What's new

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

bigherb

Veteran

Sub24ox7

Gorgeous pictures 😍 👏

I love those fat calyx n stacked foxtails , looks like you did her justice. You got me drooling

Can you please share your experience of Taste / Aromas aswell as Effects

1luvbigherb
Dark, peppery, fine cigar, incense
Clear but slightly dreamy high.
That was the large calyx phenos I can’t remember for sure but the smaller calyxes pheno may have been more pine

bigherb

Veteran
That was the large calyx phenos I can’t remember for sure but the smaller calyxes pheno may have been more pine
⛪🔥🔥🔥Sounds delicious 😋, Dark /peppery / incense with those effects sounds like something I'd love in my jar

Thanks for Sharing, keep emm coming

Respect 🙏

1luvbigherb

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CB721337-4336-47D8-B7EA-A883A54ACD40.jpeg
EC1FD4D7-4257-4AC3-AD34-2AF770682F1D.jpeg
0CEC8712-4D6E-45FE-BCC3-616B35DBD7ED.jpeg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Hey sub! How did you flower the multi haze? I took cuts to sex and put them in 12/12 six weeks ago yesterday. One male showed at 4.5 weeks, but the other 4 plants haven't showed any sign.
Seems like it's will be a long flowering strain at 12/12, looking at 11/23 and 10/14 for the running thf future

Sub24ox7

@CannaRed
I never took cuts and should have. Those were all seed plants and I light dep them outside at 11/13. They were vegged at 18/6 for a long time first. I find that with these pure sats it’s best to veg a good bit until they are more mature then they go into flower more readily. When you go to flower to early they just stretch and take forever to start to bud.

Started them in February from seed inside at 18/6 then at mid May started taking them outside and back into dark at 11/13 they were done by sometime in August.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
@CannaRed
I never took cuts and should have. Those were all seed plants and I light dep them outside at 11/13. They were vegged at 18/6 for a long time first. I find that with these pure sats it’s best to veg a good bit until they are more mature then they go into flower more readily. When you go to flower to early they just stretch and take forever to start to bud.

Started them in February from seed inside at 18/6 then at mid May started taking them outside and back into dark at 11/13 they were done by sometime in August.
What size pots did you use?
I usually bloom in 3 gal pots of 70/30 coco and perlite mix. My bloom tents are set up with automatic watering system, but that only allows 1 plant per tent, (or 3 in one of my tents). I think I'm going to put these hazes in my bloom closet and hand water. That way I can put as many plants as I want.
I don't know if it's just in my head, but sativa's seem to also take longer to start blooming when they're in bigger pots. I might do a closer run in one gal pots, to try to keep the hazes shorter and easier to tame. Lol

Sub24ox7

I wasn’t concerned with them getting too big as I was just hauling them in and outside. They were in 2 and 3 gallon until they were rootbound. I then up potted to 15 gallon air pots and starting 11/13 immediately afterward. They all ended up around 7 foot tall. I have found you can limit stretch with sativas by letting them get rootbound start flowering them then up pot once bud set has started.

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
hybrids ruin haze? or hybrids better than the sum?

(obviously it's a case by case, i'm just fishing for elaborations)

i've seen where ppl love pure sativa haze hybrids, i've seen where ppl say hybrids just ruin the haze.

something like those colombian haze and zamal haze done by one of the legends on here... they look to me like they'd be grail material.

what's the scoop? experiences, insights, smoke reports, please and thank you. the more info the better lol i'm like a freshly cleaned sponge for the haze info rn.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
most smell like Aframomum melegueta pepper
kind metal with pine/lemon...
i'll don't smell it so much... but my friends said after smoking in a room and coming in
that it has this incense sandalwood smell in da air...
church would also fit me think...
grains of paradise are very heavy on the caryophyllene... once you smell pure beta caryophyllene, you can't miss it in black pepper and especially grains of paradise.

the sandalwood smell hints (imo) at a sesquiterp heavy cocktail, my guess anyway.

all the best weed i like has caryophyllene right up front for my olfactory (and general) pleasure.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hybrids ruin haze? or hybrids better than the sum?

(obviously it's a case by case, i'm just fishing for elaborations)

i've seen where ppl love pure sativa haze hybrids, i've seen where ppl say hybrids just ruin the haze.

something like those colombian haze and zamal haze done by one of the legends on here... they look to me like they'd be grail material.

what's the scoop? experiences, insights, smoke reports, please and thank you. the more info the better lol i'm like a freshly cleaned sponge for the haze info rn.
it depends on angle of view... from my point of view when haze is crossed to Triangle Kush, Black Lime Reverse, NorthernLights etc. duration of effect gets shortened, lower ceiling and overall cerebral quality is taken down. not like real haze. is it strong smoke? oh yes.

I crossed it several times to blue genetics... mostly it gets more gentle and mild... not like real haze. it lacks something in power.

I dont know how many different sativas you grew, but most of them are not up there with good haze. just talked about it with my sativa friend and he said zamal has one dimensional high compared to good haze... figure out. it is just opinion.

now let say that you have very speedy sativa, like durban and you will cross it with pure haze. it will get more speedy than ohz, but will it keep complexity of the real haze effect? from my experience probably not. it will be more speedy but less psychedelic. but sure it can be good smoke.

I mean, especially this cross durban x ohz were done many times in history. by Skunkman too, but also by others... I dont see anybody would grow it these days.. or south indian x ohz from Skunkman. didnt do it till these days. but seedsman haze did it till now as you see.

crossing original haze to other sativas is no novelty. it was done a lot in 80s and 90s... like acapulco gold x original haze, swazi gold x haze, south indian x haze, maui waui x haze etc...

this year I crossed haze to african seeds malawi :D I hope haze will improve malawi, not opposite :D

Koondense

Veteran
+1 for the "Haze improves (insert any variety)"
Personal opinion from very limited experience with OHaze hybrids but mostly from mixing buds for smoking/vaping.
A slight piece of OHaze bud added to some (insert any variety) bud will make it a pretty different experience, since I have stopped growing indoors I have saved just 2g of OHaze(Seedsman/JC) from 2021/22.
Sometimes I mix it with some "Cookies" or other generic hybrid stuff I get lately in any minuscule amount, 1/10 ratio already changes the dullness of Cookies and makes it more interesting.
I hope to make another OHaze grow asap, it's going to be hard to live with just 2g for some time.
Diluting to infinity, microdosing with single trichome heads :)

Cheers