What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few haze pictures from my Recent work in the Caribbean, the first pic is Haze E clone around 11 weeks , the second pic is about 9 weeks flowering a Clone the last Pic is a O haze x OTH IBL I have some more interesting Pics I grew several thousand Hazes we germinated around 700 seeds per round , I wish I could have dedicated a entire HA to the haze project like Pink Kush and other more demanded strains , I would be continuing this work now in St Vincent but the Virus has caused me Delays .

I will dig up some more interesting pics if anyone is interested , I learned a lot in the process of growing hazes near the Equator .

Charles

Hola EB

In my experience THHz mixes well with colombian genetics :)

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Planted my first seeds in 1972. In 1974 or 75 I was growing Columbian Red. I wish I had preserved some seeds, I had a bunch. The seeds were black as night.
In 1978 I was running Red Leb/Afghani, from seed that came from Lebanon, and Afghanistan. Some of the best weed I have ever grown

Hey Doc P, how would you describe the high from the Colombian Red you grew back then? Was it narcotic or more uplifting?

I have a small sample of some CR I got through a friend that was grown by Bodhi and I found the high to be very narcotic. The effects might have to do with the age of the sample, but I don’t know...it was well cured for sure.

I did find two seeds so far in the sample and they were indeed black...and larger than I would have imagined they’d be. Got one seed to sprout a tap root and still waiting on the other one.

I’m not sure what pollen bodhi allowed it to get hit with, so unless it hermed, it’s not a pure CR...I’m still curious to grow the seed out though just to see what they look like.

In other news, Todd’s Ohaze are 9/10 so far above ground. More to follow on those.

HB.

Last edited:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can’t read the pre-flower yet ,but my instinct tells me that this plant is a male ‘97 SSH
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=1209&pictureid=2023851View Image

Hola EB

In my experience THHz mixes well with colombian genetics :)
is the pic from reefermans grow or yours raco??

i know rm said he reckons there was no comparision growing hazes closer to the equator to indoor , not the same beast at all , as i have found also ...

That looks incredible Raco, do you find the male THH is working better as the parent or the colombians?
shouldnt matter the sex of the plant limey , its more the specific plant , not its sex ...

TheDarkStorm

How can you make a Haze like line if the parents you are breeding are different to the Haze parents ?

Haze is Punto Rojo inbred . How will your Red Colombian x Thia be like a Haze ?

People keep saying its punto rojo inbred...after years an years of it being on the market how many punto phenos has anyone seen..is anyone getting red tipped hair phenos...punto rojo was all ready a inbred landrace...inbreeding it once more or ten times more wouldn't change it so drastically...I doubt it even has pure punto rojo in it
(Not directed at you eb...was just a comment made in genral)

funkyhorse

I have a question
I do consult with a friend of mine which is an old patagonian grower about same age and experience as Raco
Back in the 80's it was common knowledge with the sativas we had here at the south of south america(at that time there were no indicas in the region and varieties were mainly paraguayan and some colombians too), the bigger you grow the plant the stronger it is and my friend said it was like that

I didnt find any difference in the quality of final product from big or small cuts in modern hybrids or supposedly landraces but on the Coljam variety which is made with CG80' I found differences in the quality of final product from same cut grown under same conditions and same substrate in 10 or 20 liter pots, being better the 20 liter pot buds

Maha Kala has mentioned this too, if you grow haze bigger it hits more. Could you people confirm this quality of old sativas and particularly of haze? Is this the reason why Zamal varieties are said to need at least 35 liter pots in order to shine?

OCS, did you grow a same cut of your Punto Rojo in different size pots? Did you find differences in the final product from same clone coming from bigger or smaller pots?

Have a nice week everybody

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie garcia View Post
Well Raco knows its source and dates he got them and better than me but is a pure colombian, very close related to the well known Punto Rojo, may be a cousin line. It doesnt taste like Punto Rojo grows thin and lanky. Small and delicated plant compared to other bigger and longer columbians, basically flowers in 10-12 weeks. It has a chocolat and spicy sweet aroma, medium internodal distance and medium/low yield

There is always a nice debate among us to know if is really a Punto Rojo or a Moño Rojo and if both are close related. Take in account Punto Rojo is wide spread genetic which looks even bit different depending on areas where is grown. Think is different to Columbian Red from what we hear as we have not much data yet of C. Red.

Hope Raco will complete info with sources data of these seeds. As usual, thx Raco for letting us try this cute line. Hope in next 2 years to explore deeper some Columbians to document and spare them well, Mangobiche, Punto Rojo, Sta Marta, Corintianas, etc

Best

Kaiki´s old post ^^

I´ll be back asap...hard times and so little time

THOH P1 revegged and flipped under skylight :)

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
People keep saying its punto rojo inbred...after years an years of it being on the market how many punto phenos has anyone seen..is anyone getting red tipped hair phenos...punto rojo was all ready a inbred landrace...inbreeding it once more or ten times more wouldn't change it so drastically...I doubt it even has pure punto rojo in it
(Not directed at you eb...was just a comment made in genral)

Fair call TDS .
That`s why I didn`t debate Hempy`s plan to make Haze .

One statement says its Punto Rojo , then again like Hempy`s quote re the Thai leaning O Haze burning Bush ...
So I give up chasing my tail trying to be definitive .

I`ll grow it and make up my own mind . A few more weeks till its time to germinate some Mad mac gears .

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice looking strain , what is it ?
Looks exactly like G13 Haze phenos from Somas famous G13 Haze Male that turn up in X's made with the Male which is a C Haze dom pheno which I always thought was a Thai pheno and contributes the lemon/lime/lemon pine in all the Haze in Holland

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Marcus_in_the_Darkus

I was fortunate enough to trade for some Punto Rojo x Mangobiche F1 seeds with a very generous and thoughtful MNS member. He grew them from CBG stock, and made his own cross. He is welcome to identify himself but he may choose not to. I even obtained some of his perfectly cured Colombian bud. While not the most potent weed, the high and flavor are wonderful and I save it for special occasions. It has that peppery, earthy, spicy smell that brings me right back to the 1970s. It's truly sublime cannabis.
https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/232054-post1.html

I inquired about The One x Punto Rojo, hoping the Punto Rojo may have come from an old BOEL stash via Coots. The male came from CBG seed, and as of a couple months ago the male and its progeny were untested. That's not breeding. I'll let someone else be the guinea pig. Besides, I'm looking for a pure sativa experience here, not interested in Indica hybrids.

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/232196-post10.html

OldCoolSativa

Very nice looking strain , what is it ?

Thanks. As funkyhorse said, it's a punto rojo via TLT seed collected in Colombia by Criposo Art. That photo was taken at harvest after 20 weeks of flowering. It was the only sexually stable plant from that run, and the only red-pointed one. It had relatively wide leaves (for a sativa) during veg, but there's no doubt it's a legit sativa. Last fall I hit a clone of that plant with some pollen from 1978 Colombian Gold bagseed and am growing out the progeny now. Beautiful sativas. Here's the later-flowering male I selected from this puntodorado run at 4 weeks:

attachment.php

Interested to see how this cross works out...red-pointed plants would be nice, as would golden buds. I'm going to flush for at least 4 weeks to see if I can bring out the gold color from the father. But I'm going to select for the Colombian gold high I remember from the 1970s, some of the best weed I ever smoked. I still have a little '78 CG pollen left in the freezer and hope to back-cross some of the females back to dad. The dude who grew out some of his '78 bagseed last year said about one in four or five plants was a wire-leaf pheno. I'd like to find some of those in the F2s or BXs.

Hempy, yes, that's my user name at MNS, and the first quote you made was in reference to an earlier Colombian grow I did of punto rojo x mangobiche from CBG stock. That was great weed and I'm smoking a joint of 16-month cured puntobiche right now. I was referring to Gascanistan's "breeding" prowess in the other quote.

After learning everything I could about haze, I decided it would be fun to create my own version. It's going to be interesting to see what Todd's OHaze seeds turn up. Meanwhile I'm happy playing with my Colombian mashups.

Attachments

• PD4 F29.jpg
    PD4 F29.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 20

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy, yes, that's my user name at MNS, and the first quote you made was in reference to an earlier Colombian grow I did of punto rojo x mangobiche from CBG stock. That was great weed and I'm smoking a joint of 16-month cured puntobiche right now. I was referring to Gascanistan's "breeding" prowess in the other quote.

After learning everything I could about haze, I decided it would be fun to create my own version. It's going to be interesting to see what Todd's OHaze seeds turn up. Meanwhile I'm happy playing with my Colombian mashups.

Hi OldCoolSativa i think a lot of people are watching to see what Todd brings to the table i saw a video of Todd this week were again he claimed Nevil only had 3 haze plants to work from that is untrue.

I think finding quality old school sativas on line is becoming extremely hard but a lot are still out there.

Nothing wrong with growing Colombian mashups mate Columbine strains can be very special.

Creating a haze LIKE line is a worthy goal something i have wanted to do for years.

I think finding the best Haze or haze hybrids relating to the Haze Sam took to Holland is also important i worked that out soon as i smoked some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts