What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

elanius

Veteran
I got 1 definite lemon lime pheno in the seedsman from Starcrash, all the rest were pepper incense pine and metal.
The lemon lime plant was the best plant I grew from the StarCrash seed.

Yeah it seems there are some rare lime phenotypes in the OHaze, I got just two of these expressions from many females, there were very potent but not the best smoke for me. The best one I found smells just like the best THH minus green thai mango - metallic, sour and thyme, but it was the only one with this profile. The golli haze seems to have bit more sour fruit and liver in the smell, and different bud structure.
Recently I finished one of the feminized Hazes from Mac. that was very close to my keeper in smell, but without the Thyme.

Not the best look to her as she was just a small plant heavily seeded, but I can tell from the vigor and bud structure, this one would be a beast.
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0062.JPG

elanius

Veteran
Lotta interesting Convo lately

Great to see All my Haze brothers sharing there experiences with the different lines available , especially Maha glad I make you 😃

I found a limey peppery pheno in Madmac Original Haze repro which is very reminiscent of one pheno of what I know as jack Herrer .

It was a pearl pheno , fat calyx . Strong clear up effects but I really really don't enjoy that flavor profile . Few pics below

Along with 3 pics of 2 foxtail pheno of our Uptown Haze , taken from video of my Dvr almost 20 years ago

1luvbigherb
So what is your impression of the Hazes mr bigherb? Btw, if you plan to grow more OHaze in the future, try different source to have a sample from broader spectrum of genetics. Just the seeds from highest yielding females were sent to the shop...

kro-magnon

Veteran
I loved smoked meats, but I would never stuff it in my pipe :hide:
It was a very unusual tasting weed and the closest I could think of was grilled pork sausage, it was a strange experience to smoke this plant, it came from a freebee seed called Mystery Sativa and I don't know where the pollen came from could have been 3 different strains so no way to know the genetic make up.I have never found a plant with a similar terpene profile but knowing some people had some chorizo pheno in other strains help me to think I'm not crazy.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was a very unusual tasting weed and the closest I could think of was grilled pork sausage, it was a strange experience to smoke this plant, it came from a freebee seed called Mystery Sativa and I don't know where the pollen came from could have been 3 different strains so no way to know the genetic make up.I have never found a plant with a similar terpene profile but knowing some people had some chorizo pheno in other strains help me to think I'm not crazy.
"Picadillo" ...minced meat to make chorizos lol
Kush?:biggrin:

Chorizo can be made from a variety of different ingredients depending on the variety of chorizo and where it is made. Most Spanish chorizos feature three common ingredients: pork, smoked paprika and garlic. The pork is coarsely chopped and mixed with bits of pork fat and seasonings, which vary based on the region.

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
"Picadillo" ...minced meat to make chorizos lol
Kush?:biggrin:

Chorizo can be made from a variety of different ingredients depending on the variety of chorizo and where it is made. Most Spanish chorizos feature three common ingredients: pork, smoked paprika and garlic. The pork is coarsely chopped and mixed with bits of pork fat and seasonings, which vary based on the region.
I love chorizo, I'm from south of France even lived in the Basque coun try for a while, they have a specialty with their espelette chili and capres, it's like chorizo paste you heat it before eating that's delicious.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
The lemon lime plant was the best plant I grew from the StarCrash seed.
are you kidding me?

lemon lime haze over peppery incense one? wait. wait. wait. according to those haze experts there is nothing better than incense haze, just that terp profile itself guarantees super trippy high, and it opens 3d eye hahahahahhahaha and you say lemon lime haze over it? c´mon.

//////

´

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I found the strongest"metal" smell in one DC x THH F3....super pungent metal shop smell ...turpentine,oily,resins,somewhat citrus maybe...smells I've never found in DC :)

View attachment 19030026

View attachment 19030038
The plant was short columnar BLD type
I had metallic super silver haze cut as well as metallic bandaid haze...

people confuses livery metal of lumbo haze and metal shop.

metal shop is completely different smell. I discussed it with Tom and we both agreed that it is not very appealing smell. but he said he is afraid of breeding it out... that the magic of line can be lost.

this is old time moonshine x dchaze cut, I had for a while, very deep chunkish as that shit is so dominant, but metallic too. first hour it smokes like best haze ever, after that it got some deep chunk sedation:

full

bigherb

Veteran
So what is your impression of the Hazes mr bigherb? Btw, if you plan to grow more OHaze in the future, try different source to have a sample from broader spectrum of genetics. Just the seeds from highest yielding females were sent to the shop...
MY impression is that I've finally experienced True sativa/ NLD effects . I've gotten high for the first time in 26 years

Incredible soaring effect that goes up up n never crashes . No burnout or groggy comedown. Clear/euphoric / Happy / laughter all amplified by Original Haze . It's soo clear I can feel sober until you start doing things and realize your under the Haze spell

Ive gotten to experience the long list of traits that SamS Long ago shared with me
Sweet Sour peppery musky woody incense pine All traits common amongst this Haze offering

My first Original Haze run , there is soo much more to learn . Reading is not the same as hands on experience. My next run will be much different , less plants more space

Respect to all the Original Haze Growers , growing cannabis is an art but growing Haze you must master the Art

I chose to grow this Stock because of the Seedsman HAZE from JC , knowing his immense love Knowledge and passion of Haze . Then Goli Haze being a older source , I'd believe more pure than others . Thinking this could have the best offering of Haze

Soo please share what Original Haze Stock / Source would you suggest to grow next

I have every Original Haze line that's been offered and available in my valut . All I've collect are what I've learned and considered Of True Original Haze Stock

This is the first I've learned of only seeds from the highest yielding phenos were sent to the shop . It's frustrating that more details aren't shared but I understand very well the many reasons why

PR* seeds is where i obtained my Stock The first Madmac open pollination is what I have , I bought 100 seeds at the time . My understanding it was the Original OP and others were done later with more selected stock

1luvbigherb

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

lol that 1970 colombian gold i grew had a decidedly “cumin” flavor too it.

my buddy who is more of an indica fan, calls it my “chili-dog” weed

IMG_0710.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts