What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Dude ,,, you talk like you are a Mr Nice sales rep .
Not bought their seed in 10 years but wanna tell all about it ...

Why would any person need to buy seed if they all ready have all the seed they need stored.

As for Mrnice seed co i tell it as i see it i am not the one still posting there am i.

I find it interesting you praise Sammy and Karmas work even Macs yet they come from Nevil's work that shanti also works with.

A sales Rep would attack the opposition and praise the products their selling so clearly i cant be a sales rep now can i.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live in Cali so here its SOP to take plants when there really done. Only the people that got into growing for the $$ do that 8 week thing. If you've been a grower for any length of time 8 weeks ain't gonna cut it.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The entire line is not bad.. Its def possible finding a few plants in many breeders seeds with intersex issues. Doesn't mean there will be allot. In most cases there's not. Thats why people ask for replacements of the same seeds.

If there are intersex issues then they are hidden and triggered by stress so if they are triggered by stress that means they were grown poorly at best.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
When people try to mock me and discredit me and they have to resort to making fun of my user handle .
I know the debate is petering out .And they haven`t got anything more constructive to say . Because if you cant debate with out personal insults you should not start debates .

I was going to question that statement but after rereading my post I must apologize I did not intend to call you Elmo, I didn't realize my keyboard auto-fill/correct made that error.

now back to the discussion.

That`s not the way you represented it .
Talked about IBLs and worked lines that either were misrepresented [ pure Hash plant ] or were never in the catalog [NL F8 ] .

It was technically in the 1990 SB catalogue
picture.php

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

But where are all these IBL`s Nevil made ?
All the improved lines he worked as a master breeder . Not just a guy who crossed every thing to every thing as F1s and did progeny tests ?

EB the only point in making a ibl is to save a line...if you cant make it beter or the same wats the point...ibls to do properly take time...an example of one is the skunk...nevil line bred a line he called red skunk in one direction and another called the blue line in another direction..took a while...the 89 cheese came out of one of these....but the plan was to put these back together....then the 89nl seeds that are floating about are a ibl...but people have worked them further to release publicly due to old and limited amounts of seeds......alot of sams lines wer ibl'd for release.....some of the ibl'd lines coming from sssc wer from nevil...oaxacan#2 an #4 wer ibl....thers others.....haze he tried inbreeding...it f'd up so no point...only so much a person can do

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If there are intersex issues then they are hidden and triggered by stress so if they are triggered by stress that means they were grown poorly at best.

That's not always true. IME doesn't matter who's seeds your growing. If you grow enough of the same seeds you will find plants with problems.

TheDarkStorm

The 89 cheese was a bitch to reverse...took them decades....they managed to make feminised skunk easy...but the cheese clone was a problem

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had the same prob on a different plant. I know others have reversed her.. I tried 3x never could get any pollen from her. I make allot of fem pollen so I know it wasn't me :D

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
That's not always true. IME doesn't matter who's seeds your growing. If you grow enough of the same seeds you will find plants with problems.

You have hermaphrodites that show up only at sexing like you see in sativas and then you have what i call the dutch intersex issues that show up in flower early mid or late flower.I always believed that was introduced by afghani or indica genetics.

Again if the intersex issues are hidden they will only appear under a set stress trigger.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have hermaphrodites that show up only at sexing like you see in sativas and then you have what i call the dutch intersex issues that show up in flower early mid or late flower.I always believed that was introduced by afghani or indica genetics.

Again if the intersex issues are hidden they will only appear under a set stress trigger.

Like I said that's not always true. You will def find plants with intersex issues without stressors if you grow enough of them. How minor of a stressors is needed.

No one can predict what Mother nature does.:biggrin:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Well you can predict what a strain will do by growing it out mate i have never seen a pure sativa once sexed as a female hermaphrodite they only show up at sexing.

Dutch genetics can hermaphrodite from the start of flower to the end of flower or at any time in between.

The only time i would even consider to keep such a strain would be because of its extreme quality and if at worse produced say 10 to 20 seed a plant at worse.Then i would only grow it for personal and would try and clean it up.

T

TakenByTheSky

I know what to look for ...they will tell me .... when they’re ready to tell me

Those plants could blow up in flower and end up being longer flowering phenos which might explain why they're taking a little longer.

You can't always tell by looks how ssh is going to go, I've had some hazy phenos take over 16 weeks.

I wish I still had pics of some of my insanely wild SSH's over the years.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Those plants could blow up in flower and end up being longer flowering phenos which might explain why they're taking a little longer.

You can't always tell by looks how ssh is going to go, I've had some hazy phenos take over 16 weeks.

I wish I still had pics of some of my insanely wild SSH's over the years.

The odd thing i always saw in NH or a 50% haze hybrid like MH SSH / SHIT Haze was they always took 4 weeks to show sex.

Even if the clone plant ran much faster in flower than the seed mom the time it went into veg to flower never changed.

T

TakenByTheSky

I'm a little bit Rusty as I just fired back up again after only doing outdoor for the last few years. I have a few same orig haze x skunks in flower now and they took longer than normal to show sex.

I've been trying to pop some Nevilles haze I bought in 2015, so far I'm 1 out of 6, not too happy about the shitty germ because I know i paid a fortune for those seeds when I bought them.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well you can predict what a strain will do by growing it out mate i have never seen a pure sativa once sexed as a female hermaphrodite they only show up at sexing.

Dutch genetics can hermaphrodite from the start of flower to the end of flower or at any time in between.

The only time i would even consider to keep such a strain would be because of its extreme quality and if at worse produced say 10 to 20 seed a plant at worse.Then i would only grow it for personal and would try and clean it up.

you can't with only 10 seeds lol. I'm starting to understand how you think. I guess you'll bet the farm on those 10 seeds.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I'm a little bit Rusty as I just fired back up again after only doing outdoor for the last few years. I have a few same orig haze x skunks in flower now and they took longer than normal to show sex.

I've been trying to pop some Nevilles haze I bought in 2015, so far I'm 1 out of 6, not too happy about the shitty germ because I know i paid a fortune for those seeds when I bought them.

I remember seeing some great photos from growers running Sam's SkxHz they looked like some great crosses.

NH i find can have a thick seed case and can take a bit longer to germ hopefully they fire up for you Taken.

Being only 5 years old and stored well they should be germinating at close to 100% think i would be pissed also.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
you can't with only 10 seeds lol. I'm starting to understand how you think. I guess you'll bet the farm on those 10 seeds.

If your starting with 20 or more true F1 seed from the Breeder and you find 1 or more special plants and run clones for some years in or out doors you have a good understanding of what your working with.

Look at Nevil Hammer he got how many Haze seed to germinate less than 10 and from them he selected HzA and HzC that went on to produce some of the worlds best haze hybrids that are still prized in peoples Gardens all over the world.

Numbers mean very little selecting quality and working with quality genetics to biggin with is the impotent part.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

bit broad on the sativa intersex issue hempy ,
they show all kinds man ,
ive seen every type of hermie possible from sativas ,
goodness knows ive grown enough to see that too ,
i think you havent to make the statement u do about those issues ..

it s not just dutch hybrids ...

Status
Not open for further replies.