What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

Holyherb420

This has been a weird outdoor season for me this year. I waited till mother's day to put my plants out so they wouldn't bloom too early, I even placed solar powered LED spotlights on them, just in case. My spotlight idea didn't work, maybe they weren't strong enough.
My Durban Poison started blooming and never went back into reveg. I've never seen a plant not go back into veg. I chopped her down last week.

The Freakshow went about a month before starting to bloom, which is weird. She's finally fully back into veg now. Up to my chest now. View attachment 19033214
View attachment 19033215
Critical Mass x PurpAl didn't really ever start to bud, she just started revegging threw a bunch of 1 finger leaves, got very bushy and grew about a thousand grow tips.

I also put out a Multi Haze from IC member @JohnnyChicago. I just put it outside to watch it grow, I know it won't finish blooming here in Virginia. In fact I don't even know if it was start blooming here in Virginia. 😂 Indoors i put 3 multi haze into 12/12 for 7 weeks before one showed sex. I then put them into 11/13 on June 26th and the other two still haven't showed sex.

View attachment 19033216 View attachment 19033217

I also put two plants next to the volunteer tomatoes.
View attachment 19033218

Im not a good enough outdoor grower or our weather doesn't allow me to grow good outdoor. My best results outdoors don't even compare to my indoor. The humidity is usually so high here in Va that most dense budded plants will rot.
My best harvest outdoors was last years Freakshow, she didn't rot too much at all, but maybe 3/4 as good tasting as indoors.
Your plants are looking good!
IMG_7074.jpeg
I get away with cheap string lights from amazon to keep them from flowering.

mudballs

My Durban Poison started blooming and never went back into reveg. I've never seen a plant not go back into veg. I chopped her down last week.
I believe i have an answer for this finally. I saw it too several years back..2yrs i worked same 4 plants in veg lighting...just stayed funky one leaf garbage. The reason is a plant needs to exhaust its supply of mir156. Microdna156 search results before it can fully begin flowering stage.
So, this postulates the plant can not remake mir156, can not make enough of it to flip plant, or maybe it lost the ability to use mir156...that's also a possibility i think...more reading required on my part.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They say on the Potcast, outdoor has the potential to be better. Just can be difficult to manage with the seasons.

Great looking gardens everyone~! OVERGROW THE WORLD ICMAG! Really impressed guys! Beautiful plants! :smoke:

Good weather here. Heat and sun followed by rain and heat and sun, then it cools down for a few days. Hoping for not too early of a freeze/frost like it did in 2022. It froze hard early Oct when its usually about Oct 20.

Males are all selected, 7 out of the 11 are leaning out to the fence to reduce competition with females. Cut back the brush around the plants again Trees are growing!

Just 1 more feeding to go then harvest. HOpe to see them branch out this week!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I bought it for fun as a gimmick, I just wanted to see the crazy fern leaf. But we love it. Love the stank. All funk and lil fuel, no fruit or floral. It's my wife's favorite strain, so I ordered a few more packs to see what else is in there.
Yeah it's so unique I might ornamental it even if it sucked, fact that its funky is awesome. Be interesting to hear what you find. (y)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Hi Yield cottonseed meal may have been solvent extracted, its used in animal feed it says in the article. That may have been the cause of the smell. Not using it anymore. Its not organic, had to use it in a pinch. We have been getting lots of rain and plants needed feeding. Only got half the rate of Hi Yield cottonseed meal thankfully, its too cheap.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Updated Pipeline Farms 2024--

Not worried as much about the cheap cottonseed meal, its likely just some solvent residue. They add it to animal feed.

The plants need the fertilizer, we've been getting rain and have excessive rain potentially on the way. Want to stay on the feeding schedule to make sure they're fed. Was starting to see some yellowing leaves on the bottom set and a couple tall plants had some slight yellowing at the tips of just a couple of the biggest leaflets. Just some normal initial signs of nitrogen deficiency.

Works out really well to feed after pulling males, have a bunch of holes in the ground, aerated soil and the fertilizer gets integrated into the freshly loosened soil! Better to feed and water the plants. They get the crust broken and probably helps roots grow and be healthy having more oxygen!

Few more views from the garden. Plants are spaced really well. Once the males go, should be able to have the gaps mostly filled in by surrounding plants!

full

full

full

full

full

Another great pollinator male! Strong vigorous growth. Wide leaves with indica structure. Longer to normal internodes some branching.

full

Favorite structure branchy female plant even in some shade!

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This mornings work. A little over a qp of hash View attachment 19033665
That looks like some clean fine sieve kief! How did you make it? What size screen?

I used a dry ice extraction with a 220 mesh screen with 60 second shaking sessions with about an ounce of flower with a couple handfulls of golf ball-sized dry ice chunks, Did the extraction in a bucket with a reciprocating saw setup.

full

Holyherb420

That looks like some clean fine sieve kief! How did you make it? What size screen?

I used a dry ice extraction with a 220 mesh screen with 60 second shaking sessions with about an ounce of flower with a couple handfulls of golf ball-sized dry ice chunks, Did the extraction in a bucket with a reciprocating saw setup.

full
Nice! Mine is water hash 159-45U i had just took it out of the freeze dryer and sieved it using a wire strainer in the cold room

Latest posts

Latest posts