What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
And Hempy... show me where nev or shanti did any proper line work.... they are the master of the f1. Forest through the trees man....

Nevil worked the NL lines even more, Pure Hashplant , His Northern Lights #5 Backcross 8 times, ect...

You'll have to post better then that if you're going to try and discredit Nevil.

JetLife175

Veteran
Nevil worked the NL lines even more, Pure Hashplant , His Northern Lights #5 Backcross 8 times, ect...

You'll have to post better then that if you're going to try and discredit Nevil.

You don’t read well do you? I said I have the utmost respect for him. This isn’t about the man himself but the seed he produced and I think that they are lines where you can find great things in but it’s so few and far between that it’s not even worth the trouble anymore.

I am from a place that is well past the point of reminiscing on the old shit and still growing it because my market is light years ahead of their work. I’m not discounting it at all. Someone had to lay the foundation. Not my fault my generation took all that and made some extremely fire weed with it. You may not like it but hey different strokes.

Once again. Not discounting Neville. I truly don’t think he back crossed anything 8 times. When would he have had the time to do that before he dropped them?

Edit: this is an opinion not a fact. Don’t take it the wrong way. I’m trying to discuss things not argue.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
And Hempy... show me where nev or shanti did any proper line work.... they are the master of the f1. Forest through the trees man....

You need to work on your comprehension skills more, with that highlighted statement you discredit nevil from any real work he has done beyond f1 whether you knew it or not.

You don’t read well do you? I said I have the utmost respect for him. This isn’t about the man himself but the seed he produced and I think that they are lines where you can find great things in but it’s so few and far between that it’s not even worth the trouble anymore.

I am from a place that is well past the point of reminiscing on the old shit and still growing it because my market is light years ahead of their work. I’m not discounting it at all. Someone had to lay the foundation. Not my fault my generation took all that and made some extremely fire weed with it. You may not like it but hey different strokes.

Once again. Not discounting Neville. I truly don’t think he back crossed anything 8 times. When would he have had the time to do that before he dropped them?

NL#5 bx 8 is a known fact. Where do you think the 89' Northern Lights #5 came from?

Nobody's blaming you for other people taking his "old shit"
and making fire ass weed. I have no problem with that, I'm also using some of his "old shit" to create fire.

P.s I'm also from a place where some of his strains are still superior (in sheer power) over any new/modern strains that come from legal states.

Edit: this is an opinion not a fact. Don’t take it the wrong way. I’m trying to discuss things not argue.

Saying baseless statements without facts is begging for an argument. Please carry on with @hempy. :tiphat:

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
You need to work on your comprehension skills more, with that highlighted statement you discredit nevil from any real work he has done beyond f1 whether you knew it or not.

NL#5 bx 8 is a known fact. Where do you think the 89' Northern Lights #5 came from?

Nobody is blaming you for other people taking his "old shit" and
and making fire ass weed, I have no problem with that because I'm also using some of his "old shit" to create fire.

P.s I'm also from a place where his strains alone are still superior (in sheer power) over any new/modern strains that come from the legal states.

Saying baseless statements without facts is begging for an argument. Please carry on with @hempy. :tiphat:

Fair enough. I’m gonna do some research myself and check it all out. I’ll totally eat my words if I’m wrong. Not a issue.

And the thing is with these legal states most places are in such a tight production. Schedule it’s 8 weeks flower time no matter what. So that narrows the scope of plants you can use and get something “ready” out of it.

I had to convince my facility that we had to take OG and GMO 10 weeks minimum. I had to bring in flower out of my own spot just to prove to them the difference. So yeah legalization is a double edged sword.

I will say and I’m sure you agree on the high of these commercial strains are somewhat generic these days. it really takes a special pheno to bring something new, complex or just flat out potent to the table.

But when you cross OG,Chem,TK, etc to things that special or even above average pheno is a hell of a lot easier to find.

TheDarkStorm

I highly doubt it was an IBL. When you pull 4-5 different phenos it isn’t IBL. It’s still a f1. They were all about the hybrid vigor.

Wanna bet thats called line breeding....two seprate inbred lines four generations removed from the original ...wen you put those lines together creates a supposed f1....but its still not the original f1...soma held a male from nevils original f1 an belive me it had some power...by the way you missed the other part of my question.

TheDarkStorm

Nevil and shanti selected a handful of
Plants all numbered from what a few hundred plants. Either everything in between was like you said all over the place or just wasn’t good.

Compare that to whatever everyone is calling some bag seed hype. Og chem etc. and it’s consiantly throwing out fire phenotypes. That’s the difference what’s worth actually cultivating. I’ll grow some crazy long flowering shit for myself but trust me I’ve seen time and again 98% of people don’t care. The adage the customer is always right means that you sell the customer what they ask for. They don’t ask for long flowering sativas they ask for lemon flavored kush.

Kief its kind of different wer you guys are....the markets abit different ther..you guys have to go with the trends...chem an og its just like any of the old skunk afghan lines to me...even tastes similar wen inbred....I prefer stuff that seems to scare the daylights out of most people...the kind of stuff most people think dont exist.
In the old days they wer growing thousands of plants in holand.. eg in the making of ssh nevil grew an tested 1000 nl5 mothers to many different fathers an even took the fathers upto f4 wen testing, all progeny tested..an the best combination was selected....in 97 seed breeding became illegal in holland so things changed.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Things are getting interesting ...this plant is undetermined sex as of yet
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
:)

T

TakenByTheSky

My assumption is it's root bound, I just ran into the same issue with a bunch of plants kept in too small of containers for too long. They were basically healthy but so root bound they wouldn't show sex.

You could always try to force flower it by putting it into a flowering area for a few days until it triggers.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have two...I’m pretty sure one is a male.. this one I’m fucking hoping as a female

G

hello,
well i'll miss some nice images how the hazes are looking where we all talk about...
so i'll start with some ....

OHz ... my fav ... lime green with red stem and veins..
View Image
View Image

NHz Mr. Nice
View Image

NHz x MML (Grail project) gifted by a good friend
View Image

Tom Hill Haze
View Image

well like haze talk...
but without pictures it doesn't happen...
and it's all theory ...
people talk too much about what they all want to do and know...
but i'll miss the results... where are the plants ???
some looks like they sitting on a huge pile of rar seeds...
if you believe them...
but where are the plants???
the proof is in da pudding...
now show me your haze hehe
M.

My contribution fasciated bandaid x a5 leafy top.:tiphat:

Attachments

• DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 28

star crash