What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkeppel

@Hempy, thats the guy I was talking about, I'm sure he had some legal trouble or went backrupt or something...

A lot of our laws are modelled off other countries laws, our patient and advertisement laws seem to mirror USA law, you can advertise pharmaceutical drugs and alcohol on TV here still, there is liqour stores and liqour advertisement all over main streets but for proposed cannabis reform in the referendum coming in 4 months:

20 plus age restriction, no advertisement, THC max limit 15%, ediables limited, max 2 plants per adult up to 4 max a household, can't sell without license, can't import seed unless your licensed, max carry 14 grams and max purchese a day 14 grams.

It's all steps in the right direction but impractical, how do medical patients keep mum's etc when you got a silly 2 plant limit and just silly to limit THC of bud etc... They can't police it, it would be counter productive they want to free up police time for real crimes.

There is a few different regions famous for cannabis here, coromandel area, hawkes bay and golden bay. There is good growing else where but there the main regions I can think of, I live in the golden bay area which is in the south island the others are far/middle north island and there was a lot of Dutch settlers in the 60/70s they love it here, it used to grow wild around here it's one of the excuses the government gave us for banning it, it's an invasive weed.

I've never seen anything purple Thai at all in my area but other areas will be different, I've seen pearly buds like that Dr grinspoon strain but most commonly you would get buds that look exactly like Mango Thai, infact those pictures of mango thai on the real seed company website looks like my region and my local bush weed for the most part.

Skunk did make it's way into the mix at some point but there is pockets of growers who are isolated there's a lot of land to f all people here so I suspect there is old hippies still growing untainted plants but I'd have to go find them and they don't want to be found obviously LOL.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I wouldn`t think he has gotten away with it just yet .

Some of those Kiwi boys would take it very seriously ...

Dkeppel

I wouldn`t think he has gotten away with it just yet .

Some of those Kiwi boys would take it very seriously ...

Maybe if he ripped off a gangs plot, which he might have as he claims to have stolen coromandel gold which is up north close to Auckland but there more intersted in meth these days, weed is just a gateway to selling meth to customers now to them.

Interesting statistic, My region of NZ, Highest use of cannabis in NZ but lowest use of meth in NZ, connection or coincidence ?

Maybe if weed was never criminalised and work place drug testing not so wide spread, they piss test some office workers around here it's madness, we wouldn't have a massive meth problem.

Back on topic, Is there much of a breeding scene in AU ? You seem to have the right ingredients for it but I don't know how heavierly policed it is in AU ... You mostly just get told don't do it again and your equipment taken off you here these days.

The MM I've tried was top smoke, similar to NZ weed but more potent.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
We were lucky growing up in Australia we had the best cannabis and hash and Thai sticks flooding the markets.

We got lots of imported cannabis but also had a huge domestic growing market and to be honest i miss them days.

So much cannabis was grown here for the over seas markets mostly US and UK .

Ships would arrive here off load some for the domestic market then head off to the US and other markets with a clean bill meaning the ship had come from Australia and not Africa or Asia or a known drug port.

This was all exposed in a royal commission exposing corruption from the Warfs police up.

I remember my friends coming back from Europe telling me all they could smoke was hash and how they mist smoking flowers we were use to.

When you say growing up in Australia Hempy I don`t think you understand it wasn`t like that every where .

Maybe in the capitol cities of the southern states . But in Queensland Joh Bjelke and the Qld National Party had this state locked down .
They had a life sentence for a pound of weed on the books in the 80 s .

When I went and lived in Adelaide Sth Oz was the 1st time when I didn`t feel paranoid of the cops .

Qld was mainly home grown when I was a teenager .Not much import . Some hash or buddha weed in the summer . I went to Sydney and it was all Leb hash and Thai weed .

harvestreaper

Veteran
I've got a few small original haze x skunks from the old seedboutique freebies

Looks like I've got one skunk leaner and 2 hazy ones.

.View Image

some good ol genes there tried a bunch of times to get some of them to germ but none did had better luck with thunk were i was able to make f2s ,,looking forward to seeing what you get :tiphat:

led05

Chasing The Present
A haze of sorts - The Durlumbo

A haze of sorts - The Durlumbo

75% Colombian - 25% Durban - heavily seeded but looking decent

Attachments

• index (2).jpg
    index (2).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 26
  • index (3).jpg
    index (3).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 27
  • index (4).jpg
    index (4).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 25
  • index (5).jpg
    index (5).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 36
  • index (6).jpg
    index (6).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 26

led05

Chasing The Present
The Durlumbo #2

The Durlumbo #2

A few examples are pictured in these two posts.....Edit: Bootz came up with the name, though had no hand in the making of it, thus far - he's getting his chance, imprint.... !!

I made them, Ed & wesos are great friends along for the ride and very generous with amazing genetics which made up the parental plants......

Attachments

• index (10).jpg
    index (10).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 27
  • index (9).jpg
    index (9).jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 28
  • index (8).jpg
    index (8).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 25
  • index (7).jpg
    index (7).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 37
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 25
T

TakenByTheSky

some good ol genes there tried a bunch of times to get some of them to germ but none did had better luck with thunk were i was able to make f2s ,,looking forward to seeing what you get :tiphat:

These seeds are pretty old, they were probably old when I got them and I got them as freebies over 10 years ago. I've kept them packed with rice and desiccant in a metal tin in my meat drawer in the fridge since I got them. I took 3 out and got 100% germ in a few days.

TheDarkStorm

A few examples are pictured in these two posts.....Edit: Bootz came up with the name, though had no hand in the making of it, thus far - he's getting his chance, imprint.... !!

I made them, Ed & wesos are great friends along for the ride and very generous with amazing genetics which made up the parental plants......

Looks quite nice.....do you know if it was the dutch version of durban used...or the landrace type one going round spain...or maybe some private durban...looks impressive tho....im sure that would look beautiful growing outdoors somewer tropical....do you know wat lumbo it is also....?

Elmer Bud

Veteran

You `re in the wrong thread with that magnificent hybrid Ledo .
This is the thread where the crazy and obsessed come to argue and bicker about Haze .

To have people truly appreciate your work you want the Haze Hybrid thread .

:peacock:

The Haze Hybrid Thread

led05

Chasing The Present
You `re in the wrong thread with that magnificent hybrid Ledo .
This is the thread where the crazy and obsessed come to argue and bicker about Haze .

To have people truly appreciate your work you want the Haze Hybrid thread .

:peacock:

The Haze Hybrid Thread

well aww shucks EB, now I'm inclined to not even want to post my pure Haze pics... or pure Colombians, or is Haze back to being a Colombian, Thai, Indian cross or whatever it is....? what is the parlance of the times around Haze, Pure Lumbo......? Maybe this is better suited; here......? A discussion to rifle up the feathers?..... Haha

DarkStorm....... I'll share what I think is ok.....

Mom of the ones previously pictured is (Note:Iterations with different moms, many dads made....)

Santa Marta Colombian (Private Stock) x Durban (Believe Selected from CBG original release of stock by a buddy in Cali)

Dads - a bunch (14) SMG - Santa Marta Gold - Private stock stored well over 20 years old, legit heirloom like growth, all seed plants looked like clones......

I'm not sure it's the Durban doing the heavy lifting here, but more the 75% Lumbos.... All plants toss incense and varying degree of Frankincense which is why this mom was chosen and it carried through to very near 100% offspring - dads didn't / don't get in the way but add to from the SMG in all crosses I've made, many.....

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Veteran
well aww shucks EB, now I'm inclined to not even want to post my pure Haze pics... or pure Colombians, or is Haze back to being a Colombian, Thai, Indian cross or whatever it is....? what is the parlance of the times around Haze, Pure Lumbo......? Maybe this is better suited; here......? A discussion to rifle up the feathers?..... Haha

DarkStorm....... I'll share what I think is ok.....

Mom of the ones previously pictured is (Note:Iterations with different moms, many dads made....)

Santa Marta Colombian (Private Stock) x Durban (Believe Selected from CBG original release of stock by a buddy in Cali)

Dads - a bunch (14) SMG - Santa Marta Gold - Private stock stored well over 20 years old, legit heirloom like growth, all seed plants looked like clones......

I'm not sure it's the Durban doing the heavy lifting here, but more the 75% Lumbos.... All plants toss incense and varying degree of Frankincense which is why this mom was chosen and it carried through to very near 100% offspring - dads didn't / don't get in the way but add to from the SMG in all crosses I've made, many.....

OK ,,, well , don`t say you weren`t warned . lol .

It fluctuates . It was Colombian / Thai / Indian .Then Colombian/ Thai mix. Reverted back to Colombian .
But is now possibly any of the above .

I have admired that cross for a while . That kind of vigour is not as common these days .

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Those plants are incredible:tiphat:

Dkeppel

This might sound like a stupid question....

Is there any skunkman haze hybrids on offer that DO NOT have skunk in them ? Or is maybe selected away from the skunk ?

Would love to try some of his gear but .... I'm not a skunky man :)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
This might sound like a stupid question....

Is there any skunkman haze hybrids on offer that DO NOT have skunk in them ? Or is maybe selected away from the skunk ?

Would love to try some of his gear but .... I'm not a skunky man :)

Todd McCormick has Ohaze from seed stock Sam has given him on offer not sure what their like as no one fully flowed and given a smoke report on them yet as the seed was just released.

Status
Not open for further replies.