What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Shiva Grows

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
blunts i like but don't smoke tabacco anymore so they are ruled out for me. i like the taste and effect

i enjoy cigars too but i avoid them now
Tell me about it, it's been around 9 years I think since I quit cigarettes. Nowadays I vape my weed 95% of the time. I roll a weed only joint from time to time but not very often at all, just because the lack of tobacco feels so disappointing and unfulfilling.

clear sunny day today and it is 60% humidity . that is as low as it gets on the west side of the uk
So do you regularly use a dehumidifier? I probably wouldn't be able to finish most my indoor grows without using one.

shiva82

Tell me about it, it's been around 9 years I think since I quit cigarettes. Nowadays I vape my weed 95% of the time. I roll a weed only joint from time to time but not very often at all, just because the lack of tobacco is so disappointing and unfulfilling.

So do you regularly use a dehumidifier? I probably wouldn't be able to finish most my indoor grows without using one.
the only time it is an issue is during the dark period, which i have set during the day and have extraction on high and have the vdp set . i use a big hyper fan , oversized and have heating in my house etc , and i control the climate myself. i used to use a dehumdifier, but i do not over fill any spaces and have my set up so i manage without . if i was growing more numbers, i would need a dehumidifier for sure.

shiva82

60% outside today @ 21 c . in the tent , with more heat , sealed , less plants , exchange and such, the humidity is 45-50 today inside the tent . the weather does dictate. i usually get lucky rev

shiva82

i'm due to update my fan again. it has not been turned off in 7 years haha. maybe for 5 minutes now and then just to allow to cool down fully.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
condensing moisture is the cause of problems
Yeah morning dew is the biggest killer, and humidity swings. If you can control it with the heat from the house then that's half the battle won. No one has central heat where I live so it's quite expensive to keep an indoor grow in the winter. Needs its own heater and so on.

shiva82

Yeah morning dew is the biggest killer, and humidity swings. If you can control it with the heat from the house then that's half the battle won. No one has central heat where I live so it's quite expensive to keep an indoor grow in the winter. Needs its own heater and so on.
i have it venting into my bathroom , so it heats my bathroom. i have that window ajar always all year. i have thermostats on radiators, that switch on when it gets too cold, and that stops condensing on cold surfaces and dew points. my intake comes from the dry house and my co2 from when i sleep on the intake. , amd then fans in the grow room on high and blowing always . key is to not let any water condense . a dehumdifier is great but too costly and too noisy for me . in bigger grows i use a dehumidifier

shiva82

if you have a grow tent in a cold house then you get that black mould easily growing on the walls. key is to keep surfaces free of condensing damp on cold surface due to dew points . vented , and background heat when freezing and you are ok

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
if you have a grow tent in a cold house then you get that black mould easily growing on the walls. key is to keep surfaces free of condensing damp on cold surface due to dew points . vented , and background heat when freezing and you are ok
I'm not a fan of tents, I've had a dedicated grow room in the last 3 places I've lived at. That seems to be coming to an end soon though. I'm gonna quit growing indoors most likely.

RobFromTX

Thats why i constantly leave a fan on my plants. Mold cant form as long as theres air flow moving around the growroom. Atleast its worked for me

shiva82

this is the 8 inch fan i use that has been on 24/7 since i have had it. the one prior was a box type tornado , oversized but doesn't clear that much compared to this hyper fan. i use a silencer at the end before it enters my bathroom

Attachments

• IMG_9195.JPG
    IMG_9195.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 34

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
this is the fan i use that has been on 24/7 since i have had it. the one prior was a box type tornado , oversized but doesn't clear that much compared to this hyper fan. i use a silencer at the end before it enters my bathroom
You should have a silencer in your bathroom as well shiva, the plants shouldn't be forced to hear your morning farts 🤷‍♂️

RobFromTX

I don't actually. I know black mould is dangerous to have in the house. Is it very humid in Texas?

Insanely humid here. And that black molds a big problem here too. Ive read it can cause permanent lung damage but ive been exposed to it off and on. Lungs working great for a 40 year old pothead haha :D