What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I will not grow original haze, lumbo or thai dom, indoors. I have better results with hybrids indoors. that is reason I make hybrids. if you can grow in tropical climate, there is no reason for hybrids, unless you sell buds as you need better yield.

I grew ohz indoors like 5 times and I can understand why anybody would say hybrid is better.

it is question of opinion if it improves every variety. I grew several sour diesel x haze crosses, and none of it was better than sour diesel.

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
hybrids ruin haze? or hybrids better than the sum?

(obviously it's a case by case, i'm just fishing for elaborations)

i've seen where ppl love pure sativa haze hybrids, i've seen where ppl say hybrids just ruin the haze.

something like those colombian haze and zamal haze done by one of the legends on here... they look to me like they'd be grail material.

what's the scoop? experiences, insights, smoke reports, please and thank you. the more info the better lol i'm like a freshly cleaned sponge for the haze info rn.

My take is - depends, what you want to achieve with hybrids?...and better is a matter of personal preference.
To me, the Original Haze is perfectly balanced. The best examples are truly phenomenal smoke, it has this grounded energy without triggering anxiety, a lot of euphoria, feel good vibes and trippy long lasting high with clean comedown. Combination that may be rare to find. Adding anything to it might disrupt the subtle qualities, but with the right ingredient you can achieve any goal. Its just not gonna be Haze anymore, rather something new.

I keep one mother from Thai x 90's Original Haze (seeds from Golli), and the Thai in it definitely tipped the scales towards more anxious speedy effect, which to me disrupted the Haze balance...but after 6 months in jar, its again perfect. It also has some other interesting qualities, absolute beast vigor and unique smell, somehow it smells like lime ice-cream dipped in pine resin and incense.
DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it was Tom Hill who preserved X18. respect to him

small calyx pheno, like @Sub24ox7 described, piney peppery

sedsmanhz.JPG

seedsman... I get munchies on it and slight sedation... I mean this pheno. if you want right sativa ride, this is not it. it needs cure, but I doubt sedation will cure out. nice weed for meditation I guess. this was pheno 8, I have high hopes for pheno2, it was the quickest, only 14 weeks, but it seems to be racy and more dynamic. not so good smelling like pheno8 though... green fishy smell...

some phenos smelled very similar to bandaid haze in fact. just without that gummy thing in bandaid haze... I read black lumbo description, it supposed to be fruity gummy incense. it leads me to consideration that there is not wacky weed in these phenos of seedsman I got... just classic lumbo gold peppery incense haze.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I can compare the seedsman original haze to the Nevil Haze times Positronics . Lots of similarities. One is not necessarily better than the other.
indeed both have dreamy space out effect. posi haze just gave some energy to Nhz, removed sedation and made it more lucid...

anyway I am talking about the effect after smoking herb! not extract... different things....

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
as far as posi haze and seedsman haze comparison. both are different animals.

terps profile is very different. posi haze is not piney peppery incense. and is all about citric mango. that's why we call it mango heads. posi haze is fruity and is NOT incense like Tom Hill said several times in this thread. and it is metallic.

canadian growers of seedsman told me it is faint lemon. I cant smell any lemon in my seedsman hazes. hehehe no way. so maybe they have some different seedsman selection there than what I got. Idk.

Sub24ox7

I got 1 definite lemon lime pheno in the seedsman from Starcrash, all the rest were pepper incense pine and metal.
The lemon lime plant was the best plant I grew from the StarCrash seed.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I dont agree with "metal"... what you guys call "metal" is livers smell... which can be metallic somehow, but far from metal shop smell.

bigherb

Veteran
Lotta interesting Convo lately

Great to see All my Haze brothers sharing there experiences with the different lines available , especially Maha glad I make you 😃

I found a limey peppery pheno in Madmac Original Haze repro which is very reminiscent of one pheno of what I know as jack Herrer .

It was a pearl pheno , fat calyx . Strong clear up effects but I really really don't enjoy that flavor profile . Few pics below

Along with 3 pics of 2 foxtail pheno of our Uptown Haze , taken from video of my Dvr almost 20 years ago

1luvbigherb

Attachments

• foxtail20haze202b.jpg
    foxtail20haze202b.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 41
  • foxtail20haze201b.jpg
    foxtail20haze201b.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240114_200105.jpg
    20240114_200105.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • 20240112_204415.jpg