i just read along with this ,

i have no dog in the fight whatsoever ,
but from what ive read , over and over ,
that is not a haze brother hempy ,
folks you dont like to hear from have mentioned it over and over in the course of the conversation ,
its perhaps an idea you take it on board ,
sam even mentioned it too ... .

Ron Rosenbaum was the journalist for High Times but he interviewed a haze brother to write the article that is how it works mate.

Sam also posted saying he was sacred seed co and haze and burning bush and all the other haze was being sold from1976 if not before.

led05

Chasing The Present
Everyone can believe in what they want, in Sam, Arijan, Shanti, Neville(rip), I think it's been so long, and the information is so conflicting and confusing that the lineage cannot be certain ...
But of course it's just my opinion, my point of view, nothing more ...
Haze is a strain to love, grow, smoke, share, there is already too much stuff to fight in the world ...

wait a second....

You mean a bunch of people don't recall exactly what went down in the haze of all things..... 30, 40, 50 years ago from their youths..... Is it possible some of these stories got some nostalgic spin to them also, you know like everyone's do....It's a human mechanism to remember the past more fondly than it was, recall the good vs all the bad, placing more importance on oneself........

To assume any of these guys were free of this wouldn't be human nature.......... And some people are loose with the truth and can't help themselves but tell lies to begin with....... Couple with decades old, an easy mystery to last indefinitely of he said, she said.....

Look to your hands of today, and tomorrow and not of yesteryear, for only those things can we change.... And yes, we should learn from history

T

TakenByTheSky

How many people participating in this thread have actually grown pure unadulterated original haze?

The closest I've come is haze x skunk, aside from TFD I wouldn't even know where to look for original haze. I believe old timers haze is a totally different animal all together.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
^I'm currently growing A5Haze S1 tester seeds from Karma Genetics.
But it's a cross I belief between haze X nl5 made by Neville or something.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
Does anybody know how that Phylos Bioscience works?

If yes, would you mind investigating how the relation is between Haze samples and if it contains other genetics besides Colombian?

If the samples doesn't a show a close relation between Mexican, Thai and Indian besides Colombian, I think it would then be safe to say that it's pure Colombian or if not that it's a 4-way cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts