What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetLife175

Veteran
Agreed. Shanti knows they are already at a 30% germ rate so he ought to be smart enough to put them to the best use.

He has 45 moms going as well I think I saw on IG.

Not w regard to the ssh which are obviously older but, whats with so many statements about herms in MNS gear? Did people actually show/get herms or were these just rumors?

The herm comments kept me away from the Black Widow, Ortega, Nordle and Afghan Haze. I loved old MLI but SS also has bad reviews in recent years and getting closer to AfgS and AfgT would be interesting.

Back to Haze.

Anyone tried the Mexican Haze?

I had a lackluster experience with the widow. I did find one pheno I kept for a couple years though. Half the females I got out of the packs I ran showed intersex traits extremely early on.

When you are working with old lines that aren’t diluted and a bit more “wild” or “pure” as shanti and nev have... they’ve never been known for ultra stable gear and if anyone wants to argue that point I’ll just have to say you haven’t grown it out. Plain and simple. Most of these are what we all consider the building blocks to the modern cannabis genepool. To expect these lines to be 100% stable is a great thought, but just not reality.

I’m a third generation grower. Runs in the blood. When I was growing up my father was running through nevs ENTIRE catalog. Dude literally bought every single line he could. And with us talking through the years he always said that there would always be a couple intersex plants in the pack but that’s just something you should expect to deal with when you are pheno hunting. Popping 500 of a supposed “herm” line doesn’t concern me in the slightest. It’s all about selection.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I had a lackluster experience with the widow. I did find one pheno I kept for a couple years though. Half the females I got out of the packs I ran showed intersex traits extremely early on.

When you are working with old lines that aren’t diluted and a bit more “wild” or “pure” as shanti and nev have... they’ve never been known for ultra stable gear and if anyone wants to argue that point I’ll just have to say you haven’t grown it out. Plain and simple. Most of these are what we all consider the building blocks to the modern cannabis genepool. To expect these lines to be 100% stable is a great thought, but just not reality.

I’m a third generation grower. Runs in the blood. When I was growing up my father was running through nevs ENTIRE catalog. Dude literally bought every single line he could. And with us talking through the years he always said that there would always be a couple intersex plants in the pack but that’s just something you should expect to deal with when you are pheno hunting. Popping 500 of a supposed “herm” line doesn’t concern me in the slightest. It’s all about selection.

JetLife175 i have run Mrnice genetics for the past 20 years and i have never ever saw a single hermi plant.

If what your saying is true then Sam's HAZE and Sam's Sk1 and Afghani 1 and his Durban poison and the NL and HP and G13 Nevil collected and all the lines that came from these lines that make up the building blocks of the modern cannabis gean pool are all hermaphrodites.

So we are all growing hermaphrodites.

Nexus7

Purple "Haze" type Male

Purple "Haze" type Male

picture.php

TheDarkStorm

Blue dream isn’t bad it’s just isn’t great. Doesn’t mean that it can’t be grown extremely well

But it gets to what everyone else was saying some of the hybrids are great plants to grow but your not talking about anything remarkable. Maybe not the best comparison but your blue dream is going to be like a budweiser or whatever commercial larger you prefer.

I agree ...but it was more a point of the original lines( which is the ssh part )that can when they do pop up still go up against the best. Seems 5haze is doing the rounds over ther quite hard right now.

TheDarkStorm

See haze is the textbook definition of hype.
Start with sams description of it and there’s nothing special about it. It’s a niche prodcut that only commands a premium in very certain markets. Or very small amounts.

Nevil started out with sams elite selections and everything from the seed bank was genetic drift from those handful of plants.

Does haze make what it’s crossed to better or did nl5 really make haze better...
But with that 90% of the “Dutch haze” is northern lights or skunk dominant. Look at most of these modern haze hybrids etc. a ten week jack smelling plant isn’t what any of my customers ask for

Nevil made his own selections from original seeds..the lines popping up in the last 20 years have lost all the kick an are nothing like they wer.some of the original stuff is still around...wen it pops up it usaual makes waves...but your right the market is quite different over ther...but alot of people are stil chasing the original nyc haze aka nl5haze...ive seen stuf go from 10weeks all the way to 22 in the pure f1 nl5 ...find the pure f1 seed wich aint easy an take your pick.. the original 97 ssh went up to 22 weeks too...nh the longest ever went 23 an probably could ov went longer...the faster stuff was actually a very low percentage compared to all the longer flowering stuff found in all the f1,s...obviously if your not finding these results in wat your looking at something is wrong.

T

TakenByTheSky

hello,
well i'll miss some nice images how the hazes are looking where we all talk about...
so i'll start with some ....

OHz ... my fav ... lime green with red stem and veins..
View Image
View Image

NHz Mr. Nice
View Image

NHz x MML (Grail project) gifted by a good friend
View Image

Tom Hill Haze
View Image

well like haze talk...
but without pictures it doesn't happen...
and it's all theory ...
people talk too much about what they all want to do and know...
but i'll miss the results... where are the plants ???
some looks like they sitting on a huge pile of rar seeds...
if you believe them...
but where are the plants???
the proof is in da pudding...
now show me your haze hehe
M.

Excellent work, you have some champion phenos there hopefully you saved cuts

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello,
well i'll miss some nice images how the hazes are looking where we all talk about...
so i'll start with some ....

OHz ... my fav ... lime green with red stem and veins..
View Image
View Image

NHz Mr. Nice
View Image

NHz x MML (Grail project) gifted by a good friend
View Image

Tom Hill Haze
View Image

well like haze talk...
but without pictures it doesn't happen...
and it's all theory ...
people talk too much about what they all want to do and know...
but i'll miss the results... where are the plants ???
some looks like they sitting on a huge pile of rar seeds...
if you believe them...
but where are the plants???
the proof is in da pudding...
now show me your haze hehe
M.
Thank You!:)

T

TakenByTheSky

I can bet your bottom dollar he’s got cuts:dance013:

Those are the kind of motivational pictures that make me want to blow up the basement with 100 haze plants. Those kind of phenos aren't easy to find but when you do find them it won't get much better than that.

JetLife175

Veteran
JetLife175 i have run Mrnice genetics for the past 20 years and i have never ever saw a single hermi plant.

If what your saying is true then Sam's HAZE and Sam's Sk1 and Afghani 1 and his Durban poison and the NL and HP and G13 Nevil collected and all the lines that came from these lines that make up the building blocks of the modern cannabis gean pool are all hermaphrodites.

So we are all growing hermaphrodites.

You act like “intersex” is a taboo thing. You know that cannabis has had monoecious populations since it first evolved? While you may not be getting herms like you say, that’s just not realistic. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

You’re growing Sativas in Australia... kinda like peanut butter and jelly if you ask me. Only problem I ever had from MNS was the widow. I have always believed shanti lost a parent for the widow along the way and selected a new donor from seed stock and it’s not producing what my old man bought packs of years before that.

Sometimes it’s hard to see the forest through the trees. Nothing but the utmost respect for shanti and nev, but let’s get real here man. You can’t say they don’t produce any intersex plants...you can say that in your experience they don’t. But there are tons of people that have ZERO reason to lie like myself.

G13xhaze f2 from chana via shanti stock was some of the best “old timer” weed I ever grew and smoked. So there’s that...

The game has changed and people that know what they are doing and talking about are not afraid to hunt through unstable seed to find that one gem!

TheDarkStorm

80's lumbo apparently. Color looks good but not wild enough and no super thin leaves like you expect an OHz to have. Maybe a little crippy in there already?

Thanks ....thats intresting.. iv seen some phenos pop up like that before from supposed legit old thai columbian types...usualy quite rare phenos...but ther normally very very strong smoke wise....have you managed to check anything out from it.? Might be worth further looking into.

JetLife175

Veteran
And Hempy... show me where nev or shanti did any proper line work.... they are the master of the f1. Forest through the trees man....

Nexus7

Thanks ....thats intresting.. iv seen some phenos pop up like that before from supposed legit old thai columbian types...usualy quite rare phenos...but ther normally very very strong smoke wise....have you managed to check anything out from it.? Might be worth further looking into.

Nope. All males so far. Might have to reverse one to see what it's all about ;)

TheDarkStorm

And Hempy... show me where nev or shanti did any proper line work.... they are the master of the f1. Forest through the trees man....
G13 haze was ibl.. probably line bred..probably two seperated lines then put back together ..the one from mr nice was anyway... anyway nevil tried not to inbreed haze.. he tried it an the return of good plants keept dropping....out of curiosity which f1 did you get from nevil...not mr nice because since its inception all plant work was done by shanti...? nevil could line breed ..eg red line skunk and then blue line skunk...should have been put back together...an inbreeding up to f5 to hit back to f1...eeer il hush now cant give away evrthing....but f1's like weve said before aint easy to beat.

JetLife175

Veteran
G13 haze was ibl.. probably line bred..probably two seperated lines then put back together... anyway nevil tried not to inbreed haze.. he tried it an the return of good plants keept dropping....out of curiosity which f1 did you get from nevil...not mr nice because since its inception all plant work was done by shanti...?

I highly doubt it was an IBL. When you pull 4-5 different phenos it isn’t IBL. It’s still a f1. They were all about the hybrid vigor.

KiefSweat

Veteran
Nevil made his own selections from original seeds..the lines popping up in the last 20 years have lost all the kick an are nothing like they wer.some of the original stuff is still around...wen it pops up it usaual makes waves...but your right the market is quite different over ther...but alot of people are stil chasing the original nyc haze aka nl5haze...ive seen stuf go from 10weeks all the way to 22 in the pure f1 nl5 ...find the pure f1 seed wich aint easy an take your pick.. the original 97 ssh went up to 22 weeks too...nh the longest ever went 23 an probably could ov went longer...the faster stuff was actually a very low percentage compared to all the longer flowering stuff found in all the f1,s...obviously if your not finding these results in wat your looking at something is wrong.

Nevil and shanti selected a handful of
Plants all numbered from what a few hundred plants. Either everything in between was like you said all over the place or just wasn’t good.

Compare that to whatever everyone is calling some bag seed hype. Og chem etc. and it’s consiantly throwing out fire phenotypes. That’s the difference what’s worth actually cultivating. I’ll grow some crazy long flowering shit for myself but trust me I’ve seen time and again 98% of people don’t care. The adage the customer is always right means that you sell the customer what they ask for. They don’t ask for long flowering sativas they ask for lemon flavored kush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts