Premium user
420club
dog.jpg

these guys are a'holes too

ice minus

my cats are ass holes

Quite literally my experience with almost every cat, ever

Someone once told me something along the lines of:

Dogs, If you die, your dog who's your best friend will curl up beside you and die too

Cats, if you die, your cat will be feasting literally on your eyeballs within a day or two with no remorse

They're stone cold LOL

PadawanWarrior

> I think people just use them like sprouts.
Yeah but like how the hell do people use the "sprouts"?

> I've seen my wife eat them plain, add them to salads, and put on sandwiches.
Now we're talking! Most experience I have with them is a local chain called Pita Pit offers Alfalfa Sprouts as a pita filling which I've gotten several times before, but boy, they have a pretty "unique" aftertaste and I almost always regret adding them to my wraps

> I just like experimenting with growing stuff, :geek:

MY MAN

That's why I'm here too

And I am anything but a natural green thumb, I fully own being a novice!
Ya, I'm not a fan of sprouts but my wife loves them. Also, I guess different plants have different tastes. We just have the mix for now, but they have them separate too. I should just use the microgreen mixes as my cover crops, :ROFLMAO:

right

Ya, I'm not a fan of sprouts but my wife loves them. Also, I guess different plants have different tastes. We just have the mix for now, but they have them separate too. I should just use the microgreen mixes as my cover crops, :ROFLMAO:
This is really cool 😎
Are you using them to fix nitrogen or something.
If so I would love to learn more about this a d incorporate this into my growing

ice minus

Beautiful little dog
Thank you so much man.. Since moving out to a new town with zero friends I can honestly say I've never appreciated dogs and the human bond more than I do now

Truly mans best friend

Centuries, not decades, of literature describe this well before and after we will be here
I'm not even joking, that's the literal purpose I have my packet for

Top dress with this stuff then cut it down as it opens up and let it go back into the soil

Amazing for the biology BUT I got clobbered by fungus gnats every time they decompose so I've been ignoring them last few grows

PadawanWarrior

This is really cool 😎
Are you using them to fix nitrogen or something.
If so I would love to learn more about this a d incorporate this into my growing
I do have cover crops. And they do fix nitrogen. But the main purpose I think is to keep the soil alive and act as a mulch. Having plant roots constantly, also help keep the microbes and fungi alive. I use chopped leaves as mulch too.

PadawanWarrior

Thank you so much man.. Since moving out to a new town with zero friends I can honestly say I've never appreciated dogs and the human bond more than I do now

Truly mans best friend

Centuries, not decades, of literature describe this well before and after we will be here

I'm not even joking, that's the literal purpose I have my packet for

Top dress with this stuff then cut it down as it opens up and let it go back into the soil

Amazing for the biology BUT I got clobbered by fungus gnats every time they decompose so I've been ignoring them last few grows
For fungus gnats get some Microbe Lift BMC.

ice minus

I do have cover crops. And they do fix nitrogen. But the main purpose I think is to keep the soil alive and act as a mulch. Having plant roots constantly, also help keep the microbes and fungi alive. I use chopped leaves as mulch too.

Love to see an explanation on how someone is successfully using it!! Especially you, who has been one of the few who seems to have a very good understanding of my grow! Thank you!

Funny thing is, I bought it based on the guys at Black Swallows direct advice, saying much of the same things - it can regulate nitrogen, and be amazing for the soil & plant's biology building up I guess a healthy mold or whatever. They ended up in person telling me themselves though that they went from originally using hay straw as a mulch, to then changing up to rice hulls, and eventually settling on growing out cover crops from the 5-seed blend where they grow it out and chop it down, as I attempted

But it was a massive Fungus Gnat attraction for me personally, to the point I just stopped doing it completely. Absolutely wild to see the chopped leaves thing too because in the very beginning this is EXACTLY what I was doing - chopping all foliage and trying to scratch back into the soil hoping on some kind of re-cycling style uptake as well, but that as well proved to be mostly an attraction for pests even when I thought I was free of them personally

The one thing I did find it to be great for though was watering - when all those little microgreens have roots in the top layer of your soil, I guess I just visualize water running down them into the heart of the soil.. Really good for keeping the top layer from getting compacted which I absolutely struggle with - ESPECIALLY if i'm top dressing with Gaia - it almost turns into concrete on top!

ice minus

For fungus gnats get some Microbe Lift BMC.
Literally never heard of it. I will look it up!

I had wonderful success with these things called Mosquito Dunks:

Drop one into the res then water with it a day later, it has some kind of BTI stuff that absolutely annihilates them

PadawanWarrior

Love to see an explanation on how someone is successfully using it!! Especially you, who has been one of the few who seems to have a very good understanding of my grow! Thank you!

Funny thing is, I bought it based on the guys at Black Swallows direct advice, saying much of the same things - it can regulate nitrogen, and be amazing for the soil & plant's biology building up I guess a healthy mold or whatever. They ended up in person telling me themselves though that they went from originally using hay straw as a mulch, to then changing up to rice hulls, and eventually settling on growing out cover crops from the 5-seed blend where they grow it out and chop it down, as I attempted

But it was a massive Fungus Gnat attraction for me personally, to the point I just stopped doing it completely. Absolutely wild to see the chopped leaves thing too because in the very beginning this is EXACTLY what I was doing - chopping all foliage and trying to scratch back into the soil hoping on some kind of re-cycling style uptake as well, but that as well proved to be mostly an attraction for pests even when I thought I was free of them personally

The one thing I did find it to be great for though was watering - when all those little microgreens have roots in the top layer of your soil, I guess I just visualize water running down them into the heart of the soil.. Really good for keeping the top layer from getting compacted which I absolutely struggle with - ESPECIALLY if i'm top dressing with Gaia - it almost turns into concrete on top!
Cover crops do help massively with keeping the soil from becoming hydrophobic. It makes sense that it would keep microbes more alive too having a constant plant food source.

Microbe-Lift BMC works great. I use it whenever I have an outbreak and they're mostly gone in a couple weeks. It's the same bacteria as the Dunks but most people think it works better.

Or get some predators if you want. Nematodes, Hypoaspis Miles, or Rove Beetles. They can be found in EWC or you can buy them from a place like Nature's Good Guys or Arbico. I'm a big fan of predators. They've taken care of many pest problems for me.

I'm just going to spray my plants with this shit next time I get pests. They'll be fucked up one way or another. :LOL:
20241002_011331.jpg

Last edited: