What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Hey Hempy

Here`s a bone for you . at 41.00 min in Sam talks about Haze . He says ; the Sth Indian and Thai were later Haze or what ever you want to call it .

He then says he doesn`t know if Nevil got the cross or the straight Colombian .

So Haze C maybe a Colombian x Thai and Haze A the Colombian ?

Hash Church .

https://youtu.be/2bJB63OBDb8

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Fair call TDS .
That`s why I didn`t debate Hempy`s plan to make Haze .

One statement says its Punto Rojo , then again like Hempy`s quote re the Thai leaning O Haze burning Bush ...
So I give up chasing my tail trying to be definitive .

I`ll grow it and make up my own mind . A few more weeks till its time to germinate some Mad mac gears .
G'day EB
One of the s1 OHz xSk#1 from a 30 year old cutting i had was a plant with a red stem.Unfortunately it was a male, although i first thought in the preflower period it was a female.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sure he got the Thai x also as I've grown landrace thai several time and got a hemp kinda version of C5 tasting and pure up clear High.
Obviously looked very different but the Terps and High were there definitely some relation.

Where did the Lemon side of Haze come from if no Thai was involved ?

The Swiss Thai x Nevil Haze made by Neville(RIP)has blown me away and I'm only smoking calyx's from the seeds and with a cure it has become a new grail and I dont say that lightly.
Amazing flavour like a Christmas tree , all pine , garlic and Frankincense on the back end and 4 tokes and your looking at the joint like wow .
I can't wait to run it unseeded and il bring the flowers to the next 420 cup and I'm looking to showcase this around the world and to reach the Haze heads in every country.

Neville Schoenmakers , still the king after all these years

Pic of Swiss Thai/ Nevil before it was pollinated at around 4 weeks and already showing insane Resin.

Seeds from the Swiss Thai/Nevil after being pollinated by the OG Kush dom Male
Hey Hempy

Here`s a bone for you . at 41.00 min in Sam talks about Haze . He says ; the Sth Indian and Thai were later Haze or what ever you want to call it .

He then says he doesn`t know if Nevil got the cross or the straight Colombian .

So Haze C maybe a Colombian x Thai and Haze A the Colombian ?

Hash Church .

https://youtu.be/2bJB63OBDb8

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_204922_787.jpg
    IMG_20200421_204922_787.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200421_213647_604.jpg
    IMG_20200421_213647_604.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 21

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman
FYI,
Burning Bush was an Original Haze with a strong Thai influence. I named it.
There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT.
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)

Originally Posted by Sam_Skunkman / Overgrow
Burning Bush was a pure Original Haze, on the Thai side with very thin buds that looked like shit, except they were covered in resin, an Oz would make a ziplock all sticky as hell inside. It was very very strong. Also hard to roll a jay because it was so sticky and did not burn so great, even though dryed and cured perfect. Just to much resin.

Any one that has grown up smoking real Thais and Colombians would be able to pick out the notes to both of these strains in haze as Both are unique in affect.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
in this instance im pretty sure selfed means crossed with itself hempy , not s1 etc ,, we have been through this conversation with sam before ..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
in this instance im pretty sure selfed means crossed with itself hempy , not s1 etc ,, we have been through this conversation with sam before ..

No look at the 2/ Afghan#1 pure indica inbreed.
Look at 6/ Mazari- Afghani indica pure.
Then look at 7/ indica sat hybrid f2 selfed.
8/Skunk#1 x South African P1 hybrid

Stocktont

Veteran
Sam has written “selfed” before meaning it is a female x male within the line, not feminized. Didn't you guys already have this question come up in this very thread? I know Sam has used the term “selfed” as an expression for “inbreeding” or filial breeding before the feminized seeds came on the market, just like Donald said above. I am sure Sam will weigh in on this when he reads it.

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Read the last lines of the 1st paragraph ...

it says ; by selfed we mean an F1 crossed with its own kind .

He has IBL Afghani ie not F1 crossed [selfed] so inbred line . Who knows how many generations before he got it ?

Fem is reversed female in Sam`s terms .

And... Put your reading glasses on - Skunk#1 x South African is an F 1 hybrid . Not P1 .The page has been folded where the F1 is written .

This is the other side of the catalog .
Variedad-Skunk-Sacred-Seeds-728x513.jpg

Cultivators Choice , creators of ; Sacred seeds , High Breed and Select Seeds ??

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
No look at the 2/ Afghan#1 pure indica inbreed.
Look at 6/ Mazari- Afghani indica pure.
Then look at 7/ indica sat hybrid f2 selfed.
8/Skunk#1 x South African P1 hybrid
we had this conversation with sam already like i said ,
i know u dont like or believe anything i post , but sometimes its on the money hempy like it or not ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
It really dose not bother me but i thought it was interesting to read Selfed in a catalogue from 84

harvestreaper

Veteran
I'm sure he got the Thai x also as I've grown landrace thai several time and got a hemp kinda version of C5 tasting and pure up clear High.
Obviously looked very different but the Terps and High were there definitely some relation.

Where did the Lemon side of Haze come from if no Thai was involved ?

The Swiss Thai x Nevil Haze made by Neville(RIP)has blown me away and I'm only smoking calyx's from the seeds and with a cure it has become a new grail and I dont say that lightly.
Amazing flavour like a Christmas tree , all pine , garlic and Frankincense on the back end and 4 tokes and your looking at the joint like wow .
I can't wait to run it unseeded and il bring the flowers to the next 420 cup and I'm looking to showcase this around the world and to reach the Haze heads in every country.

Neville Schoenmakers , still the king after all these years

Pic of Swiss Thai/ Nevil before it was pollinated at around 4 weeks and already showing insane Resin.

Seeds from the Swiss Thai/Nevil after being pollinated by the OG Kush dom Male
sounds great ojd whats the heritage of swiss thai not heard of that one ?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe it was a Thai plant that has been kept in Switzerland since the 80's but I'm not 100% on the year.

But from 1 Haze head to another this Swiss Thai/Nevil WOW

My man does it again.
Winner after winner after winner.

Hopefully some of you Haze heads will attend the next icmag meet up or Spannabis and you can taste it yourself and feel that ride and let me know what you think.
sounds great ojd whats the heritage of swiss thai not heard of that one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts