What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetLife175

Veteran
Good weed is subjective. The grower also lets it go another week or two ;)

I did some testing a while back. Actually testing on paper. The highs change somewhat subjectively depending on harvest but on paper not much changes besides maybe plant weight. Selecting for a particular type of high just might be the harvest window your going for. Or maybe most Thais and Africans are just really strong fucking dope. If you want something uplifting and spacey you may want some Mexicans.

What a lurker. It took the haze to bring you out of retirement. Hahahahaha

TheDarkStorm

if you grow sativas you know there’s no market for it. There’s no reason to grow more then one crop a year then 9 months later you still have some sitting around.

If you want to produce very little and charge more for it the 3 people who actually are out there looking for it will like it.

In other legal markets blue dream and Durban kill it for a reason. Shit Durban is what Dutch haze wishes it was anyway.
Isnt half of blue dream the old ssh..despite what people claim. The originals still able to dominate years later.

KiefSweat

Veteran
Blue dream isn’t bad it’s just isn’t great. Doesn’t mean that it can’t be grown extremely well

But it gets to what everyone else was saying some of the hybrids are great plants to grow but your not talking about anything remarkable. Maybe not the best comparison but your blue dream is going to be like a budweiser or whatever commercial larger you prefer.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Well grown nld are in good demand, growers grow them in accordance for customers yes but most bread and butter are from strains of the month which is the same as any other commodity farming, god bless the companies doing the true herb that loads of heads prefer, Kiona and zamalito are doing a great job of it not to mention all the elders like Pliney, Sammy, Randy, Sam, South Holland Crew, Madjag, Neville and on and on, those who brought all these things before us or simply used them as building blocks not to mention all the farmers in other countries keeping the lines and exporting them for consumption or just keeping for themselves but sharing with some great folks.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
It gained its reputation for being some of the most exotic taste/High Herb ever seen and as you said why would anyone go 4 even 6 weeks longer if it wasnt that special
i would add seen in modern times to that i think ojd,
because there used to be a lot of great sativas around , thats why haze is good , it came from those great sativas and wasnt the only one by a long stretch but commercially available in modern times , yes its hard to beat ...

KiefSweat

Veteran
See haze is the textbook definition of hype.
Start with sams description of it and there’s nothing special about it. It’s a niche prodcut that only commands a premium in very certain markets. Or very small amounts.

Nevil started out with sams elite selections and everything from the seed bank was genetic drift from those handful of plants.

Does haze make what it’s crossed to better or did nl5 really make haze better...
But with that 90% of the “Dutch haze” is northern lights or skunk dominant. Look at most of these modern haze hybrids etc. a ten week jack smelling plant isn’t what any of my customers ask for

Raho

Veteran
if you grow sativas you know there’s no market for it. There’s no reason to grow more then one crop a year then 9 months later you still have some sitting around.

If you want to produce very little and charge more for it the 3 people who actually are out there looking for it will like it.

In other legal markets blue dream and Durban kill it for a reason. Shit Durban is what Dutch haze wishes it was anyway.

I tend to agree with you on the commercial US mainstream market there Kief. Hazes and heirloom sativas are a boutique market today like microbrew beer used to be in the US 20 years ago. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised that the pacific NW (where the US microbrew movement first really took hold in America) is the same place where a producer like Kiona can be sustained by their passionate and educated clientele.
The thing about cannabis is . . . we all better be thankful for the people who invest in their passion for those old treasures by growing and preserving them, because unlike the various ingredients needed to make small batch beer, the genetics needed to grow those plants are perishable, and what we have left to work with today is a pale shadow of what we started with in 1970.

If we have learned anything in those 50 years, it should be to never take for granted that the special things we hold in our hand today will still be there for us later when it may be more convenient or fashionable to work with.

I guess I also have a problem with the broad strokes your painting with there Kief.
Market tastes vary to a large degree by region in the US.

Out west, people like cookies and cake and fruity "dessert" weed.
In the northeast, they want the hammer: Chem's and Souwah, OGs and Glue.
In europe, it's been hazes and cheese for the longest time.

Now yes, we can't ignore the homogenizing effect that social media is having. Not just on the weed world, but on taste and style across the entire spectrum of life.
You go into a highly rated hotel or a restaurant pretty much anywhere in the world today and you might not be able to tell what continent you're on. It's all the latest trends and style, distilled and tracked on social media and translated into products and experiences for a universally manipulated consumer.
I know better than to lie to myself that this isn't happening to the weed market too, but at the end of the day WE are the taste makers of the weed market, and if the work of people here on this forum and others result in something truly special, sometimes even an ignorant and manipulated public can get it right and embrace the magic people up here might produce.

Optimism right there mate. That's all.

In days like these, it's good for all of us to preserve a bit of that in our world view.
If you have something special that you'd really like to see happen Kief, I hope that it turns out just like you want it to.
:tiphat:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i dont think the best of sativa can be found too far from its original climates coop ,
im sure they are a bit bland grown in green houses in colorado,

id bet if you grew the same stuff within 18 degrees either side of the equator you d get much better results,

maybe its not the variety , its more where its being grown ...

add to that folks have become accustomed to getting stoned rather than getting high..

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
We have gone from hyping C5 and to now saying it is mid grade so are all haze mid grade or just The work Nevil did ?.

Fckin read the words ...

Twist it to suit you . You are a manipulator Hempy .

I said C5 was good smoke . Not mind boggling like the hype .
The Nevil`s almost caused a panic attack ,AG13 was my fave and C5 x Lanina was an improvement .

Fckin Mid Grade ...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
EB....I dont know exactly wats going on....but some of the stuff is nothing like it was.....the colarado cough is still around an its horeded in pure form badly....thers people still to this day chasing the frankincense nl5haze....ssh how I remember it never had no frutish tones to it at all...none of them...the nh how I remember it was ridiculously strong...not just one pheno but ther wer afew like that.....so either the plant s are changing or something els has changed.
With the cut thats going around as c5 I dont know if its the 1 clone ive not tried it...c5 was originally the name given to the whole seedline..as far as I know the 1 was the frankincense incense mentholy cut.

Yes , but remember the NL Hz was a revelation in Holland when it was released . The EU was an Hash culture . Some decent sativa high would have been a new and rare thing . Where as in Oz ganja and freaky sativas were a staple .

RED 1

Trying out outdoors
J. Hustle ((Northern Lights x Shiva Skunk) x Haze Christiania Seeedbank
Panama Haze Ace Seeds
:)

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
See haze is the textbook definition of hype.
Start with sams description of it and there’s nothing special about it. It’s a niche prodcut that only commands a premium in very certain markets. Or very small amounts.

Nevil started out with sams elite selections and everything from the seed bank was genetic drift from those handful of plants.

Does haze make what it’s crossed to better or did nl5 really make haze better...
But with that 90% of the “Dutch haze” is northern lights or skunk dominant. Look at most of these modern haze hybrids etc. a ten week jack smelling plant isn’t what any of my customers ask for

KiefSweat How is Haze hype when Haze is a mix of some world class sativas ?. Haze has been called some of the worlds strongest smoke.

How did Nevil start with Sams elite haze selection when the seed that did germinate all show a different expression from the ancestry of haze.

Most of what is sold commercially in the legal markets come from Nevil work.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After growing so many different genetics Im sure the super rare hard to find high quality plants will be found in a polyhybrid using Haze.. These phenotype are very rare. There's allot of high quality genetics available. Not many are very special. Lots of the same terp profiles from many different seeds. Even some keepers that have been around are not what I would call special.

T

TakenByTheSky

The magic is in the haze, skunk and NL combo. At the very least haze x nl. I've got some NL5 in flower now, im interested to see what a good old pure NL is actually like.

I personally don't care for skunk 1 and won't grow anything else directly crossed to it in most cases unless it's a haze.

LostTribe

Premium user
I bet there is more of those seeds that will be auctioned again.

Agreed. Shanti knows they are already at a 30% germ rate so he ought to be smart enough to put them to the best use.

He has 45 moms going as well I think I saw on IG.

Watch out for herms .
Otherwise can be good ganja .

Not w regard to the ssh which are obviously older but, whats with so many statements about herms in MNS gear? Did people actually show/get herms or were these just rumors?

The herm comments kept me away from the Black Widow, Ortega, Nordle and Afghan Haze. I loved old MLI but SS also has bad reviews in recent years and getting closer to AfgS and AfgT would be interesting.

Back to Haze.

Anyone tried the Mexican Haze?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Agreed. Shanti knows they are already at a 30% germ rate so he ought to be smart enough to put them to the best use.

He has 45 moms going as well I think I saw on IG.

Not w regard to the ssh which are obviously older but, whats with so many statements about herms in MNS gear? Did people actually show/get herms or were these just rumors?

The herm comments kept me away from the Black Widow, Ortega, Nordle and Afghan Haze. I loved old MLI but SS also has bad reviews in recent years and getting closer to AfgS and AfgT would be interesting.

Back to Haze.

Anyone tried the Mexican Haze?

I never saw 1 hermi in any of the strains ort seeds i grew from Mrnice.

I would always suggest a person research a line and read as many real grow reports they could before growing it unless it was test seed.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The magic is in the haze, skunk and NL combo. At the very least haze x nl. I've got some NL5 in flower now, im interested to see what a good old pure NL is actually like.

I personally don't care for skunk 1 and won't grow anything else directly crossed to it in most cases unless it's a haze.

Your 100% right in that Sk or a NL seams to add magic to the haze.

You get the magic of vigor large yields and nicer flowers.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
haze pictures

haze pictures

hello,
well i'll miss some nice images how the hazes are looking where we all talk about...
so i'll start with some ....

OHz ... my fav ... lime green with red stem and veins..
picture.php

picture.php

NHz Mr. Nice
picture.php

NHz x MML (Grail project) gifted by a good friend
picture.php

Tom Hill Haze
picture.php

well like haze talk...
but without pictures it doesn't happen...
and it's all theory ...
people talk too much about what they all want to do and know...
but i'll miss the results... where are the plants ???
some looks like they sitting on a huge pile of rar seeds...
if you believe them...
but where are the plants???
the proof is in da pudding...
now show me your haze hehe
M.

Status
Not open for further replies.