What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Pre-gaming for the 2015 Outdoor Season

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Howdy! I'm new here and chose this specific thread to make my first post. Very helpful information and wonderful work you are doing and have done Team Microbe! Good luck to you this year and hope you reap lbs of benefits lol. I've been in the guerilla game now for 6 years as we are the same age, guerilla is my only choice here in Eastern Ky. I'm getting a late start this year as far as ground prep goes but ahead of what I normally am with clones and mothers.

My 3 most valuable spots that I've used and got by with for years last year got hit by the LEO's and they took everyone of my baby's, so i'm off to finding new sites and locations. It wont be easy as I work alone, don't have a partner "which id give anything to have, just cant seem to find anyone that I trust" but one day I may. They flew hard here last year and got many plots of friends also. So my main concern is security from above. I've never lost one plant in my entire life by land spotting, only the bird in the sky.

As I've kept my face in the cannabis news I seen that Ky and the most part of the Appalachia got a HUGE fund this year on the drug war and focusing on marijuana eradication pretty heavily also. It hurts to know that we have to battle this never ending battle man, but we gotta keep our guerilla spirits strong and win this fight!

Lack of sleep and feeling pretty giddy tonight so i'll nap and check back in this morning or afternoon. Glad I found this thread and excited to meet you guys and begin our 2015 outdoor season!

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Howdy! I'm new here and chose this specific thread to make my first post. Very helpful information and wonderful work you are doing and have done Team Microbe! Good luck to you this year and hope you reap lbs of benefits lol. I've been in the guerilla game now for 6 years as we are the same age, guerilla is my only choice here in Eastern Ky. I'm getting a late start this year as far as ground prep goes but ahead of what I normally am with clones and mothers.

My 3 most valuable spots that I've used and got by with for years last year got hit by the LEO's and they took everyone of my baby's, so i'm off to finding new sites and locations. It wont be easy as I work alone, don't have a partner "which id give anything to have, just cant seem to find anyone that I trust" but one day I may. They flew hard here last year and got many plots of friends also. So my main concern is security from above. I've never lost one plant in my entire life by land spotting, only the bird in the sky.

As I've kept my face in the cannabis news I seen that Ky and the most part of the Appalachia got a HUGE fund this year on the drug war and focusing on marijuana eradication pretty heavily also. It hurts to know that we have to battle this never ending battle man, but we gotta keep our guerilla spirits strong and win this fight!

Lack of sleep and feeling pretty giddy tonight so i'll nap and check back in this morning or afternoon. Glad I found this thread and excited to meet you guys and begin our 2015 outdoor season!

Is there any way you can point me in the direction of the news about the funding for this year? My state Flys relatively heavily (though heavier in some parts than others) and I'd like to have a detailed heads up about this year.

Also, what are you guys' opinions on planting near state borders? I have a feeling that the borderline may be less heavily patrolled due to jurisdiction concerns; i.e. "hmmm, I know the boarder is somewhere down there, but not exactly sure if that patch is in our state or the next one" so maybe they don't patrol too heavily. On the other hand, maybe since they're just pulling plants it's possible that they just don't give a fuck about jurisdiction.

w4tch

Not too late. I still have to order mine, but I'm not doing clones or pre-veg at all this year so really I don't need my seeds until end of April/early May

Im gunna try to pump out a few clones and just get a little late start. I might buy a few to start from seed outside too. I just need to figure out what strains I wanna pickup this year

MountainBudz

Shakira, in my state and in my area they pay just as much attention to the borders of the state and county lines as they do any where else. There are a lot of federal agencies involved in the eradication season and they however have jurisdiction anywhere they wanna stick their stinky noses.

Are you located in KY or TN?

MountainBudz

Last year when they got my plot, they also found my mother plants in a location on a separate ridge, then on another ridge about a mile from that they got my seed/breeding plot. Talk about being hurt... I'm sort of screwed on what to run this year outdoors, even though I do have very many seeds I've bred along the last few years, they still aren't very stable yet.

I focused more on the indoor spectrum of the game and started getting into strains well suited for indoor. I've got a question on, in your opinion, out of the giant mother plants I do have, which would be best for outdoors this season. I have now critical plus which is a very potent phenol actually two phenos and yields out of the roof! This is not the auto version it is the photo period. I also have a pretty potent super lemon haze phenol that finishes in about 9 1/2 to 10 weeks. The critical plus finishes in 45 days exactly at start of 12/12 give a couple days! One of the quickest I've has since Sensi Northern Lights.

A few others im fixing to take cuttings from before I throw into flower are critical kush (which ive ran before, did not find any good phenos), Kollosus and Kalishnikova.

I also have several freebies that have never gotten popped yet, one that really catches my eye is the California Hash Plant. Finishes pretty quickly, medium potentcy indica that is pretty well stable. The eye catcher though is that it still produces great yields and hard buds in shaded areas, which could be a miracle for my area because here they fly the choppers heavy and I mean HEAVY! Everyday from late spring to early fall and they do not let up! Lol. If the hash plant is vigorous and lives up to its description in shady areas then I may have a great year.

Anyways i'm really considering the critical plus, my only worry with her is mold issues, which I've had none indoors so far and it is a very very stable genetic. A cross of big bud and a specially selected skunk. Any input? Sorry for rambling guys, the sativa endorphins in my brain are rolling this morning! lol

MountainBudz

BTW Team Microbe, that serious 6 looks amazing. I'm considering ordering a few of those myself.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Shakira, in my state and in my area they pay just as much attention to the borders of the state and county lines as they do any where else. There are a lot of federal agencies involved in the eradication season and they however have jurisdiction anywhere they wanna stick their stinky noses.

Are you located in KY or TN?

Not quite. I'm in WV, which is still a hot state but the long dick of Leo is a little shorter here. Not quite as much money as KY or TN to throw towards putting pigs in the air.

The national guard does give them a helping hand though. The eradication circle-jerk patrols some areas more heavily than others though. Like you said, eastern KY is the wild west. So is southern WV. This year I may be planting in plots of no more than 3 or 4 plants. Gotta make them think twice about whether or not they wanna bother if they happen to see a small plot.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Do you have a preferred neem oil? I'm thinking of just going to Lowe's or Home Depot and getting Garden Safe brand unless someone has a better suggestion.

Team Microbe

Veteran
Happy outdoorseason....:peacock:

God damn I miss the great outdoor

P :smoker:

It feeds the soul! I miss it too man, I run an indoor but nothing compares to the feeling of walking up to a thriving outdoor patch under the sun on a warm summer's day... that's for sure :tiphat:

Damn! One of my spots last year was also compromised, so I can relate to you in that sense. That's a gut wrenching feeling, when a tried and true patch gets found finally. Early spring site searching is an adventure in itself though, I can't wait to get back out there. I'm going to get a GPS and mark down locations this year, so I can get more creative and go further into the brush rather than relying on my memory (which isn't too hot during dry sifting days) to get back out to civilization.

I tried to find a partner (sounds like a personal problem lol) for the past 2 years but have learned that it's best to go at it alone, unless you have someone you can truly trust and that is AS dedicated as you are. They would have to be a grower that I grew up with, and I know none so I hit it full force as a lone wolf. Partners can be great during harvest for look out reasons, but you end up getting the same amount of yield you would if you did it alone ya know? It can cause friendships to fail if a patch is ripped, because you begin pointing fingers at the other guy immediately. I was going to partner up with someone and plant trail cameras all over the property that we had in mind and not tell him, just to see if he would rip the final crop. But then I thought, "I clearly don't trust him enough if I'm doing this, so what's the point in losing sleep over it if I'm going to get the same amount ultimately?"
It's nice to have company out in the bush, but it isn't all that necessary. In emergency situations however, it's a good thing to have. I bring epi pens with me for bee/wasp/hornet precautions, but if I break an ankle or get bit my a snake 1 hr away from my car I'm pretty much SOL. It's good to bring an emergency kit of some sort for these very reasons IMO.

Glad you stopped by bro, you should def stick around :tiphat:

A while back I read wildlife management areas are off limits air traffic. Can't recall the reason though. Anyways, one of my plots is very close to a WMA, haven't ever seen a chopper there.

Really?! Do you know this for sure? If so, wildlife management areas would be the place to plant...

Last year when they got my plot, they also found my mother plants in a location on a separate ridge, then on another ridge about a mile from that they got my seed/breeding plot. Talk about being hurt... I'm sort of screwed on what to run this year outdoors, even though I do have very many seeds I've bred along the last few years, they still aren't very stable yet.

I focused more on the indoor spectrum of the game and started getting into strains well suited for indoor. I've got a question on, in your opinion, out of the giant mother plants I do have, which would be best for outdoors this season. I have now critical plus which is a very potent phenol actually two phenos and yields out of the roof! This is not the auto version it is the photo period. I also have a pretty potent super lemon haze phenol that finishes in about 9 1/2 to 10 weeks. The critical plus finishes in 45 days exactly at start of 12/12 give a couple days! One of the quickest I've has since Sensi Northern Lights.

A few others im fixing to take cuttings from before I throw into flower are critical kush (which ive ran before, did not find any good phenos), Kollosus and Kalishnikova.

I also have several freebies that have never gotten popped yet, one that really catches my eye is the California Hash Plant. Finishes pretty quickly, medium potentcy indica that is pretty well stable. The eye catcher though is that it still produces great yields and hard buds in shaded areas, which could be a miracle for my area because here they fly the choppers heavy and I mean HEAVY! Everyday from late spring to early fall and they do not let up! Lol. If the hash plant is vigorous and lives up to its description in shady areas then I may have a great year.

Anyways i'm really considering the critical plus, my only worry with her is mold issues, which I've had none indoors so far and it is a very very stable genetic. A cross of big bud and a specially selected skunk. Any input? Sorry for rambling guys, the sativa endorphins in my brain are rolling this morning! lol

Damn, I'm sorry to hear about that man. Lessons are very valuable though, if I never was ripped I'd still be planting carelessly (not to say your spot wasn't good) and taking a lot more chances/leaving more obvious trail heads leading to my patches. I'm going to scatter big plants this year on the south side of tree lines to avoid air detection. They look for that "Christmas tree" shape so I always tie down the tops horizontally, this also lets more light penetrate the lower branches too I've found. You'll be on your mark this year bc of that incident, I'm confident in that.

As far as strain selection goes, avoid kush strains and other dense-structured hybrids that don't list "Outdoor" in the description. I've found that many strains from the Blue family (Blueberry Headband, Blue Widow, Blue Hashplant) do really well outdoors with mold resistance. Other strains that are reliable are Church, Spontanica, KC-33, KC-36, Pineapple Chunk, Timewarp, etc.

I had a 7 plant patch ripped 2 summers ago, and they left me 1 plant out of a guilty conscious or something. It was Critical +, and it had under 10% mold (maybe even 5%) so I can say it's worth a run. It yields HEAVY, and doesn't have too bad of a terp profile. Nice bag appeal as well, it's a potent strain that I would run again. It makes me consider other Critical hybrids too... I wonder how Critical Jack would do...

Justagrowin

I never seen people work so hard in my life 3 bails of pro mix is 2 to many. I grow in wet swamps. using 30 gal tote with the bottom cut out. set them in a wet spot can even be standing water. Root will grow out the bottom never have to water just feed. most plant yield over a pound. Done this for years been riped once.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Well, it's almost March everyone! Outdoor season is right around the corner... now if this F'in snow would just melt so we could start scouting up here in the north...

I've began popping seeds this week, and I hope to grow these out large enough to take cuttings from on 4/20 - giving me a month to root them out and harden off for the big transplant day (June 1st).

View Image
7 feminized Serious 6 seeds

View Image
7/7 germ rate! I have a good feeling about this strain...

View Image
It's supposed to be mold resistant, finish early (end of Sept.), and half of the phenos will express these vibrant pink pistils that are just eye grabbing to say the least. I'm told that they don't stay pink for long into the curing process, but I'd still love to take some nice photos with the sun shining through those pistils. Has anyone grown this outside yet? I'd love to hear some feedback on what she can do.

View Image
I found this badass machete for chopping brush to clear sites with, it should be here any day now! Fuck yeah. I haven't really begun to buy any tools/amendments for this spring yet but by the end of the month I'll buy everything I need for the most part. I still need to find my sites and figure out exactly what methods I'll be using at each one, and then I can dial in the tools I'll need to bring to those specific sites.
ya bro serious is the real deal..see arent u glad i talked u into getting this strain now..:laughing: i cant wait to get my S6 and biddy popping as well..those fkn seeds didnt just crack they sprung open..i never let my tails get that long when i do pop mine in paper towels..i usally just put mine directly into the jiffy pellets or st8 into the jiffy pot

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

hey man im in eastern KY myself..get the delahaze it loves our climate no rot,monster yeilds and potent as fuck!! a few others i have did alot research into that will do well here is biddy early,early skunk,serious6,heribei(s a n n i e gear). easy sativa,Wos-NLxBB..im hoping the early skunk will be a bit here here in my area as u know everone loves skunk in the good ole ky hollers..im gonna do a critical jack,jacky white,blue kush as wild cards..i spoke to a dinafem guy and he said that the critical 2.0 and blue kush does well in the UK climate and since i have these as freebies im gonna stick them out..if they rot no biggie i got my insurance strains already..i do know the critical jack,jacky white and blue kush are excellent producers of potent weed from the reports from multipule sources..

Edit: also on the funding im hoping they use it all for meth and presciprtion drugs..im glad i dont live or plant in the daniel boone national forest..that is alot of area to cover though..they flew here in 2012 but after that chopper crashed in 2013 and fucked those 2 KSP guys up they have slacked way way down here in my part of applachia,but its always pays to be safe no matter what..
i do plots of 2-3 plants that it and then move on..its alot of fkn work when we get a dry summer but its well worth it..last year was a absolute fkn nite mare here bc of all the damn rain we got..it started at the end of july and didnt let up till around 20th of sept..the damage had already been done to all my plants except the delahaze,but i had a shitty strain choice last year compared to this year so im ready to go head to head with botrytis and pests!!!!..sucks the pigs got ya plants last year lets hope this year will be a better year for us both... what strains have u had success with here in ky man?

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-09-30-kentucky_N.htm---guerillas beat the cops to the prize lool hell ya!!

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/08/man_82_shoots_guy_for_snooping_around_his_marijuan.php---->---grand paw shoots a potential ripper..

Last edited:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Do you have a preferred neem oil? I'm thinking of just going to Lowe's or Home Depot and getting Garden Safe brand unless someone has a better suggestion.

dont get that shit bro..its not the 100% stuff its 70%..this is the one u want http://neemresource.com/
i got the neem oil and karnaja oil..im gonna use the neem oil for soil drenches and the karnaja for folair..the karanja isnt nearly as thick like the neem oil and its got alot better smell to it..it has the same knock down power of neem from all the research ive read on it..the neem tree and karanja tree is in the same family class..

Latest posts

Latest posts