What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

led05

Chasing The Present
I don't know, man...all I know is that when those seeds finally get to my door, they're going into the soil asap, lol. Gonna grow me some Ohaze and hopefully find something worthy of all this pollen I've collected and held onto. I've got some other crosses I made last year that I'm looking forward to popping...Super Lemon Haze x a5T and Vietnamese Black x Super Laos, but Todd's hazes are going to have a place in my garden for sure this season...assuming the seeds arrive safely and in a reasonable amount of time.

HB.

1990 Ohz beans.... If those other ones don’t make it, I bet these are just as good, perhaps better.... ;)

Peace Bro, Wild West out here - where’s my cozy blanket....

0AAC62EC-1801-4406-BD48-A72A16CA6CAD.jpg

The only question I have is... Do Wally and Elmer become pals again over their love for Hempy ....! Ha

Last edited:

Leocadius

Veteran
I have a young friend who boasts that he smokes plants with a lot of THC, gorilla, cookies etc. One day I offered him C5 haze and the poor man sweated and sweated with only two puffs -:D

TheDarkStorm

I believe it was a Thai plant that has been kept in Switzerland since the 80's but I'm not 100% on the year.

But from 1 Haze head to another this Swiss Thai/Nevil WOW

My man does it again.
Winner after winner after winner.

Hopefully some of you Haze heads will attend the next icmag meet up or Spannabis and you can taste it yourself and feel that ride and let me know what you think.

Its thai 82 that greenhornet caried...I believe donated to nevil by a friend

F2F

Isnt that what he originally released as super silver haze upgraded....wasnt nevil still at ghs in 99...im sure he left in 99...an passed on his clones to shanti around 2002 just a bit before he left back to aus.

Dam thers a actual batch called covid killer...

Yeah I saw that COVID killer as well. I was thinking Nev was already with Howard and Shanti before ‘99.

Question for the SSH and MNS fans. So...is a ‘99 pack really a gem?

I don’t memorize timelines so much but heard over the years many times the 1998 and older MNS packs were the best and after ‘98 something changed. Don’t get me wrong I’ve grown/smoked SSH and MH from ~2014 packs that I really really liked.

Curious minds!
F2F

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I noticed the Covid name being used. IMO not a very good name to use for any brand.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I noticed the Covid name being used. IMO not a very good name to use for any brand.

I believe it is just a special auction with 3 different cbd strains don't think they named the strains that.

As for the SSH I weighed out some seed and it looks like about 100 give or take per gram although they are very old and who knows how they were kept. There is an advisory regarding germinating them and a test of 30%. Wonder how high that auction will go?

T

TakenByTheSky

I thought SSH was one of those strains that's never been changed, I've grown many over the years and feel like it's been changed a few times.

I had a pack in 2008 and I've bought 2 packs since then the the plants I got in 2008 yellow packs Ive never seen plants like that in the foil packs.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I’m looking at two males from the F3 1997 super silver haze ...oh the irony

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Isnt that what he originally released as super silver haze upgraded....wasnt nevil still at ghs in 99...im sure he left in 99...an passed on his clones to shanti around 2002 just a bit before he left back to aus.

Dam thers a actual batch called covid killer...

Nevil told me he only sold seed to GHS on consignment the plants and work he did was away from GHS.

The Swiss was the Green Hornets Thai 82 but Reeferman gave it to Nevil.

The Best Thai ended up being my 78 Thai and the best plants at the end Were the NH / MM/ Oaxacan / 78Thai .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Yeah I saw that COVID killer as well. I was thinking Nev was already with Howard and Shanti before ‘99.

Question for the SSH and MNS fans. So...is a ‘99 pack really a gem?

I don’t memorize timelines so much but heard over the years many times the 1998 and older MNS packs were the best and after ‘98 something changed. Don’t get me wrong I’ve grown/smoked SSH and MH from ~2014 packs that I really really liked.

Curious minds!
F2F

I have not grown any of Mr nice seeds that were produced in the last 10 or so years.

Saying that When Nevil gave Shanti his plant library he also handed him lots of seed he had made before he left Europe.

People that were at Cannabis World in Mr nice forum would remember even up until 2004 you could still get yellow packs from Mr Nice of Nevil original work.

I honestly cant compare the old seed to whats sold today but if the parents are the same the seed should be to.

The only haze line i know of that got re worked was Mango Haze you had the test seed then you had the released version.The MH was Shantis work from plants and seed Nevil handed shanti.

vanilla dutch

sams original haze x skunk is a winner if u ask me. bought one pack found 16 keepers all purple haze smell effects taste. one pheno had a light skunk smell once cured.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1583575218482.jpg
    FB_IMG_1583575218482.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200411_180934_603.jpg
    IMG_20200411_180934_603.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200415_121055.jpg
    20200415_121055.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 20

F2F

Yep, the yellow packs seem to be the common denominator when folks talk about then vs now.

I know they’re not supposed to be different but everyone whose grown both the old and new say something must have changed. I think the mystery fits this thread perfectly. :biggrin: Regardless, Ive been more than pleased with what I’ve gotten from the newer stuff.

Cheers,
F2F

I thought SSH was one of those strains that's never been changed, I've grown many over the years and feel like it's been changed a few times.

I had a pack in 2008 and I've bought 2 packs since then the the plants I got in 2008 yellow packs Ive never seen plants like that in the foil packs.

TheDarkStorm

Nevil told me he only sold seed to GHS on consignment the plants and work he did was away from GHS.

The Swiss was the Green Hornets Thai 82 but Reeferman gave it to Nevil.

The Best Thai ended up being my 78 Thai and the best plants at the end Were the NH / MM/ Oaxacan / 78Thai .

Yeah thats true hempy...but he himself was supplying them (ghs) his ssh up until 1999 I belive...an as far as I remember he had a selected ssh clone too which he entered in to the cup I think in 97 98 an 99 an won three years in a row...the same clone he passed on to shanti.... my point is wat was ssh upgraded which was how shantis first labeled his released ssh...? Shanti slipped up on insta 2 years back about how his ssh was made...im surprised no one clocked it..nevil hinted at the same thing too

The pictures of your thai put to the mullum outdoors are awsome...some serious bad ass plants come from that.

harvestreaper

Veteran
sams original haze x skunk is a winner if u ask me. bought one pack found 16 keepers all purple haze smell effects taste. one pheno had a light skunk smell once cured.

classic cross for sure thats an interesting blend you have if im reading the label right a three quarter sk1 crossed so a 50 a 50 so your beans were over half sk1 5 eighths sk1 3 eighths haze

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Yeah thats true hempy...but he himself was supplying them (ghs) his ssh up until 1999 I belive...an as far as I remember he had a selected ssh clone too which he entered in to the cup I think in 97 98 an 99 an won three years in a row...the same clone he passed on to shanti.... my point is wat was ssh upgraded which was how shantis first labeled his released ssh...? Shanti slipped up on insta 2 years back about how his ssh was made...im surprised no one clocked it..nevil hinted at the same thing too

The pictures of your thai put to the mullum outdoors are awsome...some serious bad ass plants come from that.

Shanti back crossed a lotta stuff to Skunk then re released it .

The one that baffles me is the Afghan / Sk .
Super Skunk was a best seller for Sensi . Shanti brought it back as Nordle .There hasn`t been much interest in it since it was 1st released about 10 yrs ago .
He tried crossing it to the Cannatonic when they 1st started CBD breeding .
I grew a few Nordles . No kick to the high . Prolly a CBD mix by the feel . Low ceiling high , but sleep like a log .

vanilla dutch

classic cross for sure thats an interesting blend you have if im reading the label right a three quarter sk1 crossed so a 50 a 50 so your beans were over half sk1 5 eighths sk1 3 eighths haze

i think it was 50 50 x 2 crossed to skunk. the result all purple haze with one having a slight skunk undertone. cant say about stature of the plants wasnt alive when skunk was around. they are very hazy. very

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts